- File Size: 1980 KB
- Print Length: 316 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Evil Girlfriend Media (February 9, 2016)
- Publication Date: February 9, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01BMHM6NS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#447,995 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #762 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural > Vampires
- #763 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal > Vampires
- #2157 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Lesbian Fiction
|Print List Price:||$16.95|
Save $13.96 (82%)
Rachel: A Dark, Bloody, Sexy Lesbian Vampire Thriller Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I'm a longtime reader of vampire novella and horror novels and the level of detail concerning blood and the smell of blood and being soaked in blood and the dripping of blood, etc. was really disturbing, after a while. The relationship that Rachel has with this woman is based on blood. Rachel is always covered in blood. She reeks of blood. She's dirty. Her clothes are soaked in blood. Why? NO CLUE. Author must like the mental image, because there's no plot reason for this lovingly detailed description of someone's lover sticking a finger in their ribcage and making them bleed all over the subway. Why? Uh...because, I guess.
Rachel runs away, because of the Japanese vampire head and Jacques' presence in Tokyo. She stumbles across a diseased town full of dying people with poisonous blood, so THAT'S not a way out. Back to Tokyo, to the mystifying vampire culture that even RACHEL doesn't understand. She ran a gang at one point, we're told. What happened to them? What happens to her? Oh, more blood. Squish, squish, squish.
I read the last quarter of this book grimly, because I was sure that at some point, I'd know what was going on. But it seems like a blood fetishist wrote a vampire novel and forgot to include the explanatory portions of the plot. It's just violence, blood, gore,death, betrayal - also a lot of puking, for a species that doesn't eat.
Honestly, this book was just gross. Worse than that, a waste of my time. I'm glad all these people apparently liked this "new" and "different" vampire story, but I found it confusing, disgusting, and finally just really annoying.
(Seriously, the amount of blood-soaked everything in this book is just ABSURD - beds, clothes, people, snow, bars, rooms, it's a non stop festival of gore.)
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Lesbian
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Lesbian Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal > Vampires