|Price:||$236.00 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$59.00 (20%)|
- polyester lining
- Highest quality parts: 100% polycarbonate shells, 4 silent spinner wheels, water proof zipper, integrated TSA lock and more. Balancing beauty and durability, and made from only best in class parts.
- Portable Power: 7800mah integrated portable power bank, with 2 external USB ports to charge all your devices on the go
- Weight Sensing: weight sensing carry handle means you just need to lift your Raden to know its weight
- Location Tracking: using Bluetooth Low Energy technology, track where your Raden has been and pick up its location when not in range through a crowd generated mesh network
- Outer dimension:22” x 14” x 8”;Inner dimension:19" x 13" x 4";Capacity:35 Liters.
2 Year Luggage/Handbag Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers virtually everything that can go wrong with your product from the handle to the wheels
- Plan has stain coverage along with coverage for defects in materials and workmanship and breakdowns from normal wear and tear
- Coverage includes: Damage to fabric, vinyl, leather seam separation and slippage, rips, tears, and loss of foam
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The world's best materials and technology come together to elevate your travel experience. The Raden A series come equipped with flexible, polycarbonate exterior shells which are ultra light and highly durable. A reversed zipper lining and waterproof sealing, an integrated TSA lock and four Japanese designed silent spinner wheels enable Raden to maneuver like a dream. A proprietary integrated electronics module allows you to pair to your Raden via the Raden app, and provides you with 7800mah of portable power, weight sensing to know your case's weight just by lifting the top carry handle and BLE enabled location tracking. The Raden suitcase and app make for the ultimate travel companion.
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 14 x 22 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B01MSKND8O
- Item model number: A22BLKG1G1
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 15, 2016
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
1. All this raving about this bag being the "iphone of bags" are vastly overstated. Its a good looking bag in its simplicity but lets not go overboard. I doubt that it will turn heads in the airport. I'm taking it to Philly next week so we'll see. If people stop me to oogle over my bag I'll report that back here.
2. Smart luggage? Disruptive? The thing of the future? Another huge exaggeration. The latest version of the Raden app is as barebones as its suitcase. So much so that all of the cool features that Raden has on its website are now GONE. No bag sharing. No flight status. No airport traffic status. GONE. Now all you have is a scale, a battery meter, and a TOTALLY USELESS location tool. I like the fact that there is a chat window built into the app for direct customer service. Other than that the app doesn't do much besides weigh the bag (which it did very accurately) and tell you when the battery has been charged. Think about this, why do you even need a scale in a 22" carry on bag? Unless you are going to fill it with bowling balls or you wear lead underpants you can't fit enough clothes in there for it to be overweight! So the point of having a scale is kind of silly.
3. More about the Location tool. Three words: Are you kidding? The location tool will tell you that your bag is generally in SAME TOWN as you but doesn't put a pin on a map so it could be anywhere within dozens of square miles and hundreds of buildings. Right now, my A22 is in my closet, 15 feet away from me, but the map shows that it is located somewhere in the Frankfort, IL general area (there is no drop pin). And since your bag needs to be in Bluetooth range of your phone, if for some reason someone wheels off with your bag while your not looking what are you going to do about it? It doesn't have an alarm to tell you that your bag has been taken out of range. It doesn't tell you the exact address at which your bag was located. It doesn't even tell you where it is if another Raden app user finds it because it can't show itself on the map? This tool is about as useful putting a screen door on a submarine.
4. Build quality. The bag actually feels cheap and rickety compared to my travel pro Crew 11 spinner. Travel pro has magnets that force the wheels to track true so its a smooth ride. The Raden wheels feel like a shoping cart and it tracks where ever it wants to go. The handle feels VERY rickety and wobbly. Where the Travelpro handle is rock solid, the Raden handle has a lot of play and feels like its going to fall off. The interior is good, but missing features that you might expect in a $300 bag like straps, suit carrier, etc.
I am a technologist and an MIS professor so I like gadgets, but I am so disappointed because all the hype and promise does not live up to the reality of the execution. This bag is not smart by any stretch of the imagination. You can get the same functionality with an extra battery pack from Walgreens and a $20 Tile tracking tag. Is it worth $300 - not in your wildest dreams. This is all hype and very little substance until such time as Raden makes their app much more useful and increase the build quality.
In case you are wondering, I'm not sending it back because its a conversation piece and I want to support startup companies like Raden. But make no mistake, this product is a swing and a miss. Its essentially cheap luggage, with mostly useless technology.
Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about your disappointment with your A22 Carry in Navy Matte. We'd be happy to address your concerns directly below:
1. We apologize if the design of the case did not meet your standards—we are big fans of the streamlined aesthetic! With a wide range of colors and finishes, we hope our design can please a varied mix of customers.
