Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rail-Trails Midwest Great Lakes: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 17, 2009
This book provides the most up-to-date review(s) of the rail-to-trails here in Ohio. It is the most recent accounting of these trails and is very informative and useful for trail navigation and location.
on June 5, 2013
This edition is a little dated, but still very useful as a reference and trip planner. We love riding rail-trails wherever we go, and the guide will be with us this summer when we head to Indiana. The guide books always have great information about the trails and directions to them, so we never leave home without at least one. Bargain price, too!
on May 3, 2013
I like that a clear overview map is included for every ride so you get a good sense of the ride before you go. The good descriptions of what you'll see along the way help chose a ride. You have to read the detailed descriptions to tell how much of a ride is actually on a trail, versus streets or highways, and even then it's not always real clear. Since it focuses on rail-trails, many fine and fairly level trails aren't included. Finally, keep in mind that that the book is copyright 2009. With many new trails being built every year, you may find it not completely up-to-date.
on May 2, 2013
I am from Indiana, but got this book for a bike trip to Wisconsin with my family. First the good. There is a description, a little of the natural history or a bit about the area, a map of each trip which tells you roughly where parking and bathrooms are and detailed directions to one start location.

Now the problems. At the beginning of each state section is a map. This is my start place, especially since I am unfamiliar with the offerings in Wisconsin. The tours are numbered but organized alphabetically for each tour. I would have appreciated if either A) they listed the page where each of the tours are (I found myself having to flip back and forth from the maps to narrow in and find the tours OR if they simply numbered each tour geographically. This is minor inconvenience and won't be an issue to some. My second problem is a more serious though. As I said, I'm from Indiana; the chapter map of Indiana is in error. Ride #28, listed as "Monon Trail" a ride that starts in Carmel (central Indiana to downtown Indianapolis is shown way up in NW Indiana. This represents one problem I know of. Since I need these maps to pick trails I will now have to coordinate the maps with web searches to confirm the locations of the tours, certainly less than ideal for a book that should be stand alone.

That said these are problems that you can easily work around; but at almost $19 I would have preferred fewer issues.
on March 1, 2016
This is an awesome reference book!! I bought it mainly for the trails in Michigan. I have walked over 300 miles of the rail to trails in the state of Michigan and now I look forward, with the help of these maps and locations, walking the other 1500 miles of rails to trails in Michigan.
Also anything received from Amazon is just wonderful. Their service is exceptional! I'm very very pleased with Amazon Prime.
on June 18, 2013
purchased this as a gift for my wife. we had just biked the cardinal greenway trail in Richmond, IN. This trail goes to Muncie. None of the trail info from Richmond to Muncie is in the book, even though that part of the trail has been done for a while. An ok resource.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 9, 2015
This book is a good place to start but is not all inclusive. It is also a bit dated but it does give you a good place to start on researching bike trails.
on May 21, 2013
Thanks; Book is excellent. Transaction flawless. I would highly recommend this book if you live in the midwest. Lots of good information on trails.
on March 3, 2013
A GOOD OVERVIEW OF GREAT HIKING AND BIKING AREAS. I LOOK FORWARD TO EXPLORING SOME OF THESE GREAT LOCATIONS IN THE MIDWEST.
on July 6, 2016
I like the range of states, the maps, pictures and scads of information about the trails. Very informative.