|Item Weight||12.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 8.5 x 10.8 inches|
|Item model number||258240|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
RUST-OLEUM 258240 Dark Tint Base Cabinet Transformations Kit, Small
|Price:||$74.48 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The product is dk tint sm cabinet kit
- Elegant and smooth finish
- The product is manufactured in United states
- Dark Tint Base Small Cabinet Transformations Kit
- Requires no stripping, sanding or priming
- Tint-able to 11 colors
- Covers up to 100 square feet
- Perfect Do It Yourself coating system that creates a premium cabinet finish
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
First the pros:
1. The kit comes with a generous amount of supplies. I did my lower kitchen cabinets, my powder room vanity, and my master bathroom double vanity (about 35 linear feet including 16 drawer fronts and 12 cabinet fronts) and I haven't finished half of the stuff included in the kit. Luckily the base coat, the glaze coat and the top coat come in 2 cans each! Having the cheesecloth and the scrubbers and the paint stirrers are thoughtful and convenient, too.
2. The directions included in the kit were detailed and easy to read. The included DVD was reassuring but really unnecessary except for a rank beginner. Also, the online demo at rustoleum.com, of dry-brush technique, came in handy when I realized dragging off the glaze was a real drag (haha, more about that in the cons).
3. The product seems really good, adhering well, accommodating amateur mistakes, and with a low odor.
4. Looks great! Smooth finish and true color.
Now for the cons:
For Dark cabinets, several things just didn't seem worth the high price tag.
1. The 3rd glaze step is totally unnecessary for the dark cabinet colors. The cabinets just look a slightly darker solid color than the unglazed color. Go ahead and chose the base color you want to end up with. The glaze is barely distinguishable from the base color, though it does make it look a shade darker. If you do like the very very subtle color shading with a glaze, then go ahead and use the dry-brush technique demonstrated on rustoleum.Read more ›
1. After painting or using top coat, hover over for at least a minute to watch for drips. Fortunately the paint is very thick, so there are few drips if you use light coats but drips can also be slow to form. Just smooth drips with a dry brush.
2. Use 2 damp paint brushes when putting on the top coat. One damp brush to apply and the second to smooth out drips or build up. This gave me extra time to get it on properly. With more experience I was able to get a really good coat on before it dried. I would rinse the brushes out between doing new sections.
3. This is huge.... Put some money into your paint brushes!!!! I bought the best quality I could find and I could really tell that made a difference.
4. Follow the directions!!!! I did a lot of research before buying this kit and the most dissatisfied people were those that were trying to do something that was contrary to the directions.
5. Take your time and have fun! This kit is like cabinet refacing for dummies...there is almost no way to mess it up.
I keep looking around the house to see what else I can transform........
~ Read about it and watch the video... it will save you time... it has to be done *exactly* according to the instructions, especially the drying time between steps. I even read blogs about it which helped.
~ The final step of protective coating is *tricky*... spread light and paint twice and it will come out nice.
~ The color was not quite what I expected once it was painted and in my kitchen... there needs to be color chips to take home
~ The whole project is more labor intensive than I was lead to believe by the "easy" to apply instructions. It simply took time, but it was not hard.
Overall, I am pleased! My chairs and end table look beautiful =)
[The review below w/ "CHIPS" is for the countertop product and *not* the cabinet product]
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Horrible! The box has mouse turds everywhere! Labels were chewed up, I was not made aware that this product had to have color added at a store? Horrible experience. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Mark m.
rust-oleum has always been a good product and this was no different, it made my cabinets look like new ones.Published 5 months ago by Steve G.
We wanted to add some modernism to our kitchen and this worked great. It seemed too good to be true, being how affordable this is compared to building/buying new cabinets. Read morePublished on July 1, 2014 by Jason Kurowski
Don't get fooled: it is very labor intense!
I still had to sand because paint was not catching. Read more
This is a great product. The instructional DVD is incredibly helpful. If you watch it and follow the directions precisely, you will find it will work very well. Read morePublished on January 4, 2014 by DancinJanssen
I'll try to come back and update this at some point because I think longevity should be a key reviewing point on something like this. Read morePublished on September 7, 2013 by Kindle Customer