Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 116 reviews
on June 16, 2016
Works well and great for charging multiple electronics. ! There is a green charging light that is across the top of the unit. I've ordered several units and usually pack one when I travel. The product is as described and delivered as expected.
on June 2, 2016
it is a bit confusing.. the usb ports. i read the packaging, and from what i can tell, it's a 2.4amp usb.. but with 2 ports. the package itself says "2-port 2.4 usb", which doesn't exactly mean 2 separate ports with 2.4amp output each. also, in a specs section, it says "2.4amp total". after being uncertain, i did a test. using my iphone 6+, i charged my phone for 10 minutes on each usb port. left did 10% in ten minutes. the right did 7%. not much difference, but i can easily assume it's not 2- 2.4a usb ports. there is really no clear instructions that come with the item. it's pretty straight forwards, but instructions would have been nice. the light isn't super bright to me, but i don't sleep in a completely dark room, so i never noticed the light at night.
on June 15, 2014
I like this surge protector and look for a while for one that not only had the additional outlets but also had the USB ports. I am a little disappointed with it though because the outlets are so close to each other that you can't really use all the ports unless our wires are all really thin. You just don't have the spade between ports to plug six items in. I can plug 4 items in on each corner and the 2 center outlets are just wasted space. Wouldn't buy again not or my situation.
on June 19, 2014
I reorganized my desk area, and this seemed like the last thing needed to plug in HDMI chargers as well as have somewhere to plug in extraneous items. All is good, except that I now have one more light burning 24/7. I have a foolproof way of seeing if a power source is working. I turn on one of the devices that is plugged into it. If it doesn't work, the plug probably doesn't work. My den now has NINE items that glow night and day, and two of those have 5 lights each- 15 little lights glowing to tell me what I could find out by turning on a switch. I doubt that this review will change anything, but if I have the option to use a non-lighted item, I will choose it.
on October 22, 2016
A very useful device with a small green light at the top indicating that power is on and doubles as a nightlight. I wouldn't use it in a bedroom, though, because the light is just bright enough to interfere with sleep.
on December 5, 2015
I'd rate it somewhere between three and four stars, really. It's still working and performs the power functions just fine, which would be five starts, but the "surge protection active" light went off about a month ago, and I don't know why - and my email messages to the company went unanswered. (I was still in warranty period, which is about to expire in another few days.) Maybe it's still providing surge protection? But I don't know and couldn't get an answer from the company. I can say that the ground is still connected, and similar devices plugged into this one display all status as normal. But there's no way to tell about the surge protection, I guess. I don't know. Maybe it's still doing it, maybe not.

So given that uncertainty, and that it's less than a year old before that failure mode, minus one star; given no response from the company, another minus. Other than that, it's great.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2015
We purchased our first unit last summer. It is installed over the kitchen desk in a ground fault circuit receptacle, but not the one with the reset buttons. Several reviews criticized the unit because of the bright green light. We decided that in the kitchen the bright light wouldn't matter. As it turned out the green light stopped working about three weeks after installation. Without the light the charging station still works perfectly charging a Galaxy 4S, an I-Phone 5, two I-Pads, and a Garmin Approach GPS golf watch. I read recently that surge protectors don't last indefinitely so we ordered another one, just in case. It's still in the unopened package with the spare batteries, bulbs etc.

We ordered another one, a house warming gift for a friend. She had seen ours and raved about it. Now she has her own and loves it.
on June 4, 2014
We have had to replace several large surge protectors that have lasted almost seven years. I wanted to find a second Yubi Family Charging station but they are currently out of stock here on Amazon. We chose this station because you have the option to screw it securely into the socket. We chose not to and it works just fine and plugs into the wall. The plug is standard american three prong. Older ungrounded outlets will not work.

The station does have a led on top to notify you of a problem (green, ok). So far, the steady green light has not been noticeable and is like a small night light. It has enough light to help you find the USB port without turning on overhead lights. We have used the USB ports charge iPhones, iPads, Kindles, 3ds and a Kindle Fire. Even with all plugs in use the USB ports continued to provide great, fast charges. We have also had one storm cause a power flicker with no issues to the electronics.

This is a great alternative to those huge brick surge protectors!
on August 10, 2015
Bought this solely for the purpose of needing more outlets to plug in standard plugs such as TVs, laptop charger, desk lamp etc. and figured i would never use the USB ports on it since I have never needed to plug anything USB into the wall. Upon using it for some time however I have found the 2 USB ports to be very handy. Mostly using this to charge my phone as I am constantly moving my phone charger and don't keep it in one spot for more than a week.

This allows me to keep a plug open for other things that stay put and not have to mess with wires and plugs to change my phone charger in and out. Also is grounded which keeps me at ease as I have easily $2K of electronics plugged into this outlet.
on May 25, 2016
This is just what I wanted charges up all the cell phones and leaves the out lets open for other uses.