Other Sellers on Amazon
RainMachine Touch HD-12, Cloud Independent, The Forecast Sprinkler, Wi-Fi Irrigation Controller, 6,5 inch, Compatible with Alexa
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Save water with daily weather adjustments. Use multiple weather data sources from NOAA, METNO or Wunderground to create a redundant and accurate weather network for your garden. Use Netatmo or other Personal Weather Station for hyper-local weather intelligence.
- 2nd Generation. IPhone and Android, PC browser access with beautiful dashboard stats, seamlessly control from anywhere: Home, Work or Vacation.
- EPA WaterSense certified. Check local water municipality for rebates!. Rain machine connects via wifi and downloads weather data every 6 hours. Indoor use only.
- Open API, integrate with Alexa, Nest, WINK and SmartThings through IFTTT. RainMachine is cloud independent by design, all personal data stored locally, only reliance is NOAA.GOV weather forecast, continues to work even when Wi-Fi is down..Bright 6.5 inch color touch screen display allows full control and monitoring form RainMachine itself.
- AC input:24 VAC. Forecast spatial resolution: up to 1.5 Km
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Easy to Install
No expensive contractors needed for the job. Simple step by step DIY instructions. Live phone support available seven days a week!
RainMachine installation is guaranteed to be easier than your old device! Need to say more? Welcome to the future!
Weather Data Sources
The RainMachine gets weather forecast from NOAA.GOV, Metno, Forecast.io, NetAtmo, or Wunderground Personal Weather Station for precise, realtime weather information.
The RainMachine updates weather data several times per day just to calculate the right amount of water for your plants!
Start Saving Now!
Depending on your climate, and if weather permitting, record water savings of up to 80% (per week or even per month!) can be achieved with the RainMachine.
Because of substantial savings on your water bill, the RainMachine will pay itself in less than two years, fastest payback of any green IOT appliance!
Our RainMachine is WaterSense Certified for efficiency and performance.
Check for rebates with your local water agency and start saving now!
Rebates up to the full cost of your RainMachine can be obtained from your Water Agency. Start saving now!
iOS and Android apps: RealTime Monitoring
Our Dashboard displays everything needed to know about your garden and weather!
Obsessing about details? Rotate the phone into landscape mode and dive into panoramic weekly/monthly/yearly graphs!
Look for the free rainmachine app on Apple Store or Google Play Store and start controlling your RainMachine.
Connect from anywhere
Garden from any screen or web browser. PC and Laptops equipped with any kind of modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE).
The RainMachine can be accessed from anywhere in the world. Enjoy your RainMachine from home, work or when away in vacation!
Unique touch interface on the device itself provides ultimate control experience.
Starting or stopping a zone or a program are available from a simple splash-proof capacitive touch interface.
Dark garage?: no problem! Our white LED illuminated touch keys to the rescue!
Simplicity Perfected: When not in use, the RainMachine will display only one piece of information: a brightly lit Wi-Fi icon, visible from up to 20ft away.
|RainMachine Mini-8 2nd gen||RainMachine HD-12 2nd gen||RainMachine HD-16||Other IoT controller|
|Number of zones||8 (7 when using Master Valve)||12 (11 when using Master Valve)||16 (15 when using Master Valve)||8 to 16|
|Multiple Weather Services||✓||✓||✓||NO|
|Rain and Wind Sensitivity||✓||✓||✓||NO|
|Forecast and Measured Data||✓||✓||✓||NO|
|Local Web Interface||✓||✓||✓||NO|
|Android & iOS app||✓||✓||✓||✓|
The WiFi Forecast Sprinkler. Conserve water. The RainMachine sprinkler controller automatically adjusts your watering amount by lowering it on rainy or colder days and increasing it on hot summer days. The system not only saves water but it also protects your plants. The versatility of each program is unprecedented: select individual weekdays, Even/Odd day mode, Cycle and Soak, or Station Delay. Run the programs one-at-a-time, sequentially or even in parallel! The RainMachine WIFI sprinkler timer is designed to handle possible conflicts, like simultaneous commands to the same valve or overlapping schedules. NOAA. A weather-ready nation. Your RainMachine sprinkler controller connects via WIFI and gets the best weather data available on earth. NOAA employs satellites, radars, weather stations and highly qualified meteorologists, delivering the most accurate weather forecast on the planet. Complex mathematical models that run on huge data centers are free for you to use in your garden. Yes, free, already paid from your tax money. Using your exact street location, the RainMachine sprinkler timer downloads precise weather data, accommodating to specific micro-climates. Let it rain! No data? No problem. Switch to statistics. When no forecast data is available the RainMachine will automatically switch to historical weather statistics. This way the RainMachine conserves water even if the Internet goes down. Garden from any screen. Easy connect. Easy control. Garden from iPhone, garden from Android, garden from any screen. The application automatically discovers all RainMachines on your local network and makes them accessible through an easy to use and secure interface. http://www.rainmachine.com
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, if I love the RainMachine so much way only four stars you may ask. Well, my brand new controller arrived with a defective zone. One of the 12 zones will not activate. I know that things are going to happen, so I'm not so concerned about this one issue. What is more important to me is how a company stands behind their products-- I think that says a lot. I have sent an email to their support and I'm waiting to see how they handle my problem. From everything I've read in other reviews about Green Electronics I have no reason to believe that I will get anything less then stealer service. Once I know more I will update my review.
