|Screen Size||8.7 inches|
|Wireless Type||802.11 A/C, 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
|Price:||$159.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Up to 1900 Mbps, 802.11AC(1300Mbps over 5G) + 802.11N(600Mbps over 2.4G). Broadcom TurboQAMTM technology increases wireless-N data rate to600 Mbps for 33% faster performance
- 1 x Gigabit WAN port, 4 x Gigabit LAN ports, 1 x USB3.0/1 x USB 2.0 support Printer/HDD/(3G/4G dongle) sharing.
- AiRadar with Beam forming technology to ensure maximum WiFi coverage. Dual-core processor for fast and responsive performance with Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB devices.
- AiCloud to bring you multimedia sharing from outside network and Smartphone
- Enhanced ASUSWRT interface for Easy 3steps setup through Tablet, Smartphone and PC
- AiProtection with Trend MicroTM for Complete Network Security
- ASUS Ranked "Highest Customer Satisfaction with Wireless Routers in the U.S."- J.D. Power
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Experience wireless performance that rivals a wired Gigabit connection, with combined dual-band data rates up to 1900 Mbps, 1300 Mbps on 802.11ac and a boosted 600 Mbps on 802.11n thanks to Broadcom TurboQAM technology. Powered by a dual-core processor, eliminate performance drops that plague other routers with busy networks for smooth 4K video streaming, low latency online gaming, and ultra-fast downloading at one time. ASUS-exclusive AiProtection by Trend Micro keeps your digital playground safe and sound. Dual USB ports let you share files, network a printer, and connect to a 3G/4G modem.
At a Glance
- Dual-band data rates up to 1900 Mbps
- 4 x Gigabit LAN ports, USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports
- ASUSWRT graphical user interface for 30-second setup
- AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage vulnerability protection
Highest Customer Satisfaction with Wireless Routers in the U.S.
ASUS achieved the highest scores* in 6 study factors: Reliability, Wi-Fi range, Security, Capabilities, Speed of upload/download file, Restore connection easily, and Variety of features.
*ASUS received the highest numerical score among wireless routers in the J.D. Power 2015 Wireless Router Satisfaction Report, based on 2,716 responses from 8 companies measuring satisfaction with wireless routers surveyed November-December 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit the JD Power website.
Features and Benefits
802.11AC Wi-Fi with TurboQAM Wi-Fi acceleration
The ASUS RT-AC68U features dual-band data rates of up to 1900 Mbps: 1300 Mbps 802.11ac at 5 GHz gives Gigabit-speed wireless data rates, while Broadcom TurboQAM technology super-charges 2.4 GHz 802.11n performance from 450 Mbps to 600 Mbps with compatible devices.
Do more at once with a dual-core CPU inside
RT-AC68U features a dual-core processor that eliminates the performance drops that plague other routers. So even on the busiest home networks, 4K video streaming is always smooth, the latency low for online gaming and VoIP calls, and file downloads are never interrupted.
Enhanced signal range and stability
ASUS AiRadar with exclusive ASUS RF fine-tuning intelligently strengthens wireless connectivity using 802.11ac beamforming technology for high power amplification. This ensures extended coverage, dynamic data speed increases, and enhanced stability.
AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro
Just as wireless technology has evolved, online threats have similarly evolved. AiProtection provides multi-stage protection against these threats. From vulnerability protection and malicious site blocking to preventing already-infected devices from transmitting personal data, AiProtection keeps your digital playground safe and sound.
ASUSWRT User Interface
The RT-AC68U features the enhanced, intuitive ASUSWRT user interface, which gives you easy access to both the 3-step web-based installation process and a wealth of robust advanced options.
What's in the Box?
- RT-AC68U Dual-band Wireless-AC1900 Gigabit Router.
- RJ-45 Ethernet cable.
- Power adapter.
- Quick start guide.
- Support CD (user manual and utility).
