Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rain Bird BVAL50-1S Drip Irrigation 1/2" Barbed Valve, Male x Male
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Valve for use with 1/2" Drip irrigation tubing
- Top cap turns to adjust or completely shut off water flow
- Self-piercing design; use with 1/4" Drip tubing or insert into 1/2" or larger Drip tubing
- 1/2" barbed ends accept most brands of 1/2" Drip tubing
- Ideal way to control water flow to individual plants and planting containers
- Constructed of highly durable UV and chemical-resistant materials to assure long life
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 1 x 3.5 inches|
|Material Type||U.V. Resistant Plastic|
|Shipping Weight||0.02 pounds|
Rain Bird BVAL50-1S Drip Irrigation 1/2" Barbed Valve. Install this robust barbed valve to quickly adjust or shut off flow in 1/2" and 5/8" Drip tubing runs. Helps prevent over or under watering of plants with different moisture needs. Top cap turns to adjust or completely shut-off water flow; ideal for use when making repairs or refining flow to specific plants or watering zones. High-quality barbs grab 5/8" and 1/2" Drip tubing creating a fast, secure and leak-proof connection that stays in place season after season. Constructed of highly durable UV and chemical-resistant materials to assure long life. Designed for working pressure of 0-50 PSI. Simple to insert by hand or for faster installation use Rain Bird's barbed insertion tool: FT/1PK50S (sold separately). Rain Bird “The Intelligent Use of Water”
Top customer reviews
The review is titled: "READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY!!!, June 10, 2016 By InTartifletteWeTrust"
Save yourself the headache and PAY ATTENTION TO IT IN ORDER TO ENSURE THIS WILL WORK FOR YOUR SETUP.
I agree with the review cited above in that the product is exceptional if sized correctly.
5 stars for the product; 0 Stars for Amazon and Rain Bird for not properly defining the product; and for misleading by shipping a variant of the product that DOESN'T match the specific image depicted.
Antelco, the (real) manufacturer makes this valve in many flavors and sizes.
The valve can be found in 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20 and 25 mm (See chart, picture #1)
Here comes the surprise:
Amazon/Rainbird shows you a 15mm shank (See picture #3) but they send you a 14mm (Exhibit #3A)
>> The 14 mm (0.550 in.) is NOT to be used with generic polytubing 0.600 inch ID (DIG, Home Depot, Lowes, Drip Depot, etc.) it will pop-off under pressure or when the sun heats the tubing.
As in the USA there is no standard for 1/2 in. irrigation tubing, it depends on the brand of tubing you are using.
- For those using a Rain Bird Polytubing, this is the right one (14mm) AS LONG AS you are using a pressure reducer 30 PSI or below. Above 30 PSI use hose clamps or Antelco Valve Ref 45555 (15mm shank) or a Perma-loc valve (Drip Depot SKU 1191). With Perma-Loc, you'll burst the tube before it leaks.
- For those using a DIG, or generic polytubing, this is NOT the right one. You will need a 16mm one. If you use a 16 mm shank (Drip Depot SKU 1607 Antelco Ref 45515 )
For generic Polytubing 0.600 ID, If you still want this 14 mm one, I would then - strongly- suggest 2 hose clamps, or consider option #3: http://amzn.to/2qHAHba see below.
Please be aware that the 16mm is extremely hard to insert in Rain Bird Polytubing. Please choose the 14mm instead (sold here on this page)
Valve Operating pressure up to 300Kpa / 3 bar / 45 PSI
Valve material: UV resistant, BODY: acetal STEM: polypropylene COVER: acetal
Rain Bird tubing: ID 0.540 / OD 0.630 ID 13.71mm / OD 16mm
DIG / Generic ID 0.600 / OD 0.700 ID 15.24mm / OD 17.78mm
For those looking to a *removable* 1/2 in. valve, Perma Loc coupling valve: http://amzn.to/2qHAHba you could not miss it. Max pressure 60 PSI