UPDATE: I was contacted by support within a couple hours and they informed me that I needed to do a firmware upgrade to fix my issue. The upgrade was a simple process that I completed from the Rainmachine app on my phone and only took a few minutes. After the upgrade my issue was resolved. I'm impressed with the quick response from support and my HD-12 is working great now. I'll update my review again once I've used the HD-12 for a while.
I've been using the Rain Machine for a while now and it still works as well as the day I purchased, no issues. Green Electronics has update the firmware a few times and has added additional features. One I really like is the ability to choose other weather data providers, such as Weather Underground. Weather Underground is a whole weather eco system on it's own, which allows me to get weather data from other user's stations, one as close as a mile from my home. If you pick multiple providers then it averages the data from all your choices. Using weather data to help control the amount of water I'm using has saved me 80% over a conventinal "set and forget" stock controller... and that is a good return on my investment.
1) Lawn looks great
2) Water usage is way down
3) I can easily monitor activity from apps/web
It's fairly easy to setup once wired. Even though it has an easy & simple touch interface, I primarily use the web and mobile apps (ios & android) to make updates or mostly look at what its been doing, as the unit is in a remote, difficult location in the basement.
I evaluated all of the watering the assumptions used for my old controller. I was able to use a 3 day field capacity versus 2 for most zones, and a short mid-day program for 3 'hot zones' in the sun. This causes it to water much less often and as a result use much less water. I could not have changed this on the old controller, as it had one setting and that was based on the worst case hot weather. The RM uses internet weather data adjusts!
Wiring was my biggest challenge. I have (3) 13-wire bundles coming from the yard, and unfortunately those didn't line up neatly under the RM in a manageable way. In addition, multiple 'Common' and 'Master valve' wires did not easily 'jam' into the RM's small terminals. My solution was to make a terminal wiring box from a Carlon junction box, terminals and a few feet of sprinkler wire... all from Home Depot. While it took a little time, its durable and manageable. Pictures are attached.
Two things to be aware of,
1) You have to have wifi to use the weather updates and mobile apps, and wifi has to reach the RM's installation location. It works without internet, but it will not know it rained, its cooler, etc to reduce watering
2) If you have a master valve or pump, you can use it, but you will lose one of the 16 zones to that purpose (Zone 1 will be configured for pump/mv control).
Finally, if you are an advanced technical user, the API is very thorough. I have an ISY home automation controller with Nodelink, and use it to push alerts to me when programs run and for how long. I also use it to drive my 'hot zones' program so that it runs only when needed. I also have a Hydreon rain sensor on the ISY, and use readings from that to push delays into the RM's 'Snooze' so it doesn't water.
- Better IMHO than Rachio. I bought a Rachio and Rain Machine to test them side-by-side. I looked at a few others, too. I like Rain Machine best (even though it doesn't yet support flow sensors nor HomeKit (see below)).
- Easy to set up and use from the App or the web interface.
- I use two on my property now and will be adding a 3rd. App and website easily manage multiple devices. (The wifi irrigation devices I've looked at can only run one zone at a time, but my well system can operate 3 zones at a time, so I've plumbed my property to allow for 3 irrigation systems).
- Sad that it doesn't support Apple HomeKit. Rain Machine, please add HomeKit support. I can control the rest of my house with Siri, and it would be great to add Rain Machine to that. 5 Start when you do.
- Doesn't support flow sensors (I'd like to install one so I can measure water usage, and see when the system is leaking).
- Not sure if it is reading my rain sensor. I have a personal weather station with a rain sensor that is connected to wunderground, Rain Machine says it has successfully connected to that weather station, but the sprinklers came on during a pretty decent rain the other day. The RM instructions say it can use a PWS rain sensor, but I can't find where rain machine says it is using the rain sensor of that station.
- Add HomeKit
- In setting schedules, I would really like to set the _stoping time_ to a set time or relative to sunrise (or sunset). Right now, I can set the _start time_, so I have to look at the duration, then do the math to sunrise.