Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,047 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,291 reviews
on May 23, 2014
This book told from the dog's perspective is a wonderful tale of his life with a race car driver and his family. I found myself crying in the sad parts whenever there is a dog involved and cry I did in at least two parts. The story flows easily and I found myself reading it quickly and wanting more when the story was over. The story covers his master's life as a race car driver through meeting his wife and the child that they have. He comments on the other people (race car drivers, in-laws) and how they affects the people he loves.
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good animal story but as I said get the tissues because you will need them and if your husband is like mine do not read it when he is around or prepare for the comments..
on May 11, 2017
This has to be one of the most soul searching books I've ever read. It was highly recommended by a friend when we were discussing books we had enjoyed. I mentioned that I really enjoyed reading The Shack. He immediately said that if I enjoyed it then I MUST read Racing in the Rain: My Life as a Dog. It definitely did not disappoint! I literally could not put it down until I finished it. AMAZING!
on February 14, 2015
This book grabbed me from the first couple of pages. I hardly put it down except to sleep--finished it in two days. The writing is beautiful--not flowery but then a dog's language would not be flowery. And it isn't cutesy either as it could have been if the author had put too much emphasis on trying to get into a dog's mind. Instead the book steers clear of mawkishness--much as a race car driver steers clear of a wall. The race car analogy worked so well. Although I am not familiar with the world of race car driving, I found it very appropriate to the story, comparing how one steers through life's tragedies and challenges to driving a race car.
The story centers around a dog called Enzo and his love and devotion to his family--Denny, Eve and Zoe. It is way, way above the typical "dog loves man" story though. I can't describe any more about the plot except to say that, if you love dogs, this is a must read. And even if you don't consider yourself a dog lover, this book will captivate you.
on November 2, 2015
This book is a Stroke of Genius on the part of this writer to have put together the story that he has! My daughter gave this to me as Christmas present, maybe it was a Birthday present, over a year ago. I cried through the entire book. I loved it...and gave it away as a gift to a friend! Again, It is a Stroke of Genius on the part of this writer! If you love animals (dogs) and you love racing...STOP what you are doing, and go find and buy and read this book. Your life, and outlook on it, will definitely change. I have since bought over 10-copies as gifts for my Alfa Romeo Club friends! Now that I have written this write-up, I'm going to buy another copy and re-read it and keep it to look at, and re-read parts of it from time to time, as to what really is important in life!
on August 27, 2017
This book is a must for dog lovers. Especially if your dog has crossed over. This book helped me immensely with the lost of my 15 year old miniature pincher named Caesar.
on May 6, 2015
This book was suggested to me to read. I wasn't ready. I knew it would touch my heart. It has been about 10 months since she said you need to read this book. Three weeks ago I was asked have you read "Racing in the Rain? I said no, but I have it. Deep in my heart I knew this book would make me cry. I wasn't ready. I was afraid. I didn't want to be sad. I am a cancer survivor. I'm a walking miracle. Today I was ready to read the book. This is the most impassioned book I have read in a very long time. Yes, I cried. Yes I smiled. Yes I talk to my dogs. Yes I believe animals have a sensitivity 6th sense. I love this book. The analogies used relating to life fit my need to "bark twice." If you read this book be prepared to devote your time until you finish; you won't put it down. I think my friend. I thank the author. Now I need my dog beside me.
on December 13, 2014
(Note: this review is from my 5th-grader) I think that this book is the most fabulous book on the planet. You really feel the deep and passionate emotion in everyone. Also you turn the page and the whole story changes. This book also gives the reader emotion from the characters. You can feel and express the hatred Enzo feels with the "twins." You know how Denny and Enzo (and Zoë) loathe them. The author uses such remarkable words to describe what's going on, but without telling you what will happen next. In the end, this book deserves five heroic stars. Before you read it though, pick up a box of extra large fluffy tissues!
on January 8, 2014
I needed to release much sadness from the events of the past year. Recognizing your in the later stages of your life, loosing others in your life, remembering the high points of life, and dealing with serious health diagnoses for both myself and my husband were all feelings I was dealing with. Through this book I was able to morn and express the feeling that were so strong in me and had been a big part of my recent depression. After two days of reading and crying and reading and crying, I started a new life. Little things, I had not made the bed in ages - now when I get up I make the bed. Sounds small but this was the first step in living after morning my life. I never would have though I would have related to a race car driver but through a dogs eyes I was able to.
on March 30, 2014
Two things make this book great: point of view and theme. Though it sounds odd to explain it, the point of view is a dog's. Yet the voice of this narrator, Enzo, is not affected but rather endearing, funny, and at times even profound. Enzo is determined that in the next life he will be a human and in the present life he is trying to be a good, loyal friend to his owners. The main theme is that of the importance of perseverance as Enzo's owner Denny, struggles to endure and overcome extreme hardships while on the journey to achieve his dream of being a race car driver. As Enzo observes these struggles, he also reveals the hope that inspires us to fight for our dreams and to never give up. The narrative voice is refreshing and funny and the book's themes are hopeful and encouraging, so I recommend this book not only for dog lovers and race car enthusiasts, but also for those who will enjoy the gems of insight and inspiration throughout.
on September 12, 2016
I am a dog lover. I loved that the story was written from "Enzo's point of view. I often wonder what my dogs are thinking. Sometimes we communicate with our eyes. I found the book hard to put down and cried many times; especially at the end. A great read for everyone especially those of us who love our dogs!,
review image