Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 22, 2012
Then why the five stars you ask? Because of the redemptive value of the story. The Gospel is clearly given and the power of God to change the hearts of those who have the Holy Spirit is not shied away from. This is what Christian fiction is all about. Although a bit overly contrived (story was built around the message instead of the message being built into the story) for my liking, the message was still very good.

But now for the bad news. The story is convoluted, the dialogue is borderline horrible and the author has no idea how men talk or think. This book is a textbook example why I rarely read books written by women. Now don't get me wrong, I like women, especially the cute ones, a lot. My wife is a women (one of the cute ones) and so is my mother and sisters. I even like the way they think but not when it comes to writing books that I read. For some odd reason they write men's roles the same way they write women. "Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider" is a textbook example of this. Now don't go getting all offended on me - many of you who are women (especially those who read Christian novels) read mainly women authors. I have no problem with this and in fact I even applaud it. We all tend to read those who think like we do. That's what freedom is all about.

Beth Rider's character was unbelievable. It is perfectly fine for Christians to be afraid when in a horribly dangerous situation. We may have our hope in Christ but that doesn't mean we take torture and/or rape lightly. Beth was borderlining inhuman.

Now for my closing comment. I did not read the second book in this two volume Kindle set so I have no comment on that. The first book is overwhelmingly loved by those who have read it so please do not not read it because of my opinion but if you are a man be warned.

Not recommended.

1 Star = Pathetic
2 Stars = Fair
3 Stars = Good
4 Stars = Excellent
5 Stars = Life changing

For those who give me a negative vote on my review please comment and let me know why. I'd like to improve my reviews so they can be helpful to those who read them. Please understand I choose not to give a synopsis of the book because it's already given at the top of the home page. I find in doing so too many reviewers give away too much of the plot. Thank you.
on February 24, 2014
I like the book but would have loved it if the details about the characters could have been brought out first. Seemed rushed.
on October 8, 2012
I love Ellen's books, her characters are captivating, her stories are a new twist to the vampire genre. You must read this book. Once you do you too, will be Voracious for more of Ellen's writing.
on June 12, 2012
This authors wonderful skill places you squarely inside the novel. Absorbing, scary, touching. A must read for all. I am hooked!