Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier -..." and save 9% off the $499.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3 Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier - Stylish, Efficient and Energy Star (SPA-700A, White, Odor Remover)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Amazon A-to-Z Purchase Protection & Rabbit Air No-Hassle Return Policy with Super Fast Shipping
- BioGS® HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
- 5 Year Warranty with Free Shipping and 24/7 Customer Support
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
MinusA2 HEPA Air Purifier
Create the perfect air purifier for your home.
Your Home, Your Air
At Rabbit Air, we believe that you shouldn't have to sacrifice style for comfort. Choose our Artists Series featuring images by Claude Monet, Vincent Van Gogh, Katsushika Hokusai, and original designs by Rabbit Air's creative team or lighten up your home with our Peanuts or Hello Kitty Special Edition air purifiers.
Tailor the MinusA2 air purifier to fit your personal needs
Germ Defense Filter
Effectively traps and reduces airborne bacteria, mold spores and particles that carry viruses
Pet Allergy Filter
Traps and reduces pet dander and pet allergens
Toxin Absorber Filter
Traps and reduces volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other chemicals
Odor Remover Filter
Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew
Advanced HEPA Filtration
Typical HEPA air purifiers trap allergens and contaminants, which accumulate on the filter and interfere with efficiency. The BioGS HEPA filter traps and reduces common allergens* to support optimum filter efficiency and prolong filter life.
BioGS HEPA Filter vs. typical True HEPA Filter
Typical True HEPA filter:
- Traps allergen and particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency
BioGS HEPA Filter:
- Traps allergen and particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency
- Reduces buildup of common allergens including dust mites, mold, pollen and pet dander* trapped on the filter
- Reduces the growth of bacteria and viruses on the filter**
- Prolongs optimal filter efficiency
*Test samples: mite allergen (Der f2), cedar pollen allergen (Cry j1), 4 types of mixed spores (Aspergillus niger, Penicillium citrinum, Chaetomium globosum, Myrothecium verrucaria), Cat allergen (fel d1)
**Test samples: type A influenza virus(H1N1), Escherichia Coli, Staphyllococcus aureus
Stage 1 - Pre-filter (washable and permanent)
Traps and reduces large sized allergens, dust, and particles.
Stage 2 - Medium Filter
Traps and reduces airborne particles larger than 1 micron in size, such as pollen, mold, and pet dander.
Stage 3 - BioGS HEPA Filter
Traps allergen and particles 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency, and reduces common allergens to support optimum filter efficiency and prolong filter life.
Stage 4 - Customized Filter
Choose from a variety of customized filters including Germ Defense, Pet Allergy, Odor Remover, or Toxin Absorber.
Stage 5 - Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter
Made of high-grade granular activated carbon, our AC filter is much more effective than typical AC filters, which are coated with a thin layer of activated carbon. Chemicals and common household odors can be effectively reduced.
Stage 6 - Negative Ion Generator
Produces beneficial negative ions to fortify the air you breathe and freshen your indoor environment.
Adaptable - The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
Smart - A light sensor will automatically transition the unit to sleep mode when the MinusA2 is in a dark room, and resumes a more active mode when light levels increase.
Thorough - The MinusA2 SPA-780A/N air purifier can filter the air in a 815 sq. ft. room twice an hour on the highest setting with a CADR of 200 Pollen, 193 Dust, 180 Smoke (or 700 sq. ft. with CADR of 171 Pollen, 173 Dust, 166 Smoke for SPA-700A)
Ultra quiet - Cutting edge BLDC Motor operates at five speeds with noise level ranging from 20.8 to 45.6 dBA for SPA-700A (25.6 to 51.3 dBA for the SPA-780A/N)
Economical - With filters lasting up to two years with 12 hour daily operation, and our Energy Star rated motor.
What's in the Box
- MinusA2 Air Purifier
- Remote Control
- Filter Case
- User's Manual
- Medium Filter
- BioGS HEPA Filter
- Customized Filter
- Activated Carbon Filter
- Wall Mount Kit
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But if you're allergic to something carried on tiny (~ 2 micron) particles, such as cat dander or grass pollen, then by all means consider getting an air filter.
