Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on December 22, 2000
I own many, many 'daily meditations' books. If I had to keep just one, this would be it. Richard Rohr packs so much into one paragraph that the short meditations are just right. There is enough in this book to keep you on your journey of faith for years. Your life and thinking will change.
on November 26, 2008
If you're a priest in need of a Sunday sermon, or a therapist, counsellor, healer or perhaps a spiritual writer who's hit the old "block," Radical Grace is an excellent source book. Containing 408 "Daily Meditations" from Richard Rohr's writings and presentations, it's one of those books creative folk should have at their finger tips. Of, course it's more than this: Keep a copy by your bed, open at any page and the message will calm your mind. A wonderful book for anyone on a spiritual path, and you don't have to be Catholic to reap the benefits.
on February 24, 2012
The format of Radical Grace encourages the reader to pick up the book for a meditation each day. Rohr's choosing to set a particular day for the reading made it easier to keep the book handy. As an eager reader of some of his other books, I realize that some took commitment to follow through with the chapter topic. Not so with this work.

Even before seeing this book, I knew that the contents would be inspiring. Years ago, Richard Rohr's email newsletter came to challenge growth in the spiritual area. This compilation lives up to the expectation of combining contemplation and action.
on December 27, 2010
This book has provided daily meditations for me that have truly focused me life of faith. It has helped me to understand that the Word has to be incarnated in my solidarity with those who are on a journey with me. The journey itself is bigger than me and my little world. It is cosmic and concrete at the same time. We are called to journey together. God has us on this journey. I am five weeks into thses meditations and already my like had new energy.
on June 13, 2013
I have been using this book as a jumping off place for my daily spiritual practice. Most of the time, I have found the selections to be thought provoking and sometimes even a deeper "challenge" to my way of thinking. Some of the selections I puzzle over - perhaps because I am not "Roman Catholic"? I would recommend this book to anyone serious about the spiritual journey.
on July 18, 2013
This book is a collection of daily readings and each day is a passage or thought taken from two decades of Richard Rohr's public speaking and writings. Some readings are from one of his books called Why Be Catholic? (Which I have never read). Not being Catholic, I often felt like these readings did not pertain to me. All in all, it was a good book that has many great thoughts.
on December 26, 2012
My favorite devotional yet, and I've used many. Books often present themselves as timely in my life, and this one is a good example of 'the right words at the right time' day by day. Fr. Rohr's bibliography is large so this compilation of thoughts (many inspired), observations and challenges to the reader is pretty diverse. A great gift to give; it may be appreciated by God-lovers, such as myself, and skeptics alike. I hope you buy it and read it!
on July 2, 2013
I find this book easy to use and helpful for both busy people and those with more time. Excellent for use with the Daily (Divine) Office. It does not conform with the Church Year however as it is for use any year.
on February 18, 2013
Since I am not Catholic but am in a Centering Group where we have read and listened to Father Rohr's CD's, this book had some Catholic traditions that were interesting but not relevent to my protestant background. Otherwise I value the daily meditations very much.
on March 5, 2013
As both the books have not long arrived I am unable to give a full review at this stage. However what I have read so far I am extremely impressed. I cannot rate Falling Upwards at this time as I have not as yet read it, but have heard parts of it read as thought it well worth buying. Will no doubt be ordering further books written by Richard Rohr. I love his dep thinking