|Brand||Russell by Edelbrock|
|Item Weight||1.06 ounces|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Item model number||639570|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||639570|
|OEM Part Number||RUS-639570|
|Cover Included||Edelbrock 639570 Speed Bleeder 7Mm X 1.0|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Edelbrock SPEED BLEEDER 7MM X 1.0
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Edelbrock's R&D staff is not only well qualified at their respective positions, but they're also automotive enthusiasts who do more than work in the automotive aftermarket - they live it - and it's at that point where understanding the inner workings of a supercharger, or an engine, EFI system becomes second nature.
- Whether they're manifolds, superchargers, fuel injection systems, cylinder heads, nitrous systems, or carburetors, you can rest assured that the final product was directly influenced by the passion for performance that is an integral part of our Edelbrock team.
- Every product we design and sell at Edelbrock is tested and approved by Edelbrock engineers in a real world environment on state-of-the-art equipment.
- In a day and age where we are seeing more products sent overseas to be manufactured, Edelbrock sees value in the quality control of American manufacturing by American workers and we are proud of our casting and manufacturing facilities.
- Edelbrock facilities have earned the world recognized ISO 9001: 2008 registration for quality.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Edelbrock/Russell Speed Bleeder replaces the original bleeder valves in calipers and wheel cylinders with a spring-loaded one-way ball and check valve design. This unique check ball design opens to allow the old fluid and air out and closes automatically between the pumps preventing the old fluid and air from re-entering the line. A special coating on the speed bleeder threads keep it from admitting air into the system and keeps expelled air and fluid out. The check ball is centerless ground 410 stainless steel which resists corrosion and galling. It features a patented thread sealing system that displaces air and moisture during thread engagement as well as eliminates air from being pulled back into the system during bleeding.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These are junk, they're brittle, and if you get lucky (or unlucky) they might even trash your perfectly fine brake caliper. I would suggest just buying a hand pump and bleed your brakes that way. These are a liability.
I removed the old (new) bleeder screw, mineral oil clutch fluid squirted out, I quickly installed the Edlebrook Speed Bleeder screwed, screwing it down as far as it could possibly go, connected the drain hose and within a minute had full, hard, pedal pressure. What had taken me many hours, with little success, had taken me less than two minutes with this Bleeder Screw.
I'm not sure what keeps the air from leaking in via the threads when you loosen them and let up on the pedal (I suspect a tiny bit of air gets in) but they do seem to work great. Just remember to get a hose so you can drain the fluid into a pan or bottle.
One thing... I wish the manufacturers of these (there are a few) would somehow mark these as speed bleeders so I don't accidentally send them back with the cores when I install new calipers. They look identical to regular bleeder, so they need to be lime green or some known identifier to remind you (and mechanics) to reinstall them onto your next calipers.
I give them 4 stars for performance, but they need to be easily identifyable to be 5 stars
By Bj E. on November 18, 2020