- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: NYU Press (July 26, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1479819255
- ISBN-13: 978-1479819256
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#523,061 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #709 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Specific Demographics > Minority Studies
- #872 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States > Executive Branch
- #918 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > General
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Race Whisperer: Barack Obama and the Political Uses of Race Paperback – July 26, 2016
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“With The Race Whisperer Melanye Price has helped decode one of the most enigmatic and complex dynamics of the Obama Presidency.”-W. Jelani Cobb,author of The Substance of Hope: Barack Obama and the Paradox of Progress
“Price has written a wonderfully rich treatment of President Barack Obama’s rhetoric and his usages of race. It is a highly critical, yet restrained analysis of his presidency. This book invites readers to think closely about how politicians, especially African American politicians, use race in American national politics. More importantly, it serves as guidebook for African American voters and how they might assess the use of race in political rhetoric and discourse.”-Randal Maurice Jelks,author of Benjamin Elijah Mays, Schoolmaster of the Movement: A Biography
About the Author
Melanye T. Price is Associate Professor of Africana Studies and Political Science at Rutgers—New Brunswick.She is the author of The Race Whisperer: Barack Obama and the Political Uses of Race and Dreaming Blackness: Black Nationalism and African American Public Opinion.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?