Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
RSVP Terry’s Dual Sided Espresso Tamper
|Price:||$7.68 & FREE Shipping|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Commercial quality, heavy die cast aluminum alloy designed by a professional barista for the expert or home espresso maker
- The dual ends of this tamper evenly distributes, compresses and levels ground coffee for a denser, richer and more flavorful espresso brew. Features two flat tamping sides (51mm / 2-inches and 58mm / 2-1/4-inches)
- Made of tumble finished long lasting cast alloy with no chemical coating that resists corrosion from acids found in coffee
- A must have for all baristas both professional and novice. Is also great to use in your kitchen to tamp and press pastry into pans or create mini slider patties
- Easy to clean simply hand wash with warm soapy water, dry thoroughly
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
HIC Dual-Sided Espresso Tamper, 4-Ounce Weight, 50-Millimeter and 55-Millimeter
X-Chef Frothing Pitcher Stainless Steel Milk Pitcher 12 oz (350 ml)
New Star Foodservice 28829 Commercial Grade Stainless Steel 18/8 12 oz Frothing Pitcher and Die Cast Aluminum Tamper Combo Set, Silver
New Star Foodservice 43310 Casting Aluminum Espresso Tamper
Coffee Tamper, X-Chef Tamper for Espresso Barista Espresso Tamper 51/ 58mm Base Coffee Bean Press Taste Aluminum Polished Improving Non Rust
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||HOLDANDSTORAGE||Amazon.com||X-Chef LLC||Amazon.com||New Star Foodservice Inc||X-Chef LLC|
RSVP strives to offer quality kitchen products and cooking tools at competitive prices. Our Terry’s Espresso Tamper is a perfect example. Made of heavy cast alloy, 55mm in diameter with a flat bottom. Hand wash. Measures 2-3/4-inches by 2-1/4-inches by 2-3/4-inches. When all the right people, and ingredients, kitchen tools, and food come together, we call this The Art of Gathering.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this to use with my Mr. Coffee BVMC ECM-260 espresso maker, assuming that the 50mm side would be small enough for my portfilter. This seems to be a fairly common size, and tracking down smaller tampers takes a little effort and the willingness to spend a bit more money. That said, this particular tamper is rather light, and feels "cheap" in the hand, it did not fit my filter so I can't speak of it's performance. What I can say, is that if you have a Mr. Coffee machine, or any other espresso machine with a smaller filter, this most likely isn't the product for you. I would highly suggest investing the $15 in this tamper for smaller machines instead http://www.amazon.com/Espresso-Tamper-Stainless-Steel-Coffee/dp/B000BUB50I/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1432243379&sr=1-5&keywords=49mm
However, if your filter basket is a bigger size, then perhaps your experience will be better than mine was. I find the above tamper (the one I shared the link to) to be a heavier feeling and overall nicer build quality. I would highly recommend something like that over this light/flimsy feeling thing.
The unit measurements stated 2" top diameter x 2 1/4" bottom diameter (50mm and 60 mm)
It is nicely weighted and clearly made from cast mold (you can see the ridges) with an alloy metal (aluminum coating, I guess)...
so that means...
ONLY HANDWASH it or it will look ugly tarnished after it comes out of the dishwasher.
When I use it, it only needs a quick wipe down from the bits of espresso grind- it has never been sullied up to need more than a soapy wipe and quick splash of water after I first got it.
This is your basic tamper beyond the plastic tampers. It looks good and works well.
If you need a weighted tamper for pressing your grind into it's basket this looks good and serves it's purpose IF it has a snug fit for your espresso grounds basket. So check your espresso machine grind basket measurements so you can get what you need and not have a "misfit".
Nice value, it does what it should... packs the espresso grind down nicely, fits snug into the basket of my espresso machine, so the machine can do it's thing.
1) Everything made out of metal and normally used with food should be dishwasher safe today.
2) A consumer should not be able to wash the shiny chrome plating off of anything whether hand washing or in a dishwasher.
3) Undocumented (not disclosed and not available) materials used with food today is unacceptable.
4) Items made in the United States are required to have Material Safety Data Sheets telling what is in them. I cannot find one for this item.
Conclusion: Throw it away! We have know idea if is safe, and for the few bucks involved I am not going to find out the hard way. Cancer or heavy metal poisoning is not worth risking you life for any amount of money.
I don't wash it in the dishwasher, so haven't had any problem with it discoloring. Not sure why you'd want to wash it in a dishwasher anyway, it's easy to hand wash. Reqlly, since it's coffee grounds, I just wipe it off with a towel and haven't washed it.
I rate this 5 stars and highly recommend it!