RTL-SDR Blog R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio (Dongle Only)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.05. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Includes 1x RTL-SDR Blog brand R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO HF Bias Tee SMA Dongle (V3)
- Great for many applications including general radio scanning, air traffic control, public safety radio, ADSB, AIS, ACARS, trunked radio, P25 digital voice, POCSAG, weather balloons, APRS, NOAA APT weather satellites, radio astronomy, meteor scatter monitoring, DAB, or for use as a low cost panadapter with a traditional ham radio.
- Several improvements over generic brands including use of the R820T2 tuner, improved component tolerances, a 1 PPM temperature compensated oscillator (TCXO), SMA F connector, aluminium case with thermal pad for passive cooling, software activatable bias tee circuit.
- Can tune from 500 kHz to 1.7 GHz and has up to 3.2 MHz (2.4 MHz stable) of instantaneous bandwidth. (HF reception below 24 MHz runs in direct sampling mode)
- Uses a SMA female antenna port. Please note that this is the dongle only, no antennas are included.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Quickstart Guide: rtl-sdr.com/QSG
V3 Features Guide: rtl-sdr.com/V3
Antenna Guide: rtl-sdr.com/DIPOLE
This is an RTL-SDR software defined radio receiver with RTL2832U ADC chip, 1PPM TCXO, SMA F connector, R820T2 tuner and aluminium case with passive cooling. Tunes from 500 kHz to 1.7 GHz with up to 3.2 MHz (2.4 MHz stable) of instantaneous bandwidth. (HF mode works in direct sampling mode - V3 models and above only). Perfect for use as a computer based radio scanner with free software like SDR#, HDSDR, SDR-Radio, Linrad, GQRX or SDR Touch on Android. Works on Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and even embedded Linux computers like the Raspberry Pi.
Great for many applications including general radio scanning, air traffic control, public safety radio, ADS-B aircraft radar, AIS boat radar, ACARS, trunked radio, P25/MotoTRBO digital voice, POCSAG, weather balloons, APRS, NOAA APT weather satellites, Meteor M2 satellites, radio astronomy, meteor scatter monitoring, DAB, or for use as a low cost panadapter with a traditional ham radio.
This model has several improvements over other models. It uses the improved R820T2 tuner, comes with a 1PPM TCXO (no drift and accurate tuning with a 2 PPM initial offset and 1 PPM temperature drift), improved component tolerances, redesigned PCB, cooling improvements, extra ESD protection and an SMA F connector. It also comes with a software activatable bias-tee circuit for powering external devices such as LNA's and active antennas. Full info available on the improvement datasheet here goo.gl/JTNPrb
Requires a USB 2.0 Port and works on most USB 3.0 ports. Installation on Windows is simple. Please go to our free RTL-SDR Quickstart Guide at rtl-sdr.com/QSG for installation instructions. For custom antennas please note that this dongle uses an SMA F connector (note not RP-SMA). Please feel free to contact us for support.