Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.48 shipping
RIM Charging Pod - 5V DC - USB
|Price:||$2.92 + $2.98 shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Combines with any travel or data cable charger to charge and/or sync with a BlackBerry smartphone
- Display smartphone while recharging, taking calls, watching videos or listening to music
- LED 2-colour indicators identify whether smartphone is charging or charged
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
:( the front blackberry symbol is REALLY bright, but after a few days, i got used to it
:( I need to take off my silicone case to recharge
:) My cord recharger wouldn't recharge if inserted directly to the phone, but if I plug it into the recharging pod it works again. Something about the electric current not flowing properly to the blackberry... I have seen this problem a lot on the discussion boards.
- The Blackberry logo on the front of the pod permanently lights up in white if it's plugged in, even if the pod's empty.
- The quality is good, no parts are flimsy.
- The Blackberry just "sits" in the pod. There is no "click" (no locking mechanism). Removing the Blackberry is a breeze, just pick it out of the pod.
- The price is a little high (16 USD) for a simple product that's made in China. This is why I gave it 4/5 stars.
- It's convenient being able to view incoming text messages or calls on my Blackberry while working on a desk. No more laying my Blackberry flat. I bought two pods; one for my home computer desk and one for work.
- It charges the Blackberry only. You cannot sync your Blackberry to your computer (you must connect a USB cable directly to the Blackberry to sync).
This product is recommended if you regularly spend time in front of a desk.
============ Update March 30 2009
- The pods are still like new after 2 1/2 months of 'abuse'. There are no scratches on my Blackberry Curve phone from inserting them into the pods.
- I no longer plug the power cable into the pod. I plug the power cable directly into my blackberry phone.. thus the pod is just a phone "holder". Below are the reasons:
1. I can pick up the blackberry and use it without interrupting the charge.
2. Sometimes I leave the Blackberry phone in the pods for several hours and it's not good to charge the battery constantly. It'll shorten the life of the lithium ion battery.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works really well. Not that too many people still have Blackberry, but this charger works as expected.Published 17 months ago by Janine
All very well, without any problems ... I recommend, are good and guaranteed products. At least it is mentioned in the publication.Published on October 29, 2013 by Jose Luis Granados Oropeza
The USB port on my Blackberry had broken and I could no longer use it to charge my phone. This cradle was a great solution at under $10.Published on April 17, 2013 by Randall L Powell
best charging system, makes it useful in a hands free position while rejoicing.
sure this is a little larger than the macro plug, but the ease of attachment and phone position... Read more
Works great with standard battery but if using the extended life battery, the larger back cover will not fit in the charger.Published on January 17, 2013 by Maurie
I own two Blackberry cell phones and accessories and have had these for the last two years. The telephones are the 8830 and the 8330. Read morePublished on June 15, 2012 by Brian L. Danielsen
I love my blackberry 8330 and this does the job, for my cell phone! it does stay lit green, the led that is when fully charged but only when the phone is left off!Published on January 24, 2012 by T.W.
I love this charging pod! I used the cord for my previous Blackberry and suffered prong issues, which my sales rep said were common among Blackberry products. Read morePublished on November 5, 2011 by Amy J. Maher
Pretty straight forward. I needed a replacement charger and found it. The product works great. What is really impressive is the fact that my order arrived days before the actual... Read morePublished on October 31, 2011 by gaibarra