Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 26, 2016
I love using this kitchen bench shovel while cooking. It has a very flat and smooth edge, catching all sorts of foods from my chopping board as I scoop them up! Even fine foods like chopped herbs will scoop up nicely in here. It's not like a dust pan where 85% of the dirt gets into the dustpan, and the remainder gets swept underneath it for you to go chase it down again. Nope! This catches it all!

The handle is very easy to hold onto, and it is comfortable to hold. The sides have ledges to help hold food as you scoop them up instead of them falling off the sides like some shovels can.

I hand wash this item, as well as wash it in the dishwasher and this has held up very nicely. The coloring has not changes, it has not been damaged, either.

I also use this to cut dough in half! It works nicely for that (see photo). The dough that I used to cut did not stick to the shovel, either!!

This is an item that I would recommend others to have in their kitchen. I would consider giving this as a gift, too!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
Every now and then I run across a simple little tool that I knew about but never owned. I always used the side of my chefs knife to transfer chopped, diced or minced food to the pan or bowl. I thought that a scoop or shovel was not necessary and was better suited for amateurs. Then I was cooking at a friend's house and saw him using this exact tool. I was shocked to see how quickly he picked up every bit of the chopped rosemary that was on his cutting board. As soon as I got home I purchased Rachael Ray's Bench Scrape/Shovel and I am glad that I did.

I am always surprised by just how much food fits in this thing. In addition to using it as I shovel, I also use it to clean my cutting board, especially when I have been rolling dough on it. I also can divide dough with the knife edge of the scrape. I like it so much I will be using it as a hostess gift when I am invited to someone's house. It would also be an appropriate gift for a young cook. Great product!
33 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 10, 2015
I love this thing and use it almost daily! I even got my mom one for Christmas (ok...santa put it in her stocking) and she uses her's all the time as well! So much easier than trying to use the knife to scoop with and losing half the stuff on the floor!

ETA: It's really held up after over a year of being used darned near DAILY. It is super durable and well made, I've washed it by hand and tossed it in the dishwasher. Unlike when I would use my hands or my chef's knife, this thing has enough room on it and the ability to truly scrape the cutting board that nothing gets left behind. Not more leaving trails of chopped onions from the cutting board to the skillet, no more making multiple scoops with my hands to get it all...unless I am cutting up a massive amount of food, I can usually get it in one scoop! The beveled edge is really handy for scraping food up, but I have never used it to cut things like others. I find that about as effective as using a butter knife. I suppose it would be fine for softer things like butter, bananas, etc...but I'll stick to my knife for everything else! Besides, the knife works great to push the food onto my scraper!
on August 2, 2016
This is one of my favorite pieces of kitchen gear and up until I got this a couple of years ago I had no idea just how useful ones of these bench shovels would be. I keep it in a place on honor behind my rather large Boos cutting board which is way too large to pick up and move over to the stove and dump the freshly cut ingredients into the pan. The edge on the scrapper is perfect for moving things around a cutting board and the scoop holds a good amount (more than a chopped onion) and it makes cleaning up the board a breeze. The handle is also super comfortable and I should almost order another one so that I always have on clean.

The only negative to this scraper is that Rachael Ray got some of my money :)
on October 25, 2017
Bought two of these , one as a gift, and like the ease of use and how it cleans up so far. Helps pick up chopped and dives food and makes prep work easier. I like options of colors. No problems or complaints so far after several months of using. Good value on Amazon vs store bought I wished I would’ve bought two now to use as scoops for larger piles of preppped food .🤙🤙
on April 28, 2016
I love the Rachael Ray bench scrape. It works amazingly. It is good quality and works great for scraping anything off the counter. The blade is even and leaves no skips when scraping up something such as flour. The handle also makes it very easy to hold and work.
on March 3, 2014
After finally sharpening up my kitchen knives I have been paranoid of cutting myself using my usual technique of transferring things to a pot or bowl using the side of a knifeblade. This was a pretty good deal at 6 dollars, so I figured I would give it a shot. It really works well. I love that it has the side walls, so items don't fall off the side if I am rushing. My only reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is the grip is a ridged hard plastic. Either a smooth or a softer neoprene grip would be a bit more comfortable.
on November 20, 2016
One star short because the handle retains water after washing. I hand washed the shovel and left it to dry. The next day I went to use it and water was dripping out of the colored handle. Otherwise, Great price. Very functional.
on January 21, 2017
Works great - not much to complain about with this one. Construction is sturdy and the ribbed rubber handle is comfortable and the hands and provides secure grip. The colored handle also earns this one a style point as the color pop gives it a nice bit of flair that you otherwise wouldn't find on your standard kitchen bench scraper.
on October 9, 2017
Great design. The gussets on the sides of this scraper helps keep its shape flat unlike other scrapers which tend to bend.

It's 2018 and I have to retract my review. These scrapers do not last very long in a commercial kitchen. The plastic handle breaks easily rendering the scraper useless... if the entire handle was stainless and welded, then this scraper would be worth it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.