My household owns 2 Rabbit Minus A2's. That's the bottom line, but here's the long explanation:
1) I ask my patients who need a filter, 'what is your budget'? If it's $200, get a Honeywell. They're inexpensive and work well. If it's $500, get a Rabbit (details below). If it's $1,000, consider getting an IQ air, Blue-Air, or Austin. If cost is no object, do what we did with our previous home. I bought 3 hospital grade IQ Airs and put 1 of them inline with each HVAC unit in the house (I know, I know, 3 HVAC's must mean a big house, buy hey, I'm a doctor in practice for 25 years, and besides, the financial guy down the street has a house twice as big). We spent about $12,000 on that upgrade. All so we could have our cake and eat it too (not get rid of the cats). Or is it EAT our cake and have it too? The super-fancy filters lowered the airborne allergens to next-to-nothing, but if my daughter still slept with the cat...
2) Why do we own 2 Rabbits? I really like the idea that Rabbits have 4 separate filters, and you can customize the 4th filter (germ, pet, toxin or odor remover).
3) I am totally inept when it comes to mechanical aptitude, but I am able to order the $85 filter pack once a year and make our Rabbit as good as new. All you have to do is unwrap each filter and keep them in the same order.
4) We have one of them in our bedroom and one in the allergic kid's bedroom.
---Other hints about getting any filter
-High speed equals better filtration, but the 'turbo' speed on Rabbits is pretty loud. Maybe run it on high speed when you're NOT in the room (especially if the cat goes in the room---Whiskers doesn't mind the noise--trust me on that one), and turn it down to low speed when you're in the room.
-Priority #1 is to put one of these in your bedroom--that's where you spend (hopefully) 8 hours a day while you're asleep.
-Don't skimp on replacing those filters each year. A clogged up filter is worthless, at best, and aerosolizing last year's allergens, at worst.
-Clean the pre-filter every month or two.
Hope that helps.
Assembly was a breeze and the entire unit feels incredibly well built and well designed. The filter assembly is a lovely masterpiece of sequential filters, one of which is supposed to remove mold spores and germs. The air is not noticeably bad in there (my home office is 10' away). However, when I plugged the unit in, the air quality indicate glowed red and it went into full-tilt mode. I was a bit panicked thinking, oh no, this thing is loud. However, after about an hour, that red light had turned to red/blue and then to blue. The unit is now WHISPER quiet and he has already stopped coughing occasionally as he used to. Psychosomatic, maybe. But it worked and I don't think so. This thing seems to actually be doing what it was designed to do.
I am an engineering nerd and designer. This is a fantastic piece of equipment. It is not cheap, but it is great product. I am very pleased with this purchase so far. Will update as time progresses. When I opened my closet door (always a bit dusty in there) the unit jumped to life again and cleared the air after 10m of doing its job. Was very impressed with how sensitive this is. It's kind of awesome.
Only thing I would lose is that weird blue bar across the middle.
Bought a Hunter 8 years ago, and it's still going, (that is in the bedroom). Then I bought a Holmes from the bulls-eye store. It stopped working within a 16 months.
Looked at Rabbit Air, thought about it a long time...research, hmm.... then I said what the heck I'll try it.
I have 3 parrots ranging from small to large, 3 medium sized dogs and 2 cats oh, and lets not forget our pet squirrel.
Our house is only 1500+ (a little) square ft. I have the Hunter in the main bedroom and the Rabbit is in the main part of the house where the animals all hang with their human counter parts.
I set it all up and plugged it in. Was a little worried that the indicator was red. I quickly read through the manual again and it started to turn purple then finally blue.
First night, wake up in the morning and can breath, nose not stuffy. Huh? wow, this thing really rocks. Every morning wake up without a stuffed up nose. Love the fact that when it detects something in the air it quickly ramps up and zaps it out.
Dust has been at a minimum. Love that part and the dog poofs, don't make us run for the gas masks. That totally rocks, did I mention 3 medium sized dogs?
I am convinced that this is genius. Saving my pennies for one more to do the entire house.Thanks Rabbit!!!
Most recent customer reviews
High price, yet, high quality. This unit exceeded my asthma relief expectations.Read more