Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Racing Headset for Nascar Scanners
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on May 7, 2013
Was not thrilled with the reviews I read but figured I would give it a shot and could always return them. I have a huge head and they fit just fine (I was wearing a ball hat also). Wore them to the Richmond NASCAR race and they were exactly what I needed. Did not block out ALL noise but more than enough so that I could hear the MRN broadcast. I was close to the track so it was understandable. Purchased two pair and used a splitter with one scanner...both pair worked perfectly.

I am VERY pleased with this product!!!
on February 20, 2011
I have no reservation in stating that this is the worst product I have purchased from either Amazon or the Amazon Marketplace in five years. First off, as another review states (I did read an earlier review that attested to the same tiny size, but I purchased these for use by a child), these headphones are ridiculously small, both in the way they fit over the head in general and over the ears specifically. Furthermore, while they are marketed by the seller as Uniden, they are actually labeled as "Racing Electronics, RT-24." They are certainly useless as a race scanner headphone--unless you count horse races--as there is no attempt to block out any race noise. Admittedly, these headphones are not priced anywhere near professional quality headphones, and if one plans to treat them as a simple toy never to be used at an actual motor racing event, then the price is reasonable. My advice: Consider these wrongly marketed headphones as a toy, and don't even attempt to take them to a track unless you're looking forward to a lifetime of tinnitus.
on July 14, 2016
This headset was a waste of money! The volume is terrible...we couldn't hear a single thing on them once the races actually started. I'm out all that money now for the two head sets I bought us. Not happy at all! Don't recommend to anyone!
on June 19, 2012
Product came on time from seller. Attend NASCAR races periodically. While it doesn't take out all the noise, it takes out enough to still listen to the drivers via a scanner. Worth the value for the few times I will use it. If you want to drown out all the noise, spend more to drown out more.
on January 9, 2012
Needed an extra headset to use with our radio at the race... these are great. The only thing is that they can be a little too small to fit over an adults ears, but if only using once is a while they serve their purpose.
on April 7, 2015
My son in law and my Grandaughter Love NASCAR. I gave this Headset and the NASCAR Scanner to my son in law for Clhristmas and he loves it. I Guess that now I will have to get one for my Grandaghter.

Nelson
on April 18, 2016
The headphones were too small for my head, and didn't quite fit over my ears completely. In addition, even when I had my scanner voume turned up as high as it would go, along with the volume knob on each ear piece, it was still extremely quiet and faint (you couldn't hear the the broadcast over the race cars going by). While I thought I was getting a good deal on a set of racing headphones, next time I would go ahead and spend the money for more comfortable, high-end noise-cancelling headphones instead.
on September 15, 2013
The fit is poor. The over ear cups are smaller than they should be for good sound insulation, small gaps are left which allow sound to get in. I think they may work better for youth or possibly women, but for an adult they are not well designed. This is coming from a man with a relatively small head. I wear a small motorcycle helmet size. The volume controls a crud yet powerful enough for the track. So if it were not for the low quality fit, they would be an excellent affordable option, but the fit makes them almost useless for the roar of NASCAR.
on April 16, 2012
These headsets are the cheapest that I have ever seen. They are not Uniden brand and even Racing Electronics does not describe them as racing headsets. They do not block any noise and they are completely useless at the race track.
on November 15, 2011
I purchased this headset as an extra set so my wife and I both could listen to the race at the same time. They work like a charm and are even more comfortable than the primary set that came with the scanner. Two thumbs up!

See 1 answered question