Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rain-X 800001809 Headlight Restoration Kit
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on January 22, 2011
My boyfriend bought this for his 2000 CRV. His headlights were foggy and yellow and we were thinking we'd have to have them replaced all together they were so bad. So on a whim he bought this. The first one he did turned out amazing. It looked almost new. We could stand back and the difference between the two lights looked like 50 years of wear and tear. The second one turned out even better cause he knew exactly what he was doing. We used to not be able to tell we had our lights on, but now the reflective lights shine back for half a mile down the street.
44 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2011
A guy at O'Reilly's Auto parts recommended this over the others so I tried it. It works great. The other brands may work too but this was cheaper and I didn't have to use a drill. As far as the elbow grease mentioned in the other reviews, they must not get much exercise. It was pretty easy. I bought a 2000 Honda and I could barely see at night and now it's back to normal.
on May 26, 2013
I did my headlight lenses with this kit in Jan 2012, and am now considering doing this again. I don't think I used enough sealant the first time around, but I definitely have enough left in the kit to do a second time. Here's the image of my before and after from Jan 2012. http://i.imgur.com/WcXqvh.jpg
review image
on December 20, 2011
I used this on my 1999 Dodge Ram pickup and there is a significant difference if you look at the before and after. There is a lot of product in the box to do your lights many many times. The included microfiber towel that came with it had a Shell logo on it - I thought that was kind of odd, but it worked well nonetheless.

Doing both headlights took me about 45 minutes and the second headlight went faster, naturally.

The scratch pads are a little small to hold on to but do a good enough job.

one note with the final stage, when you put the finishing compound on it; when I put the last step on the headlight I moved to the other headlight and finished it. After that I looked at the first headlight and it had a fair amount of excess stuff left on it. I gently wiped up the rest of it with a clean paper towel and they really sparkle.
review image
on February 9, 2011
I watched the youtube video before proceeding (though instructions on the package are pretty basic i figured it wouldn't hurt). It takes quite a bit of elbow grease, that's definitely true, but the results are awesome! I spent about 20min per headlight and it went from being a hazy hard to see through mess, to a crystal clear plastic cover. And there's easily enough chemicals in there for 5-6 cars (or 5-6 applications on a single car).
on June 26, 2011
I have been seeing the informercials for a headlight restoration product for some time. The headlights on my 2001 Corolla had gone a bit yellow over the years. I leave for work before sunrise so I want my headlights to illuminate the road as much as possible.

My husband and I opted for the Rain-X product because we are familiar with the quality. (I have very little faith in any "As Seen on TV" products.) I was going to be the one doing the work so I was hoping it wasn't going to take a lot of elbow grease. I just finished the job and WOW! My headlights haven't looked that good for years. It took me about a half hour and I didn't have to work hard at all. I have enough product left that I could do the job again every few months if necessary.
on August 28, 2011
I purchased this product due to the excellent reviews it got on Amazon. When I applied it to the left headlamp of my 2004 GTO, the headlight looked like new. Totaly amazing. I did work hard at it to make sure it came out good, but the effort was rewarded with a new looking headlamp. I had previously used a Mothers kit with a Power Ball. It just moved the junk around on the surface and spattered cleaner all over the place.
Before and after pictures can be viewed in customer pictures.
Good luck. I'm sure you will be happy with your results.
review image review image review image review image
on August 29, 2011
Spent about 30 minutes per headlight, one hour total. Definitely got to put your back into it, and the first step is the most important. Just before you do the final step which is to put the sealant on, the headlights still looked a bit hazy. However, after I put the sealant on, the headlights cleared up amazingly and looked good as new. My only concern is how long this sealant will last. It seems to be like a polish that may wash off with a good rain or car wash. I foresee it wearing off in a few weeks and the headlights going back to their hazy appearance. For the time being though, this did an amazing job for sure. Will let you know how long it lasts.
on April 17, 2015
use this kit or any kit, or heck wet sandpiper of the 400 and 600 grades, then buy CLEARCOAT, thats what you spray on both your paint and plastics... the stuff in this kit is cheap version of clearcoat, hence its short lifespan, the thicker the clear coat the longer it lasts, its actually the clear coat from the factory that causes the haze, as it gets pitted by debris, causing a fog, you then sand it off and smooth then reapply clearcoat, only this time use better grade that you can get at the home depot or lowes, just go to the paint section and ask if you need more help
on October 1, 2013
Received this product yesterday and immediately put it to work. It was a simple process, takes very little time, although I took my time doing it. Pretty much 6 steps and you're done. Clean your lights, use the course sandpaper pad which removes the yellowed, oxidized layer, followed by the medium and fine pads to smooth and clarify the plastic lens. Then rub in and remove the polishing cream and apply the sealant last for that extra shine. Once it got dark I really noticed the difference in lighting, a much whiter and brighter shine that really covers the road ahead. I'm very happy with this product, it was cheap and there's plenty of it left for many more restorations in the future. Anyone with plastic headlights shouldn't hesitate to purchase this to get rid of that yellow haze that plagues this now common plastic. It's so easy to do, there's no reason not to. I've added my set of results pictures as well.
review image review image review image