Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
RUFFWEAR - Swamp Cooler Evaporative Dog Cooling Vest, Compatible with Harnesses
|Item Weight||0.6 Pounds|
About this item
- COOLING VEST: A vest that provides sun protection and evaporative cooling, keeping your dog cool; Perfect for hot summer activities like hiking, walking and camping
- THREE LAYER COOLING: Outer layer reflects heat and facilitates evaporation; Middle layer absorbs and stores water; Mesh lining keeps your dog dry and comfortable
- MAXIMUM SHADE: Vest style provides good coverage and UPF 50+ protection; Side-release buckles make it a breeze to put on and take off
- HARNESS-COMPATIBLE: Integrated leash portal when the Swamp Cooler is worn over a harness; Compatible with most dog harnesses, including our Front Range, Hi & Light and Web Master
- REFLECTIVE TRIM: Low-light visibility for additional safety; Integrated light loop for attaching The Beacon light (sold separately)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Cooling Vest for Dogs
Swamp Cooler Jacket
The Ruffwear Swamp Cooler provides protection from the sun and cooling through evaporation. In warm climates, dogs typically stay cool by seeking shade during the heat of the day and moving around in cooler temperatures. The Swamp Cooler allows dogs to perform in hot climates. To activate the Swamp Cooler, soak in water, wring out and place on your dog. The light-coloured fabric reflects solar radiation, while evaporative cooling pulls heat from the dog. The integrated leash portal allows leash attachment when the Swamp Cooler is worn over our Front Range or Web Master Harnesses.
Ruffwear's mission is to build dog gear to enhance and inspire exploration for outdoor adventurers and their human companions. Because we're inspired by our outdoor pursuits– backpacking, skiing, river running, mountain biking – it's natural for us to utilise fabrics, hardware, materials and construction processes that have been proven in the environment we live for and play in.
Our dogs put our products through their paces, providing valuable feedback that motivates and drives Ruffwear's continuous product development. Combine a dog's appetite for exploration with the right equipment and you'll be prepared for yet another grand adventure.
At a Glance:
- Keeping dogs cool and comfortable in hot weather thanks to water activated cooling system
- Effective wicking, absorption and cooling thanks to 3 layers
- Full range of motion thanks to full coverage with no sleeves
- Lead portal can be worn over Front Range or Web Master Harness
- High visibility thanks to reflective trim
- Loop for attaching The Beacon
- Easy on/off thanks to 2 side clip fastenings
Keeping Your Dog Cool
The Swamp Cooler jacket keeps your dog cool and comfortable in hot weather conditions thanks to its water-activated system. The jacket is perfect for hiking and everyday use in the summer. Simply add cold water and wring out, the three-layer construction ensures effective wicking, absorption and cooling for your dog.
Keeping Your Dog Cool
Comfortable and High Visibility
Easy to Put On
Measure Your Dog for the Right Fit
|Swamp Cooler Vest||Jet Stream||Aira||Float Coat||Cloud Chaser Jacket||Fernie|
|Description||Cooling vest for dogs, For cool comfort in hot weather||Lightweight cooling vest for dogs, For cool comfort in hot weather||Waterproof rain jacket for dogs, For hiking or everyday use||Dog life jacket for water safety||Waterproof dog jacket with fleece lining, For cold and wet weather||Breathable and windproof knit fleece dog jacket, For cold, clear weather|
The Ruffwear Swamp Cooler provides protection from the sun and cooling through evaporation. In warm climates, dogs typically stay cool by seeking shade during the heat of the day and moving around in cooler temperatures. The Swamp Cooler allows dogs to perform in hot climates. To activate the Swamp Cooler, soak in water, wring out and place on your dog. The light-coloured fabric reflects solar radiation, while evaporative cooling pulls heat from the dog. The integrated leash portal allows leash attachment when the Swamp Cooler is worn over our Front Range or Web Master Harnesses. The Swamp Cooler is available in 6 sizes. Select the correct size based on your dog's girth (measurement around the widest part of the rib cage). XX-Small: 33-43 cm (13-17 in); X-Small: 43-56 cm (17-22 in); Small: 56-69 cm (22-27 in); Medium: 69-81 cm (27-32 in); Large: 81-91 cm (32-36 in); X-Large: 91-107 cm (36-42 in). For in between sizes, choose the larger coat for more coverage. Washing instructions: Secure fasteners, machine wash in cold water with mild detergent on gentle cycle and air dry.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 12.2 x 15.75 x 0.19 inches; 9.6 Ounces
- Item model number : 5402
- Date First Available : January 12, 2017
- Manufacturer : Ruffwear
- ASIN : B01MZ9B6Q2
- Customer Reviews:
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using the product.
