RTL-SDR Blog R820T2 RTL2832U Software Defined Radio with 2x Telescopic Antenna
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Includes 1x RTL-SDR Blog brand R820T2 RTL2832U Dongle, 1x 9.5cm to 31.5cm telescopic antenna, 1x 20cm to 1.5m telescopic antenna and 1x magnetic mount base with full braid RG174.
- Can tune from 24 MHz to 1.7 GHz and has up to 3.2 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth.
- Great for many applications including general radio scanning, air traffic control, public safety radio, ADSB, AIS, ACARS, trunked radio, P25 digital voice, POCSAG, weather balloons, APRS, NOAA APT weather satellites, radio astronomy, meteor scatter monitoring, DAB, or for use as a low cost panadapter with a traditional ham radio.
- The included telescopic antennas are great for beginners! Our long and short antennas cover almost the entire frequency band that is receivable by the RTL-SDR. Our antenna bases also come with full braid RG174 coax which is a large improvement over the lower quality cabling used by the generic brands.
- Several improvements over generic brands including use of the R820T2 tuner, improved component tolerances, use of a surface mount crystal oscillator resulting in lower PPM offset and drift (note not a tcxo) and thick braid RG174 coax on the antenna base.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
This is an RTL-SDR software defined radio receiver with RTL2832U ADC chip and R820T2 tuner. Tunes from 24 MHz to 1.7 GHz with up to 3.2 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth. Perfect for use as a computer based radio scanner with free software like SDR#, HDSDR, SDR-Radio, Linrad, GQRX or SDR Touch on Android. Works on Windows, MacOS, Linux and even embedded Linux computers like the Raspberry Pi.
Great for many applications including general radio scanning, air traffic control, public safety radio, ADS-B aircraft radar, AIS boat radar, ACARS, trunked radio, P25/MotoTRBO digital voice, POCSAG, weather balloons, APRS, NOAA APT weather satellites, Meteor M2 satellites, radio astronomy, meteor scatter monitoring, DAB, or for use as a low cost panadapter with a traditional ham radio.
Includes two telescopic antennas. The shorter 9.5 cm to 31.5 cm antenna is perfect for ADS-B when collapsed and great for operation down to around 230 MHz when extended. The larger 20 cm to 1.5 m antenna is perfect for those frequencies between 230 MHz down to 50 MHz where longer antennas are required. You may improve reception and stability of the larger antenna by placing the magnetic base onto a metal plate such as a cookie tin or can lid. For custom antennas please note that this dongle uses a MCX connector.
This model uses the R820T2 tuner instead of the R820T used in other brands. The R820T2 has slightly better sensitivity and also performs much better with experimental drivers that enable HF reception. This model also uses improved component tolerances and a SMD crystal oscillator which results in lower PPM offset and less drift.
Requires a USB 2.0 Port and works on most USB 3.0 ports (note that we cannot guarantee it to work on all USB 3.0 ports, please ensure your PC has a USB 2.0 port just in case). Installation on Windows is simple. Please Google for the free online RTL-SDR Quickstart Guide for installation instructions.
Top Customer Reviews
But for a good look at the possibilities of SDR, and a device that's capable of real work, this is a hell of a deal.
For support on using this dongle, I highly suggest you check out RTL-SDR.com, or reddit.com/r/RTLSDR
Luckily, I also ordered a NooElec dongle at the same time so I could experiment with the different chipsets. That one, on the other hand, works great.
No complaints about the actual receiver so far.
UPDATE: seller contacted and offered either a refund or a replacement. Waiting for replacement to arrive.