- File Size: 530 KB
- Print Length: 352 pages
- Publisher: Bantam; Reprint edition (November 23, 2004)
- Publication Date: November 23, 2004
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000FC2NHG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #15,445 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$17.00|
Save $5.01 (29%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Radical Acceptance Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 352 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
It teaches in the most thorough way how to learn to live with and accept those things and so be free of them, instead of resisting and suppressing and so being controlled by them. That is immensely easier said than done.
It summarises and goes into more depth and connects more honestly and compassionately with the actual experience of these things than any other book or teaching I've worked with. It also goes as deeply if not more into the actual psychology and specific approaches to deal with them than any other source I have encountered. It is accessible and substantial.
She also has a very good webpage with many video lectures (she gives talks weekly in the DC area); articles and podcasts that someone interested in mindfulness should find interesting/useful. That webpage should give a good picture of her philosophy and approach to handling the "lost in thoughts" and "monkey mind" struggles that are at the heart of most of our mental difficulties. Her book was one of the first of many I read on mindfulness and is still one of the best and is one that many cognitive therapists in my area recommend to their patients.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Self-Esteem
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Self-Esteem