Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on December 3, 2014
This is one of the MOST astonishing toys I have ever played with. Seriously.

My daughter and I are really into Harry Potter. This freaky little ball of dark magic is able to correctly guess what you are thinking about the Harry Potter series 99 times out of 100. And I'm not talking about just main characters....secondary characters, ghosts, animals, objects, events, places, magical creatures, dead or alive. It's a bit creepy how well it works. I had to put it away, because it was starting to get freaky just how often it can guess even the most remote of things from the books and movies.

And don't be surprised if and when it asks you 20 seemingly, astonishingly random questions and then, BAM!...it guess exactly what you have selected. It's really amazing.

For the price, it will keep you entertained for hours at a time, as you try to come up with things to stump it. And you will have a HARD time trying to stump it.

Mischief Managed.
on May 14, 2012
I love this game. And for the sale price and free PRIME shipping, you simply can't get more fun for the money (well, maybe a deck of cards). I admit, I have read all the books at least 20 times each...so I am a bit of a HP fan. This toy exceeded all my expectations. It's incredibly simple, but entertaining for ONE (no multiplayer option).

Simply think of any HP person, place , or thing, and it will ask you questions via a black and white screen and you answer 'yes', 'no', 'maybe' or 'sometimes'. It will guess when it thinks it knows what you're thinking about, or at 20 Q. I tried to pick the most obscure HP trivia I could think of without referencing the books.....First i tried Bowtruckles, then Forest of Dean. It guessed INCORRECTLY for bowtruckles after 20Q--in my mind that means i won! However, it gives itself another 5 Q..after those... it got it correct. I was pretty impressed. With the Forest of Dean it guess incorrectly after 8Q but correctly after 20Q...in my mind, an incorrect guess means I won, but it said it won again! Whatever, I have the satisfaction of knowing it guessed incorrectly;)

It doesn't read the questions over audio, but does have some simple audio noises and intersperses play with fun HP sayings. It's small and compact, It will easily fit in my purse and my sister and I will take turns playing when we get to the Wonderful Wizarding World Of HP at Universal Studios this fall. I like that it has a stand so I can put it on display..next to my law degree. It was a lot cheaper and so much more fun! The wings are just flimsy plastic...but it does make it look more like a snitch.

I think this is the perfect gift for any HP fan....of any age:)
on July 16, 2013
My oldest daugher is reading the Harry Potter series of books, and this was a great treat for her. As she reads more and watches the movies, she spends time trying to get the game to not pick her answer. She's outsmarted it a few times, but it's amazingly good at picking whatever you're thinking about from the series. The only challenge is that it can sometimes ask questions that you're not entirely sure of the proper answer, unless you really know your Harry Potter trivia. Also, it will ask questions across all 7 books, which is challenging if someone hasnt' yet made it through all of them. All in all, though, it has been a big hit with my daughter. We even bought one for one of her friend's birthday parties, who also was very into Harry Potter, and it was a hit with her as well.
on December 31, 2008
I bought this toy for my son for Christmas, we are both big Harry Potter fans. I will be the first to admit that when I bought it, I couldn't wait to try it out myself. Since I have read all the books more than once, I tried to think of the most obscure thing for the game to guess every time I played. I have not stumped this game since the first few times I played, and I stumped it then only because I wasn't giving the best answers to the questions. It sometimes takes a little more than 20 questions, but not more than 25. The game throws in some amusing boasts while it's questioning, and that makes it a little more fun.

The only negative for the 20Q games (all of them, from what I've read) is that you may not feel like you know the best answer to the question it gives you. Choose your "answer" with that in mind. You need to know a bit about your person, place or thing before you choose. Sometimes it doesn't matter, and the game guesses correctly anyways, other times you will stump the game.

If you are a Harry Potter fan, you will definitely get a kick out of this game. My son and I love it. I am constantly amazed when it comes up with the right answer.
on November 16, 2010
This 20Q Harry Potter electronic game is made to look like a "golden snitch" (the wings are removed for play). The game is similar to the age-old game of 20 questions but it is based on Harry Potter people, places, and things. I bought it for my 7 year old grandson's birthday and he is an HP fan. My grandson loves the game - his only problem was a little difficulty understanding the concept at first. The "snitch" asks the questions and you must answer correctly based on the Harry Potter person, place, or thing you are pretending to be. He also had minor difficulty reading the questions which move across the screen quickly in text-message like format. The adults (myself included) enjoyed playing the game as well. Note that this like any hand-held device - only one person at a time can hold the game at a time. Harry Potter fans will have fun with this!
on May 12, 2013
I've never been too much of a fan of 20 Questions. I've only ever played it during road trips in an effort to keep awake. However, this was a gift for a friend who is very much HP obsessed. She loves it and plays with it quite often. It's a pretty nifty game/toy and would be a good buy for anyone who loves Harry Potter.

You choose what/who you "are" and the toy will ask you questions like, "Are you a magical creature" or "are you a Muggle" and you answer 'yes' or 'no'. It'll move on according to your answer until it is either stumped or it guesses.
on January 12, 2008
Like the 20Q game, this electronic game asks yes/no questions and tries to "guess" what the user is thinking. The idea here is of course that the Harry Potter version would be programmed with every imaginable creature, prop and character from the books and movies. However, my children have thought of lots of things (inferi, Marvolo, etc.) that do not seem to be on the game's list. Despite this shortcoming, it's really a fun game, and is reasonably priced.
Note that the toy itself is the little golden ball (shaped like a snitch from quidditch) and a small stand. The wings protruding from the snitch are part of the packaging.
on May 17, 2012
For a big Harry Potter fan, which I am, this toy can be a lot of fun. You can play it for as long or as little as you want. I've managed to stump it few times, but it's amazing how often it "guesses" the character that you've chosen to be for each game. Even though the game turns off automatically, I wish that there was an on/off switch. This game has entertained my family members from ages 11 - 63, and my daughter warned me to NOT tell her husband about it, because she intends to get one for his next Christmas stocking. There are not many bargains left in this world, but for a total of $8, shipping included, this toy can't be beat.
on April 22, 2014
We have 3 Harry Potter fans in our house, and this was the most popular gift in the Easter basket this year. We just kept passing it back and forth, trying to stump the snitch. It works very well and the range of knowledge of "all things Harry" that is included in the internal programming is pretty amazing. If you like Harry Potter, you will have a lot of fun with this thing.
VINE VOICEon March 18, 2008
It's pretty amazing how often these little ball computers can guess what you're thinking in 20 questions that on the surface don't seem to be very specific at all. At times, it is downright spooky how it does it. I wish this game was updated to include all seven books.