BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Enthusiast: Cookingon September 12, 2016
I actually like it a lot!
At first I didn't have anything to say or I didn't think anything needs to be said... It's a scraper. It's a food shovel. It's.. period. What else can you say?

After using it for a while I have to say, this scraper is a cut above. The plastic handle is soft and easy to grab a hold of. The stainless blade has not rusted and has withstood time and washing and abuse. The orange color was hideous but now a rather good color in the drawer allowing easy identification where the scraper is. Simply, no other things I have is in this hideous orange color. It has grown on me!

I was giving it a 4-star but now upgraded to 5-star. If I am to spend the money to buy a replacement scraper for some reason, I am 95% certain I will come back and buy this one again. Sure, there are a lot of great scrapers out there at the same or similar price range. Well, you can take my words for it that this one will not disappoint -- at least it has not disappointed me yet.
on September 14, 2010
This product is hard to find in stores so you can't really look at it before buying it, but I recommend you purchase it anyway. You're probably comparing this to a normal pastry scraper (which might be cheaper), but this is better for the following reasons:
1. More surface area, many pastry scrapers are like 4x6 inches, while this is roughly 6x6.
2. The rubber grip on the handle is pretty unique and definitely a big plus.
3. Some handles on pastry scrapers are round and won't lie flat on the bench.

It's an all-around solid, sturdy product.
on January 27, 2017
Great vegetable scoop. I have tried several before getting this one and I have to say this one worked the best. This particular one was a gift for a friend who likes purple. I also bought a blue one for another friend and have given several more as gifts. It's the perfect little gift for anyone who cooks or makes a lot of vegetable dishes. It's very well made and you won't be disappointed.
on November 3, 2016
This is the 2nd Rachael Ray Scraper I purchased. I've had one in orange for several years and because I use it every day I have to handwash after each use. Now buying the 2nd one in blue, after using I can just put in dishwasher knowing I have another one in drawer. I normally run dishwasher every other day so it works out perfect for me having 2 bench scrapers.
on March 4, 2017
I have wanted one of these forever and finally bought one. I really like Rachel Ray and so thought I would go with her product. I am very happy with the way it feels in my hand and the way it functions. I only wish I had bought one years ago. Great to scoop up chopped vegetables.
VINE VOICEon February 3, 2011
When my wife ordered this I laughed at her for buying something that she would never use. Last night I said I was sorry for doubting her need of the Shovel. My wife uses this just about dailyt to scoop things up from her cutting board. I have used it several times myself getting cookies off of a sheet and it works much better than I have expected. My wife has currently decided to replace her old cooking tools with the Rachel Ray products all in the blue and my first thought is yuck but the blue has grown on me and the kitchen now has a modern look. My only issue is that after several times in the dishwasher the metal has a weird smudge that will not come off. I have already bought Shovel for family members hoping I will get a batch of cookies out of the deal!
on August 2, 2016
This is one of my favorite pieces of kitchen gear and up until I got this a couple of years ago I had no idea just how useful ones of these bench shovels would be. I keep it in a place on honor behind my rather large Boos cutting board which is way too large to pick up and move over to the stove and dump the freshly cut ingredients into the pan. The edge on the scrapper is perfect for moving things around a cutting board and the scoop holds a good amount (more than a chopped onion) and it makes cleaning up the board a breeze. The handle is also super comfortable and I should almost order another one so that I always have on clean.

The only negative to this scraper is that Rachael Ray got some of my money :)
on June 29, 2017
Useful tool for scooping produce, mashing garlic cloves, cutting dough, etc. Arrived with plastic chipping off the handle which is why I deducted two stars. Didn't feel it warranted the trouble of exchanging for a new one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2015
Very heavy for someone with arthritic hands. Would not suggest it if you suffer from any kind of hand problem....
on November 20, 2016
One star short because the handle retains water after washing. I hand washed the shovel and left it to dry. The next day I went to use it and water was dripping out of the colored handle. Otherwise, Great price. Very functional.