|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$30.96 - $70.62 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- 70% Nylon, 30% Spandex
- Machine Wash
- Exclusive contour bands which shape the waist, hips, back and derrière.
- Flexible front and side supports for comfort and shaping.
- Extra Firm Parisian Lace fabric.
- Gripper stretch lace bottom eliminates ride up of leg.
- Invisinet® front lined tummy shaper panel which is unique to Rago®.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Contour Shaping Bands
What are Contour Circle Shaping Bands? What do Rago Circles Do?
Rows of strategically placed bands create shaping and add lift. This has been exclusively developed by the Rago design team and has become the standard for shaping worldwide.
They contour the waist, hips, derriere & thighs.
How do they work?
In the image to the right the bands along the waist act as a cincher to bring in the waist and create that hourglass figure. The bands on the derriere will create a lift and shape the hips in the most flattering manner.
The contour shaping bands designed by Rago has been in the marketplace for the last thirty years. Over the years improvements have been made to fabric and sewing efficiency, guaranteeing a technology that really works. Shoppers agree that the effectiveness of Rago’s Contour Circle Shaping Bands technology is unlike any other. Rago carries over thirty different body types that shape every part of the female form. No other company in the world has this variation of shaping products.
The panel is lined for comfort and tummy control performance. For Rago garments with a high waist feature, on the sides of the paneling there are flexible supports that enables the garment not to roll. The Contour Circle Shaping Bands meet at this panel to create a perfect anchor to the garments structure.
The entire design ensure lift and excellent shaping to the female form.
Highwaist, long leg , “no-roll” bike pant shaper is made of rago®'s parisian lace design with extra-firm control.
- Package Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B009MKQ8B4
- Item model number: 6207
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 9, 2006
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fast forward a few years. Fed up with the limitations of not being able to wear snug garments without the proper support (and with control top pantyhose constantly rolling over and making a crease on my tummy under dresses), I bought this girdle, the Rago 6207 in black. I also ordered the Rago longline bra to go with it in a 36B.
Simply put: I ADORE this girdle.
In the same size as the first girdle I purchased (34), it fits much, much better: snug everywhere it should be, but not so tight that I can't breathe or eat. It's one of the firmest levels of support Rago offers, and I quite like the feel. The lace cuffs are pretty and make a nice gentle transition from my thigh to the leg of the girdle. The patterned powernet material is attractive and actually rather sexy, especially in black. It smooths and firms up my lower torso and bottom very nicely, and with the long-line bra worn over it, there is no muffin top at all, and the two pieces actually nip in my waist a bit more than the girdle does alone.
What I love about the girdle:
- No muffin top with a longline bra over the top - the two are discreet under clothing, even under close fitting outfits.
- It encourages better posture, so I hold my shoulders back and my neck straighter.
- Detachable garters mean I can wear this without stockings if necessary, though I highly prefer stockings to pantyhose or bare legs.
- Way more sexy than Spanx could ever be, especially if you appreciate the vintage/retro aesthetic; I feel like a pinup model.
- Strong, constant control: the rigid lace panel in front doesn't so much suck in excess tummy as it does firm it up and make it a lot more smooth and shapely while remaining comfortable and flexible (if you want to flatten your stomach completely, you'll need to buy a corset).
- No zipper, thus the side seams are shaped identical to each other and smooth, not prone to buckling. (You have to "roll" it off at the end of the day, but it's quite easy once you learn how).
- I sometimes combine the girdle with Berkshire Full Support Stockings for additional support (I work in an office sitting at a computer all day; I have some spider veins on the back of my thighs that I want to keep from turning into varicose veins, and the compression does seem to help).
- Made in the US, and the construction is generally quite good. I've had to make a few very minor repairs to my oldest 6207s (broken stitches and the like), but they're still going strong.
There are a few negative points I've noticed, though:
- The silicone bands on the lace cuffs can be annoying and dig in to your skin slightly if you go bare-legged (the welt of a stocking puts a thin barrier between skin and the silicone, so it's not bothersome most of the time if you wear stockings). The silicone bands also start pulling apart and shedding little pieces with time and wear. The lace cuffs themselves can tear if you're a bit rough with them.
- The split crotch can be a bit annoying and bunch up when donning the girdle. I always just pull down my skirt/pull up my dress, flip the bottom of my bra up, roll the girdle down to use the restroom, and then reverse the process. I'm considering just sewing the crotch up, as I don't use it.
- There are only two suspender clips on each leg, front and back, and they're small enough that they don't always hold reliably during normal wear. I replaced them all with wider elastic and larger suspender clips. I also sewed in an extra suspender on both sides, to give stronger, more distributed support for my stockings.
- The mocha version doesn't come with suspender clips at all; when that color was still being produced Rago removed all suspender clips from the 6207 girdle, but reinstated them after a year or so. I think they discontinued the mocha and beige colors around the same time, hence the remaining old-stock of mocha 6207s are without clips (though the beige 6207s regained them briefly, it seems). Because I can buy the elastic and clips easily and know how to sew them on, it's not a huge issue for me.
- The Rago longline bra only comes in black and white nowadays, so you're limited to black or white in the girdle if you want a matching set, unfortunately, unless you buy them white and have them dyed.
Keep in mind that I wear this style girdle almost every day, so mine get a lot more wear and tear than most people would give them as a special occasion piece of shapewear. I always machine wash them in warm water in a mesh lingerie bag on gentle, and hang them up in the bathroom to dry overnight.
Of this style I now have....two white, one black, and the mocha, with matching longline bras (three white, one black, and one I had dyed to compliment the mocha girdle), and I have no doubt I'll add another set when I can.
I dress like I stepped off the set of Mad Men almost every day, in classic, timeless dresses and skirts, and wearing a girdle underneath just makes the outfit look that much better and sophisticated. As of writing this, I'm 22 years old, and I'm perfectly happy to wear underwear that is now COMPLETELY foreign to my age group, because I feel amazing when I do.
UPDATE---So, I ordered this from another site in the beige color. I ordered it at the same time I ordered the black one from Amazon, but it took much longer to receive. When I did receive the beige one, the fit was awesome! I also couldn't see any lines underneath my dress. It fit much differently than the black one I ordered thru Amazon and I couldn't understand why. I decided to give it another go and ordered it in black from Amazon again. I just received it and it is awesome! I was worried that it would show thru my dresses being black, but it does not. Not sure what happened the first time, but I'm glad I decided to give it another try : ) This is actually more comfortable and easier to move in than the Rago 1294. I also changed my review and gave it 5/5 stars instead of 3/5. Give it a try! I love it!
I purchased this to wear under my wedding dress and it gave me a beautiful silhouette. I've since worn it on a couple of special occasions and every time it has given me a huge confidence boost.
- These are extremely comfortable, which was unexpected!
- Love the lace leg trimming since other shapewear with a straight leg bottom all cuts into my thighs which causes ugly bumps.
- Vintage design.
- Smooths everything out.
- Extremely high waisted (I have a short to medium length torso though).
- Very difficult to pull up the first time, but it got better even on the second time trying on (would really prefer it to have a zip).
- The reason they get a star removed is due to the unusable crotch opening that doesn't exactly work as its intended purpose.
Otherwise, these are the best shapewear shorts I've ever tried.