Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Radio Flyer Ultimate Comfort Wagon
Style: Red Top|Change

on July 18, 2014
OK. So when my wife told me she wanted a wagon that cost $160, slamming my head into the wall sounded like a better idea.... Two days later (thanks Amazon Prime!) we had a lovely box of wagon parts in my living room! It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to assemble it, however I recommend actually looking at the instructions. In typical Dad fashion, I set about assembling it by intuition and grit alone. After boogering up one front wheel install, I decided the Ikea-ish instructions might be used to my advantage. After that it was relatively smooth sailing. Upon completion, I strapped my son in (10 months) and his older cousin (3 years) climbed in, threw the wife over my shoulder, killed a sabretooth tiger, and off we went for a romp around the neighborhood. It pulled very smooth, handled our off-road (grass) excursion like a champ, and had plenty of storage for my niece's stuff, her baby-doll and all her stuff, as well as the wife's purse and some water bottles. All that and we didnt even use the attached storage bag in the back. The wheels are not hard plastic, as some other reviewers have said, but are a foam rubber type of material. Not sure how someone could confuse the two, but there are special people everywhere... At the end of the day, I am very happy with the deflation of my wallet for this epic chariot for the offspring, and would recommend it to anyone looking to haul their minions around, whether that be to the park, the beach, the zoo, the salt flats, a lunar surface or any other place you may venture to. Happy Wagonning!
1,100 people found this helpful
|2626 comments|Report abuse
on April 22, 2015
I never purchase anything without reading reviews and it come down between this one and another one because it folded down. It was more of a utility wagon anyway, but the reviews for this one kept saying how big it is and that unless you had a large vehicle you wouldn't have room to haul it. Well I didn't listen to it and bought it anyway. BEST WAGON EVER! It's not as big as other reviewers make it sound, but is definitely roomy and tons of storage space. My little girl was ecstatic over it. After I put it together (maybe 20 minutes total, (canopy took the longest for me because I couldn't figure out how to get the center brace to curve upward instead of downward. Lol) we took it on a 1 mile test run around the subdivision. There are hills where we live and it was very easy to pull. I had to hammer a little on the front wheels upon getting home to stop the washer from jingling so bad, but other than that it was great. My daughter couldn't decide on which seat to sit in and kept switching from seat to seat. :) other reviews also stated that it's easy to tip.... No, no it's not. I PURPOSELY TRIED to turn sharp to see if it would and nope. I think their problems were with the wheels being put on wrong. There is an R & L printed on the metal for the front wheels... Hard to see, but it's there. And if you are LOOKING at the wagon, it's not YOUR right and left, it's the opposite, as if you were in the wagon and looking at the handle bar and then it would be your right or left. The instructions clearly explain that, but it could easily be put on wrong if you DON'T read them. Haha. Anyway, this is an awesome wagon and we can't wait to take it to the Houston Zoo next weekend for her birthday. :) Look no further and BUY THIS WAGON, because my little one doesn't want to get out of it!! :)
114 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 7, 2016
This is one of the best things we ever got for our twins. We got it when they were 12 months old. They were early walkers (started at 10 months) so they needed to be restrained when we were out and about. The girls are 19 months now and this is still their favorite when the weather allows it. They love facing each other. We love the canopy to keep out the sun and have had no issues with it. The seat pads ride up sometimes and that's a little annoying, but that's it.
We use it on a bike path near our house, so it's easy, paved terrain, and this is perfect for that. We keep it in the garage, assembled and ready to go. Before we got this we used the Bob Duallie for all our walks but the girls prefer this by a LOT. They can sit up and see everything and each other, vs. the Bob where they are sitting back and can't see much and are much more harnessed in.
They have started fighting us about using the Bob for these reasons. They last much longer on walks in this stroller.
I don't find it uncomfortable to pull at all.
We used the 3 part harness until recently, now we just use the lap belt part.
If you have twins, get it!
15 people found this helpful
on June 3, 2017
1 year old baby girl
5 year old very tall boy
They both love it
12 people found this helpful
on May 19, 2016
I can't say enough good things about this wagon! We use this wagon every day and it has stayed as nice as it was the first day we got it. It is so easy to pull and move the seats around. My husband and I are very tall 6'4" and 5'10" and we can comfortably stroll around the block with this sturdy wagon. Love love love it!
11 people found this helpful
on August 10, 2017
My biggest regret is spending money on this wagon. We received with wagon to use for the Fourth of July for our 1-year-old twins. We received this and started to put it together happily until it came to put the bag rack on. We tried and tried to put it on and realized that it wasn't sized right. It was made too small, and there was no way we could use it.

I feel the quality is pretty shoddy for being the Radio Flyer brand. Quality control missed the rack being mis-sized. I went to the Radio Flyer website and requested replacement parts since the axel rod was scratched from trying to fit the bag rack on. It was disappointing to say the least. The canopy on this is made pretty cheap too.