- Wireless Type: 802.11ac/b/g/n
- Wireless Speed: Up to 1900 mbps
- Wireless Frequency: Dual-band (5GHz @ 802.11ac & 2.4 GHz @ 802.11n)
- Wired Connectivity: 5 x LAN, 1x WAN gigabit Ethernet port
- USB Ports: 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0
- Warranty: 2 Years
Top Customer Reviews
Before setup I found 3 excellent HD Youtube videos (ASUS RT-N66U Setup...Wired...Wireless). They're made by a down to earth Asus employee who does a great job covering the setup wizard and various features. Getting it up is a breeze, very simple, takes a couple minutes for both wired and wireless. Before install you might want to check into the following:
1) Download the latest firmware from the ASUS website. The routers FW version listed at top of GUI, nice! (Router access is 192.168.1.1)
2) Decide if you want a different (SSID) name for the 2.4GHz and the 5GHZ channel and figure out what the names will be.
3) I used an online "WPA Key Generator" so the keys were ready before setup. I created a different one for each channel.
4) Visit smallnetbuilder.com forum for the AC66U. Read the couple threads on how they're getting strongest signals, best channels, frequency's, etc. Many passionate owners will help with timely support and tips.
5) Test your internet speeds and pingtest.net before - and after you install this new router.
The routers GUI is incredibly easy to understand and has tremendous amount of information and features.Read more ›
"As previously shown in Figure 2-2, the noise from USB 3.0 data spectrum can be high
(in the 2.4-2.5 GHz range). This noise can radiate from the USB 3.0 connector on a
PC platform, the USB 3.0 connector on the peripheral device or the USB 3.0 cable. If
the antenna of a wireless device operating in this band is placed close to any of the
above USB 3.0 radiation channels, it can pick up the broadband noise. The broadband
noise emitted from a USB 3.0 device can affect the SNR and limit the sensitivity of any
wireless receiver whose antenna is physically located close to the USB 3.0 device. This
may result in a drop in throughput on the wireless link."
I experienced this when I built a new computer and placed the router on top of the tower on my desk and plugged my Patriot USB 3.0 thumb drive in the USB 3.0 port on top of the tower which is about 8 inches from the router antenna. My desktop is Ethernet, so was not affected. Laptop1 was using 5.0 GHz band and was not affected. Laptop2 was using 2.4 GHz band and could not connect wirelessly.Read more ›
Second, I am a student studying network administration and I don't know everything about Networking yet, but I am getting there.
Note: I will be updating this review to include a lot more when I have fooled around with it more.
This router not only met my needs, but it exceeded them. I logged in the router for the first time to find a plethora of amazing utilities and trust me when I say this "I wish Cisco would have their user interface on their routers like how Asus has it setup on this one. Its it remarkable how well they have polished the interface and make it so user friendly but at the same time giving us techies what we need.
Connection: I get full bars and I have yet to go down the street to see if I still have a connection, but I will say this. My E1200 router would only give my mother that's on the other side of the house 3 bars. With this it is a max of 5 and her speeds are amazing when compared to the E1200's speeds.
Remember me saying Swiss Army Knife? Well this router has the following:
Guest network setup with 3 network keys for the 2.4ghz network and 3 network keys for the 5.0ghz network. Unheard of I say! Hats off to Asus for that.
Traffic manager is another nice add but one that is common place on every router out.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Beats every popular/expensive router on the market (had to try and return all the expansive brand names as their signal sucked!)Published 9 hours ago by VL
1. Almost installs itself.
2. My cable provider speed is 60 Mbps and I now get 62 Mbps hard wired and my downstairs laptop WIFI speed has doubled to 50... Read more
Everything you would expect it to be. Easy to set up but it does "require" you to hardwire to the router...well in the world of new PC's many require dongles, etc. Read morePublished 11 hours ago by JDP
The after-sales support by ASUS was terrible. Not answering my questions but responding by sending additional questions shortly before the 48h response time was over.Published 12 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I was very pleased with the easy installation and the clean panel for setting up my home network! If I could handle the install and set up probably anyone could. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Second Asus router for me. I have loved it and it's features. But after having it for 2 months I am occasionally disconnecting for a few seconds at a time. Read morePublished 1 day ago by John S