4 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
RTL-SDR Blog R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio with 2x Telescopic Antennas
- Low Return Rate: 69% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "sdr"
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes 1x RTL-SDR Blog brand R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO HF Bias Tee SMA Dongle (V3), 1x portable multipurpose dipole antenna set. Dipole set includes 1x dipole base with 60cm RG174, 2x 23cm to 1m telescopic antenna, 2x 5cm to 13cm telescopic antenna, 1x 3m RG173 extension cable, 1x flex tripod mount, 1x suction cup mount.
- Great for many applications including general radio scanning, air traffic control, public safety radio, ADSB, AIS, ACARS, trunked radio, P25 digital voice, POCSAG, weather balloons, APRS, NOAA APT weather satellites, radio astronomy, meteor scatter monitoring, DAB, or for use as a low cost panadapter with a traditional ham radio.
- Several improvements over generic brands including use of the R820T2 tuner, improved component tolerances, a 1 PPM temperature compensated oscillator (TCXO), SMA F connector, aluminium shielded case with thermal pad for passive cooling, activatable bias tee circuit and a much improved antenna set.
- Can tune from 500 kHz to 1.8 GHz and has up to 3.2 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth (2.4 MHz stable). (HF reception below 24 MHz in direct sampling mode).
- The multipurpose portable dipole kit is great for beginners! Use it either for terrestrial or satellite reception just by changing the orientation of the antenna. The mounts and extension cable allow you to temporarily place the antenna outside for improved reception.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Quickstart Guide: rtl-sdr.com/QSG
V3 Features Guide: rtl-sdr.com/V3
Antenna Guide: rtl-sdr.com/DIPOLE
This is an RTL-SDR software defined radio receiver with RTL2832U ADC chip, R820T2 tuner, 1PPM TCXO, SMA F connector and aluminium case with passive cooling. Tunes from 500 kHz to 1.8 GHz with up to 3.2 MHz (2.4 MHz stable) of instantaneous bandwidth. (HF works in direct sampling mode). Perfect for use as a computer based radio scanner with free software like SDR#, HDSDR, SDR-Radio, GQRX or SDR Touch on Android. Works on Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android and single board computers like the Raspberry Pi.
Great for many applications including general radio scanning, air traffic control, public safety, ADS-B aircraft radar, marine AIS, ACARS, trunked radio, P25/MotoTRBO digital voice, POCSAG, weather balloons, APRS, NOAA APT/Meteor M2 weather satellites, radio astronomy, DAB, or as a low cost panadapter with a standard ham radio.
As of Sept 28 now comes with a dipole antenna kit which is perfect for beginners. The short antennas are great for ADS-B, and the longer antennas work well at lower frequencies. When used in a v-dipole configuration the antenna works well for 137 MHz weather satellites and the ISS. Use in a vertical configuration for terrestrial signals. The two mounts and 3m of RG174 cable allow you to easily mount the antenna outdoors.
This model has several improvements over other models. It uses the improved R820T2 tuner, a 1PPM TCXO, has better components, a redesigned PCB, cooling improvements, extra ESD protection and an SMA F connector. It also has a software activatable bias-tee for powering devices such as LNA's and active antennas. Full info available on the improvements available here goo.gl/JTNPrb
Requires USB 2.0 or newer. Quickstart Guide: rtl-sdr.com/QSG, V3 features guide: rtl-sdr/v3, dipole antenna guide: rtl-sdr.com/dipole. Please feel free to contact us for support.
Legal DisclaimerThe customer is responsible for the legal use of the device.
Seller Warranty DescriptionSix months warranty against manufacturing defects. If the product is faulty please either make a return via Amazon or contact us on Amazon with information about the fault and we will issue a refund or replacement. If you choose to contact us and give us details about the fault we may issue a replacement without the need for any returns.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As for the freq correction (ppm) both my units are ZERO and centered on the freq. I'm really satisfied with this purchase and I would highly recommend getting a pair of these for trunking.
edit I've added some photos, glue glob that made the metal dish to be recessed, and a pic after I reset it. On this antenna base I didn't re glue the magnet as the metal dish makes contact. This isn't a real big deal, any antenna base you get with these dongles are pretty much the same, just slapped together overseas. To get the performance out of them, spend a few minutes to make adjustments, scrap the sticker, metal to metal is the way to go!
For those wondering about HF reception--I can confirm that when using the Q-channel direct sampling setting, this will tune down to 500 kHz as advertised. I have successfully received AM broadcast and shortwave broadcast on the 49m, 31m and 25m bands. I haven't had as much luck with the ham bands, but that's mainly due to the fact that the included antenna is mostly inadequate for that. Given that I can receive AM and SW bands, I don't see why it wouldn't also work on the ham bands with a proper antenna arrangement.
VHF/UHF works great. Weather, public safety, FM broadcast are effortless with the included antennas. I've even had limited success decoding P25 Phase 1 using DSD+ software with virtual audio device software.
There's tons of Windows software available to use this module, and it is straightforward to get running using the quick start guide at rtl-sdr.com. Unfortunately, I wanted to use my Mac. There are a few Mac applications, but they are not as full-featured as the Windows applications. However, I can also confirm that it is possible to get the module to work on a Mac with the HDSDR and SDR# Windows apps (these tend to be the most popular) when you use Wine and install the correct drivers (thanks to Homebrew). This process is not for the novice, but if you know macOS, Wine and Homebrew, you should be able to figure it out. Let's just say I learned a lot in the process.
Bottom line, if you even have the slightest interest in trying out SDR, you would be doing yourself a disservice to pass up a piece of hardware this cheap. It works, no question about it.
UPDATE: I strung up a random wire antenna in the backyard and can now report a great deal of success receiving HF amateur activity down to the 160m band. With the right software, I can decode CW, SSB and a multitude of digital modes. Using DSD+ software, I'm decoding Project 25 and DMR on the UHF public safety bands, too. I still can't believe this is all possible with a $20 dongle!