Compare with similar items
SGODA Dog Cooling Vest Harness Cooler Jacket
FrontPet Dog Cooling Vest with Adjustable Side Straps and Highly Visible Reflective Padding, Fits Most Medium and Large Breed Dogs
Hurtta Cooling Dog Vest
juxzh Truelove Dog Cooling Vest Dog Harness Cooler Jacket with Adjustable Zipper for Outdoor Hunting Training and Camping
DOGZSTUFF Dog Cooling Vest. Lightweight Jacket with Evaporative Cool Microfiber Technology, UV Protection Shirt, Sizing for Small, Medium and Large Dogs
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details|
|Sold By||NetRush||SGODA||MarketFleet Inc.||Amazon.com||Juxzh||Integriness|
|Color||Graphite Gray||grey with green||Blue||Blue||Green||Dark Blue|
|Size||X-Small||Medium Chest 20.5-24"||Medium||Medium||S||XS|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It works-- my dog's skin feels much cooler when I put my hand under the vest.
2. I really like that the material reflects the sun.
3. It works with a harness, too. I have recently started using a harness (Coastal Pets Walk Right Control which is very compact and adds no padding under the vest) and was pleased to see there are two openings for leashes, one at the neck (you can see the tab in the image) and the other a little more than halfway back or so. The vest was great with the harness.
4. It is very attractive and quite the conversation starter. People wondered why I had a coat on my dog and I explained that it was actually a cooling vest. A few people even came over and felt under the vest to her cool skin. They were impressed!
The reason I don't love this:
1. The instructions say it works best when it has good contact with the dog. But, the only way to fit it to the dog is a belly strap. I noticed the at the chest piece was loose. I wish the chest pieces were adjustable so they would fit more snugly.
2. Because I use a harness, the vest fits far back on my dog, leaving her neck exposed. She had very bad mange when she was rescued and the fur is quite thin on the back of her neck. I was hoping to get something that would cover her a little higher. I think if I used the collar opening, it might be little higher but not much. What I would LOVE is for the design to have a collar (like a shirt collar, not a dog collar) so that it covered more of the dog's neck. (Actually what I want is a kepi for my dog. She has too much exposed skin.)
3. Even more so, I wish there was an inside pocket in the chest area so I could insert something like a TheraPearl ice pack or Kool Tubes. I try to walk my dog early but it was already 79 degrees at 8:00 a.m. and the humidity is absolutely brutal. Ruffwear makes inserts that can be used with some of their vests, but I think a reinforced pocket inside the vest would be so much better.
All things considered, I'm happy with the product and will keep using it. I can feel a difference on her skin. I just think it needs a few improvements.
Others have mentioned that it snags easily. All I do with my dog is walk her. She is heartworm positive (we begin treatment soon) so she's not running around like a crazy fool dog. Once we have done the treatment, I think what I will do is take her to the dog park, let her play, then put the vest on her. I don't think I would try to hike with this vest or let her play with other dogs.
Top reviews from other countries
The vest worked well, but during some really hot days, we ended-up buying bottles of water or finding shops or pubs for a large glass of water to the keep the vest wet. Other dogs were panting heavily, meanwhile our dog was cool and happy. Putting a hand under the vest, her fur was cool without being wet or damp, so highly recommended. The downside, it is very expensive for what it is.
One other point, we wanted a vest that was also light in colour to help reflect the sun's heat which added to us choosing this vest.
Videos I have tried other brands of cool coats and they just don’t do the same job as this. Many black friends in attaching one side which means that they gradually slip over And end up being lopsided. The raffle one does that both sides and end up being lopsided. The raffle one does that both sides With quick release clips that are hidden under flap so they do not rub. Active dogs can run with this through allsorts the train and it won’t become entangled or dislodged. When it dries out it is very easy to top up – are usually squeezy bottle of water into the fabric and it dissipates all round.
I would highly recommend this brand-function, style, and durability.