RIP-IT Defense Softball Fielder’s Mask – Lightweight Secure Fit Provides Maximum Protection and Comfort – Does Not Obstruct View – Ponytail Friendly
|Price:||$34.99 - $65.00|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Like the steel safety cell of a car, the Defense is designed to transfer and reduce the force of impact. This reduces the likelihood of injury when a ball strikes you in the face.
- Designed the correct way for openness, lightweight, and vision. This means you will stay cool, see the ball, and make the play.
- Comfort is important. That is why the Defense was designed with a Ponytail friendly strap and the first infinitely adjustable chin cup.
- Available in five colors: Black, Scarlet (Red), Navy, Royal, and White
- Upgrade kit available that adds a detachable visor, new padding, and chin cup.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Before, players were forced to use fielding masks that limited their vision, were bulky, and uncomfortable. Today players all over the world have switched to the RIP-IT Defense and are experiencing a level of vision and comfort never possible before. Steel Safety Cell Impacts from the ball hitting the Defense are repelled and the force is absorbed and transferred away from the point of impact. Superior Vision The Defense creates a stunning amount of vision and most players tend to forget they are wearing one. The flawless design is centered on removing what was unnecessary, and has created the best vision possible for a fielder’s face mask. You can see your feet. One of the unique things about the Defense is when you look down you can actually see your feet. While most face masks have obstructed views fielding grounders or pop-ups, the Defense and its clutter free design makes seeing the ball to your glove easy and flawless. Ponytails are part of the game. If you wear a ponytail while playing you know the issues it can cause. The Defense solves this problem with its ponytail strap. The ponytail strap allows you to pull your ponytail through the opening so everything fits perfect. Talking chin cups. Because the chin cup on the Defense is infinitely adjustable it fits you exactly how you want it to. This means more comfort, better positioning, and the ability to talk easily while wearing a fielder’s mask. The secret is the back of the chin cup is made of one continuous piece of velcro. Meaning you can stick it on however you need to.
Before the Defense from Rip-It, players were forced to use fielding masks that limited their vision, were bulky, and were uncomfortable. With the Rip-It Defense the field of view opens up and comfort is possible thanks to a simplified design that eliminates any unnecessary bulk, while maximizing protection. Players wearing the Defense can actually see their feet when they look down--allowing them an unobstructed view of grounders, pop-ups, and fly balls. With steel safety cell design, ball impacts are repelled and the force is absorbed and transferred away from the point of impact for maximum protection. Go out to the field with confidence and comfort--with the Defense Fielder's Mask from Rip-It.
The Rip-It Defense offers an exceptionally wide field of view, designed not to interfere with your ability to see the ball.
- Variable Flex Design: Providing the same impact protection known in the car industry as a crumple zone, the Defense's steel safety cell is designed to be either stiff or flexible depending on the force of impact. This feature allows the Defense to stay rigid for a majority of the impacts a player may receive while playing. However, in that rare instance when the ball is traveling at an excessive speed, the steel safety cell will flex to transfer energy away from the point of contact offering the best possible protection in extreme circumstances. No matter how great the impact, when a ball strikes the Defense the energy and force of the impact is instantly spread over the entire surface area of the padding. With nearly two feet of padded surface area, the Defense is able to absorb more impact, transfer more energy, and reduce impact related injury.
- Severity Index of 56 MPH Softball Impact: without Rip-It Defense--1200 SI; with Rip-It Defense--330 SI
Superior Wide Angle Viewing:
The Defense creates such a wide angle of view that players are able to forget they are wearing a facemask. With a simplified design that eliminates any unnecessary bulk, while maximizing protection, the Defense offers the best vision possible in a fielder’s facemask. Players wearing the Defense can actually see their feet when they look down--allowing them an unobstructed view when fielding grounders or pop-ups. The Defense's clutter free design makes seeing the ball to your glove easy and flawless.
- Ponytails Strap: Ponytails are part of the game. If you wear a ponytail while playing you know the issues it can cause. The Defense solves this problem with its ponytail strap. The ponytail strap allows you to pull your ponytail through the opening so everything fits perfectly.
- Chin Cups: With a back made of one continuous piece of Velcro, the Defense chin cup is infinitely adjustable--enabling it to fit exactly how you want it to. This means more comfort, better positioning, and the ability to talk easily while wearing a fielder’s mask.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I play adult men's slow pitch, Silver/Gold USSSA and this past weekend the mask severed its purpose after a year of wearing it. NSA hitting 400/44s so they are rock hard balls. Easily 100+mph shot to 3rd struck a rock and redirected the ball into what would have been my right eye socket. The play was over in a blink of an eye and in the end I suffered no concussion only a bruise above my right ears from where the back of mask compressed into my head.
The mask took no structural damage (no broken welds) simply have a new yellow color coating from the ball.
Amazed at how well it held up and everyone was impressed that how devastating the blow was, it showed little to no affect on me.
I owe my vision and possible life to this $40 product. If you play men's softball at a tournament level, you should buy this or something similar. A freak rock would have cost me thousands of dollars in reconstruction-surgery, this past weekend.