Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Radius Garden Root Slayer Shovel – 2017 Green Thumb Award for Most Innovative Garden Tool
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Root Slayer transplanting and multi-purpose shovel digs through sod and roots like they're not there, with its sharpened "Inverted V" cutting blade tip and specially designed root-cutting rip saw teeth, eliminating the need for saws, hatchets, pry-bars, and more.
- Certified to be more than 150% stronger than comparable tools by Intertek, an independent testing laboratory.
- Patented ergonomic Natural Radius O-Handle Grip with 4 times the gripping surface of traditional D-Handle tools provides additional leverage while reducing hand and wrist stress. Made from a comfortable non-latex, thermoplastic elastomer over-molded onto polypropylene.
- DGA 2017 Green Thumb Award: Most Innovative Garden Tool. Recommended as the best heavy duty shovel for both personal and professional use.
- Lifetime Guarantee.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||3.8 x 10.5 x 45 inches|
|Shipping Weight||5.85 pounds|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Root Assassin Shovel||Amazon.com||Woof! Woof!||Amazon.com||LIVING ESSENTIALS|
|Item Dimensions||10.5 x 45 x 3.8 in||6 x 48 x 2 in||2.75 x 39 x 7.5 in||9 x 3.5 x 41 in||3.75 x 57.5 x 10.5 in||4 x 14 x 2 in|
Roots always seem to get in the way of digging, whether you expect them or not. Once you switch to the Root Slayer you might not even notice them most of the time. The Root Slayer is really a multi-purpose shovel that can eliminate the need for other tools, such as hatchets, pry-bars, and saws, when simply digging around the home. If you've ever hit roots while trying to plant a perennial, or been stymied by roots when trying to dig up a shrub, you'll know what we're talking about. You can use the Root Slayer as your go-to shovel. You can also use it to replace your nursery spade. Think of it as a shovel, root hatchet, and root saw all in one tool. The Root Slayer is 44.5 inches from the tip of the blade to the top of the grip. The blade is 2.5mm thick (just thicker than 13 gauge) and just under 13 inches long, with 3.5 inch steps. It weighs 5.4 pounds.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is really great! Renovated the front garden bed with this tool. Removed a huge burning bush, root and all. Dug out a web of roots entangled with old weed cloth and a few thick roots. The pointed tip makes it slice in the soil and junk, sides rips up roots like butter, enough leverage to pry up stumps once you get it in the soil deep. You’ll need to get the right techniques. I’ve gotten better since I got it and the only tool I use in these extreme situations.
I’ll be honest, I’m skeptical about this tool but I was desperate to remove a few tree stumps. To my surprise, it worked well in prying off the stumps. The sides are aggressive enough to rip out inch size roots or stab open a stubborn weed cloth covered with gravel and rip it in manageable chunks.
I have used it to transplant plants with ease. The shape made it easy to slice all around the plant and wedge it up.
It’s strong that it doesn’t bend. I thought the short length will be insufficient but it is enough for my height (I’m short 5’ 4”)
9/6/17 update: I've used it for digging lots of holes and it rips through roots. It also ripped through my sprinkler system PVC pipe. Oops. Luckily, I could fix it myself. Just a caution, dig gently for the first 8" or so, because it will tear up anything but metal.
Most recent customer reviews
I can now divide plants by myself.Read more
Keep it sharp and you will be happy that you spent the extra money for a 'good...Read more