- File Size: 520 KB
- Print Length: 19 pages
- Publication Date: December 9, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AMI77ZG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #25,845 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
Rag Doll Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Silent Corner" by Dean Koontz
A dazzling new series, a pure adrenaline rush, debuts with Jane Hawk, a remarkable heroine certain to become an icon of suspense. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
fascinating and enjoyed the twists and turns. The writing seemed a bit, I think the word might be halted, to me. But the story made up for that and I think this author did a great job. Short stories are hard to write and make them feel like a complete story, the author did a great job with this.
But I will say that the direction change felt like the author wasn't sure how to wrap the story up and chose to take a relatively easy way out of it. It wasn't very satisfying.
Another thing that I noticed is that the entire story is told almost exclusively short declarative sentences. While there is technically nothing wrong with this, it felt more like reading a report or school assignment paper than a story.
One extremely nice aspect is that the story was edited excellently. This is something that I rarely see anymore, especially in short stories as ebooks.
I felt sorry for Jeremy and I was rooting for him to reunite with his son, Todd, who is the light of his world. My one critique of the story is I would've loved if Jeremy's relationship with his wife, Rita was explored more. I would've liked to have read about how they met and the early years in their marriage.
The story was very suspenseful and had me wondering what was going to happen. The plot twist at the end will surprise you and it also ties up a lot of loose ends from the beginning of the story.
My only criticism is that the writing was a bit basic, I longed for richer descriptions of the couple's town, their lives. There was also a typo.
But I overall recommend you spend time with Rag Doll. It's a good time in a book!
Scaling back in length can be a wise decision for writers who are mastering their craft. It's not uncommon for best-sellers who've produced tight, controlled first novels, to produce books that grow at the waste-line--almost as if the authors had forgotten what they knew. In scaling back, this author seized the chance to nail down the narrative basics, pacing and tone before moving on to her first full-length novel.
I enjoyed this sprint immensely--and look forward to her first marathon run.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Dramas & Plays
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Theater
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Drama & Plays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult