Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Raider ATV-21 ATV Rear Drop Basket
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on April 16, 2011
I bought this basket even though there were no reviews because the similarly priced Komodo ATVRDB02 basket listed problems with the part that attaches to the ATV rack interfering with seat removal. This Raider basket does not interfere with the seat at all. It is also slightly heavier by over 4 lb, and I hoped that would mean heavier metal throughout. It is in fact a heavy duty basket and well constructed. In particular, look at the rear corners of both baskets to see wire mesh on the Komodo and solid metal on the Raider. The included mounting hardware is likewise heavy duty and worked on my Yamaha 700 Grizzly, but not as well as I would have liked. I used four of the clamps that came with it, but I intend to add at least two U clamps for additional support as the supplied clamps could not be used to secure the basket to the sturdier tubular frame on the Yamaha's rack. The basket part does remove from the frame that goes on the rack if you don't want it there all of the time, but you have to remove four bolts to do it. I am going to look for some kind of quick release bolts to use there instead so that, hopefully, I can remove the basket without needing wrenches. The basket does not hang down so low that it interferes with hooking my trailer up, so I may not want to remove it that often anyway. I would recommend this product to you, and you can't beat the price given the free shipping.
on June 25, 2012
After I got everything out of the box and seperated, it took about 20 minutes to install. I like it, but now that it's on my ATV I wish the back would open to make it a bit easier loading. It's high.

I have a prairie 360 4x4 and it does block the seat release. I found an easy fix.

I tied a 20" piece of clothsline to the release and tied a small handle to the other end. I let this dangle out the back. I just grab the handle from the side and pull while lifting the seat. Works good enough.

I will replace the bolts that hold the hanging part to the base with hitch pins as someone else suggested.

I had to use a rubber mallot to knock one side of the basket down to line the holes up. There's something off there around 3/8" but it works.

This will be a big help around my 7 acreas. Always hauling something around.

OH! One other thing. With the drop down basket on, the trailer hitch is harder to get to. I ordered an 18" extension, but a 24" might be better yet.
on July 28, 2013
This rack is big enough to hold two 5 gallon gas cans and a medium sized cooler. Had a little difficulty attaching it but that was more from the rack on the 4 wheeler than any flaw from the company. After a slight modification to my rack it went on and after 500-ish miles it has worked as advertised.
on January 13, 2016
I love these baskets. I have 2 little boys and they love to go with daddy . They sit perfectly inside the basket. That way i dont worry about them falling off or getting hit by limbs.
Tip.... Drill some holes and put bolts it your atv rack. The mounts that come with the basket are kinda aaaaaahhhh... I put 6 bolts with lock nutts on mine. Yes you drill holes in your rack...but once you use this...you will never take it off...
on August 12, 2011
The basket works pretty good. The mounting hardware waste of space on shelf, not sure what they are for, but not a Honda. I got 4 hook bolts to fix that litle problem. Removeing the basket was a pain with the four bolts, considering that the holes didn't line up exactly right, nothing a drill can't fix, as for the bolts I replaced them with 1/4 inch locking hitch pins. The expanded metal is not as heavy as I would have liked, but it's working for hauling fenceing supply through the woods. I could have took the time, and money, and built one, but not for this price.
on May 10, 2011
I assumed that this item would mount to a composite rack on my atv...I was wrong. I did some modifications and drilled a few holes through the composite rack and used the enclosed hardware. Other than that I really like this item and use it alot on the farm for holding buckets of feed to fencing supplies.
on May 4, 2013
I have this on my 4 wheeler that I use on our farm. It carries everything I need from building fences to keeping my medical box in it when kidding season is here. It will hold a lot of weight and it has taken the punishment that I give it each and every day. It was easy to install and take off if you need to. Mine stays on all the time. Great product.
on August 11, 2014
Arrived in the promised time frame. Came with multiple options for mounting. None allowed for seat removal on our Polaris Trail Boss but that is not unexpected with a universal fit item. Happy with the quality of the product, quite sturdy. Only thing about the transaction I was not happy about was the Amazon shipping. The vendors seem to do a better job than Amazon itself when it comes to shipping. Product arrived in a previously opened carton with a packing slip that indicated it must have been a return. Think they left out some product separators. The box had been dragged around eating away the cardboard and exposed the metal. Little touch up spray paint and we were good to go.It is a work vehicle, not show vehicle.
on May 29, 2012
I was a little worried about buying something like this off the net. I like the touchy-feely way myself.
When it arrived, I was glad to see that it is of decent quality, along with fast shipping.
I hung it on my can-am four wheeler using quick clamps.
None of the supplied mounting brackets were to my liking, so I got a buddy to make me a couple of brackets from a sketch I made to mount it with.
It turned out great!
This is a good product. You won't be disappointed.
on March 15, 2015
This was installed on a 2014 Honda Rincon. Supplied hardware is useless but I used some U bolts to mount it. The rear detachable basket has already broken off with very little use. No heavy objects were being carried, just riding around.