This being said, my girls do enjoy riding in this and we get compliments about how "cool" the wagon is. I feel for what we paid, verses the quality, is highly lacking. I saw at Aldi they had a Step 2 brand wagon - nearly identical to this one by Flyer. I kick myself as it went on discount soon enough and I could've paid 1/2 of what I paid for this Flyer and probably is the same quality.

I like Step 2 brand, and if it wasn't such a pain to send this back, I would have.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 30, 2015
Very cute, with lots of nice touches. My 3 and 1 year olds love riding it around town. Storage space is smaller than expected, but the collapsible rear storage bag helps. Some assembly required, although you’ll need a sturdy floor surface like garage or outdoor asphalt when you hammer (preferably mallet) in the axel hubcaps.

Pros:
+ Seat cushions with back pockets
+ Rear collapsible storage bag (snaps closed for both collapsed and expanded)
+ 2 inside and 2 outside cup holders
+ Removable canopy with storage bag
+ Swiveling front wheels steer smoothly
+ Seatbacks fold down to function as table/flatbed for cargo
+ 3-point seat belts for both seats
+ Small extra storage space under rear seat
+ Sturdy and low-maintenance plastic chassis
+ Sturdy metal wheel axels

Cons:
- Shallow storage space due to built-in seat moldings
- Both kids cannot face forward, although they can face each other or both face backwards

Wishes: (personal wishes that I won’t knock stars for)
• Handle to lock closed over the wagon for storage. Workaround: I use a bungie cord to hook the handle onto the rear axel
• Reflective markers to alert drivers in dark. Workaround: my reflective tape has stayed on the rear bag, but not on the plastic sides
• All-terrain wheels. Do NOT bring the Ultimate Comfort (or similar cart without wide and/or inflatable wheels) to a sandy beach. There will be much gnashing of teeth while the thin wheels sink and drag in the sand

Regarding the All-Terrain Wheels, I called Radio Flyer to determine whether I can buy them for this wagon, but was told by the rep that they are not compatible. I pointed out that the Design-a-Wagon plastic chassis seems to be the same as the Ultimate Comfort’s, but apparently it has different axles & bushings. It may also have larger wheel clearance for the larger All-Terrain Wheels. You can buy all the retrofit parts from radioflyer.com (no returns), but you'd be better off configuring and buying Build-a-Wagon directly from radioflyer.com.
4 people found this helpful
on May 5, 2016
Awesome wagon. Took my husband and I about 30 minutes to assemble. The included instructions were easy to follow. The wagon is large and great for our twin 2 year olds. I love all the different configurations of the seats and that I can also create a flat surface that I can lay my 5 month old on to sleep or get changed when brother and sister are out and walking. The wheels are nice and make a lot less noise than the hard plastic wheels offered on other wagons. I really wish there was a door so that the kids could get easily in and out, especially when the canopy is on. Speaking of the canopy... It offers great shade but it is essentially held together with poles like in a tent and can get dislodged very easily. Every time we took the kids in and out, we knocked the top of the canopy out of place. It isn't dangerous- the canopy still remains upright when dislodge but it is definitely annoying. I like that there are 4 cup holders and even more if you have it configured with one seat and a tray. The cell phone pockets on the back of the seat cushion are nice but my iPhone 6 Plus does not fit. The storage bag on this wagon really takes the cake. It is huge and holds up to 25 pounds! Also, the bag can be folded up and secured closed when not in use. It is not meant to be taken off the wagon. I got this for an awesome deal through Amazon warehouse. The box was damaged as described but the wagon and all the parts were in perfect condition.
Please note that if the seats are configured so that they are both facing the same direction, the seat belt is no longer in a usable position for one of the seats.
3 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2015
I was very excited to order this for my parents for Christmas (so they can take both grandbabies gallivanting). We emptied out the entire box, and the last part to fall out looked like some irrelevant piece, so I didn't think much of it. I assembled everything - not too bad, instructions weren't too confusing and it came together quickly

It wasn't until the wagon portion was completely done and it was time to move onto the canopy when I realized that the tiny red plastic piece that had fallen out earlier was one of the corners required for the canopy poles to snap on. I was hoping to see if just that part could be replaced (since I'd already gone through the hassle of assembling the whole thing). Half of the part is stuck inside so I don't think I can replace it. I also could not find a way to contact the seller. Either way, looked like the only option was to replace the item and go through the hassle of taking the thing apart and returning it.

Perhaps after I receive the new item I'll change my review. I'm pretty disappointed at the moment but hoping the next shipment is intact.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
20 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on August 11, 2016
I was very undecided about this wagon but it turned out to be a great purchase for my girls, ages 14 mos and 4 yrs. Especially in this heat the canopy is much needed and the girls are looking forward to walks, more than ever than in a stroller. I assembled it myself without my husband home!
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.