Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.48 shipping
Radical Beauty: How to Transform Yourself from the Inside Out Hardcover – September 20, 2016
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“Being healthy requires exercising both your body and your brain. Deepak & Kimberly’s new book delivers a holistic approach to living through cutting-edge nutrition, meditation, yoga, and sleep — all the necessities for creating a beautiful life on the inside and out.” —Maria Shriver
“Strength and beauty go hand-in-hand in this brilliant plan from two of the most inspiring leaders in healthy living. Energetic, entertaining, and just plain cool. You’ll not only learn a lot about cutting-edge nutrition, meditation, yoga, and sleep, but you’ll love the delicious recipes too!” —Eva Longoria
"Kimberly's program has had such an important impact not only on my health but my life in general. Radical Beauty is a must read that is the next step in your evolution to live a beautiful life. She's brilliant." —Drew Barrymore
“With Kimberly Snyder’s guidance, I have changed my nutritional health forever. As a result, I have more energy, better skin and better overall health.” —Reese Witherspoon
“Deepak gave me my first mantra. He’s been a teacher and friend who really understands the past, present, and future; a constant inspiration of taking us to the next level. He has always been a pioneer in mind body and spirit, and this book will undoubtedly enrich its readers.” —Donna Karan
“Learn a fresh approach to beauty that will help you to feel more confident and centered in your day-to-day life from the inside out!" —Lucy Liu
About the Author
DEEPAK CHOPRA, M.D., a member of Oprah's SuperSoul 100, and founder of the Chopra Foundation and cofounder of the Chopra Center for Well-Being, is a world-renowned pioneer in integrative medicine and personal transformation. He is the author of more than 80 books translated into over 43 languages, including numerous New York Times bestsellers. Time magazine has described Dr. Chopra as “one of the top 100 heroes and icons of the century” and credits him as “the poet-prophet of alternative medicine.” The WorldPost and Huffington Post global Internet survey ranked Dr. Chopra #17 of the most influential thinkers in the world and “#1 in medicine.” Visit him at DeepakChopra.com.
KIMBERLY SNYDER, C.N., is a nutritionist and the New York Times bestselling author of the Beauty Detox book series. Snyder has appeared as a nutrition and beauty expert on Dr. Oz, Ellen, and Today, and has been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Vogue, Elle, and InStyle. She is also the creator of Glow Bio, an organic juice and smoothie company, and she hosts the popular podcast Beauty Inside Out. For her wellness products and more great health and beauty information, visit KimberlySnyder.com.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
In this book she co-authors with Deepak Chopra MD – who is at the forefront of integrative medicine - which I personally believe might be the way we should be heading, rather than the current medical model where people get sick and look for a pill not a solution; and as a result, we continue to be a Nation that spends more than any other on healthcare, without better results! In a nutshell, we have two people coming together in one book to help us all get healthy bodies, minds and souls!
This book is all inclusive – rather than many traditional books that simply look at diet, or exercise, or mindfulness, thus book does it all through six pillars
• Internal Nourishment – this looks at our preconceived notions on what is “healthy” , how food impacts our overall health, and helps create a change to optimize nutrition and build health from the inside out.
• External Nourishment – this chapter looks at what we put on our skin; after all, it’s our largest organ; and one we tend to slather with chemical lotions and potions in a quest for wellness and youth. It looks at toxic ingredients and healthy replacements with some simple ideas for masks, lotions and even deodorant.
• Peak Beauty Sleep -sleep is of course integral to our health and this along with diet, when poor, has found to be the biggest pathway to ill health and a shorter life span. The book has tips for a better night’s sleep from sleep inducing foods to suggested supplements.
• Primal beauty – this is going back to nature, and aligning our routines to those of nature such as solar and lunar cycles. I particularly love the focus on reducing the toxicity in our homes and personal spaces; as it’s something I think about but often fail to modify!
• Beautiful movement – exercise of course. But this , unlike other books which tell us to do more exercise, more often -examines the consequences of over exercising, - and looks to regain balance; it is also heavily yoga focused, which as a Yogi myself, I love
• Spiritual Beauty – this is creating peace in your mind, with yourself – creating a calm being. There are good questionnaires, and some excellent meditation tips and techniques. There are also some good steps which seem based on emotional intelligence, which is a pillar that can be learned, and be most effective.
Finally the book has some great recipes, which I appreciate as many of Kimberley’s recipes have become staples in our home over the past few years so I am excited to try some new ideas!
This is a fantastic book that truly takes a 360 approach to health, wellness, diet, exercise, body, mind and soul. I will refer to it again and again!