2. We are constantly working to update our app based on customer feedback and reviews, just like this one! As such, we will make sure that our Product Team is aware of your comments, specifically. There are two reasons for the business decision to include the Weigh feature in our A22 Carry case. First, there are weight restrictions for carry-on luggage on many international flights (you may even need to know the weight in kilos, which our app allows!). And, secondly, it is a more seamless experience with less confusion when all of our products have identical technical capabilities.
3. In regards to our location feature, I'd be happy to provide some additional context. The Bluetooth alternative to traditional GPS allows for a couple main benefits. The first is that the case provides a read out of roughly how far it is from you. Near is about 10 feet, Far is roughly 100, and Out of Range is outside of the 100 foot leashed zone. Second, the app tracks the cities and countries you've traveled with by providing historic map views of where you have been. These map views are not meant to present your current location but act as a list to scroll through to remind you of past travels. We're continually improving the app and location features to add more benefits for our travelers.
4. The Raden case is highly durable and designed specifically to ensure it has room to bend and breath, but not break. The wheels themselves are Japanese Hinomoto, some of the highest quality and most durable on the market. We‘ve done extensive testing on all the parts to ensure nothing breaks easily. Additionally, I can assure you that all of our case features have undergone “advanced lifecycle testing” to ensure they won’t wear down over time so that you can have a great travel experience many years after you’ve purchased your Raden.
Again, we really do appreciate the time you took to review Raden, and all your thoughts, comments, and concerns will be circulated throughout our team internally.
We would appreciate if you would reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can further discuss your experience and see what improvement you would like to see made in the future.
-If you fly on smaller planes (not REALLY small planers, but smaller regional jets), airlines now force you gate check your bag. as the overhead bins are not large enough to fit even a regulation sized carry-on. This eliminates the hassle of baggage claim, yes, but the baggage handlers are not always kind, as you may know.
-This leads me to my next con - the gloss scratches pretty easily. I'm aware this is a suitcase. I am aware they will scratch and travel is tough, but the baggage handlers WILL SCRATCH YOUR CASE. So, if you like things to be absolutely pristine, this is something to consider. It doesn't scratch the color off the bag by any means, but there will be cosmetic wear and tear.
-This d*mn thing takes forever to fully charge. Who buys a "smart" suitcase and doesn't charge the battery pack? You better start charging the full night before if you're wanting to hit the airport with enough juice to get you through your trip.
-The "tracker" only works if you're basically right on top of the suitcase. This is NOT a GPS locator. If that's the technology you want, try a Lug Loc or something along those lines.
-It packs more than it looks like if you are a smart packer. I was able to go on a 4-day business trip with this small bag and another carryon (about the size of a large tote) without any problems. I am able to fit my hair straightener, cosmetics, about 3 pairs of shoes and all the other outfits/essentials with some planning.
-It holds more than enough charge to keep my phone and tablet powered up. (I have not tried a laptop.)
-The wheels are a dream. This is an ease to get through crowded airports on carpet, walkways, or regular flooring. I appreciate being able to walk "with" it or drag it behind me.
-The zippers are high quality as is the TSA approved lock. I feel like my belongings are truly secure, and I appreciate the extra water tight seal, especially when traveling to places like NYC where you might be in the elements before getting to your destination.
It's not a perfect bag, but I am really happy with it over all, especially since my biggest complaints actually have to do with airline regulations and not the suitcase itself. It is truly pricey, but I feel like I am getting my money's worth.
We appreciate your feedback on both the A22 and A28 cases. We're sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction and are eager to address your concerns.
The issue you are experiencing with the blue blinking light can be solved! If you open up your app to the main dashboard of the case that you are traveling with, tap "More" in the bottom right-hand corner and update your "Bag Version". This will ensure that the LED light shuts off whenever your app is not in use.
The battery itself will remain charged for up to a year as long as you are not using the case to charge a device or using the weight feature.
In terms of airline travel, Raden complies with all of the relevant safety standards set forth by the FAA, TSA and IATA. Raden's battery has a Watt-hour rating of 28.3Wh which has passed all safety & testing requirements of standard UN38.3, and meets the requirements outlined by IATA Packing Instructions 966 and 967. Though the rules are airline by airline, the watt hour rating for the Raden battery is allowed on 99%+ of airlines in check-in.
That being said, we have had a few customers report a more thorough screening at airports in Asia. And, for such travels, we do recommend removing the battery from the case.
The marks that are shown in the photos you attached can be easily removed from your case! To remove dirt and small scuffs, we recommend you use a non-abrasive agent such as Isopropanol alcohol, which is commonly available at drug stores. Apply a few milliliters of Isopropanol to a cloth or directly onto the dirt or residue marks left on your shell, and wipe away until clean. Repeat as needed.
Finally, we are sorry to hear that you felt your customer experience was less than stellar and urge you to contact us at email@example.com or chat with us through the app so that we can rectify this matter! Again, we appreciate your review and ask that you don't hesitate to reach out to us directly should there be anything you need.