Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 587 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 620 reviews
on April 29, 2014
See the pictures I uploaded under "Customer Images." The color is one thing, but the sandals I received were NOT leather. They felt like stiff rubber. We bought another pair from a local store and compared and the difference is night and day. The real ones from the local store were much softer, smoother. The (I'm assuming fake) Rainbow ones have this small, poorly stamped logo on them was you can see in the photos. I looked all over Rainbow's website and cannot find anything like the sandals we received. Completely ripped off.
review image review image
44 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2015
For the fit it's sort of hard to say it's about true.. I feel like maybe once it's broken in it would fit better. So I can't really say much on that yet. I'm between 6.5-7 and I got a medium. One of my biggest concerns upon placing this order was if they were authentic or not. Come to find out they are indeed authentic rainbows. Whoever posted about them being fake must have been a long time ago or something so.. I mean I think that comment should be deleted considering how many found it useful and gave it a thumbs up. I'm sure at one point that was a very accurate review... But somewhere after that it obviously changed... And it's the first top rated review you see. All in all these ARE REAL AUTHENTIC RAINBOWS. Due to the fact of my uncertainty I requested to cancel the order before it was even shipped and I had placed in other order on the actual rainbow sandal website then you got told by Amazon that I could not cancel my transaction and I would either have to refuse delivery when it came or I would have to return the pair sandals. I probably made things more complicated than I had to buy I would have been rather peeved if they were fake and I didn't want chance lucking out on like $50. Once I received both orders I took a quick peek at both of them the one from the rainbow website and the ones I ordered here on Amazon. The both look the same size the logos are the same they both are sturdy so ..... They're fine... Except that I just spent money on two . Had I not ordered the other ones I would have kept these plus I like this dark brown more than the lighter brown/sand color I ordered on rainbow.

Breaking in sucks. The part between your toes and where that "V" point where the straps meet is what hurts most. I started them off by wearing them in the shower and I want to say that really helped breaking them in right from the start due to the fact they are sooooo stiff the water seems to make it a little more flexible. Also heard single arch should be best for most. I heard about rainbows at work recently and about 8/12 employees wear them and those who do all own a pair of a single arch and 1/8 say single does nothing. But just goes to show how many ACTUALLY need a double arch; that's A HIGH ARCH. A single arch is pretty good and it's comfy. I would recommend getting single. The only way I'd say get double is... You know when you go to the beach you walk in the sand next to the water you see your foot print... If you see less of a foot print around your arch area I'd maybe say to get a double. I don't have flat feet but I have a normal decent arch and single is doing just fine and even better once I break these in. Probably not the most useful of review maybe confusing but hope it helps. Took pictures of the sandals and the ones I ordered on rainbows web. Mine are the lighter pair as I already mentioned. Shipping was pretty quick but still they could have Canceled the order since it wasn't being shipped for another 2-3 days when I had requested it <--that's why 4 star. Sort of peeved me. The ones I ordered from the rainbow website only took a couple days to get use to trying to break them in. I now have no problem wearing them day to day. I wear them at the beach and they are fine (:
review image review image review image review image review image
on September 24, 2016
These are great if you have super narrow feet. I don't consider my feet wide and they don't fit at all in terms of width. I wore them on a 20 minute walk and had the worst blisters of my life. I've bought thick strap rainbows in the past and they fit perfectly, but these are just seriously narrow. Don't waste your money unless you have very narrow feet. They never stretched and 50 went in the trash. I give it 2 stars instead of 1 because I know the quality of these sandals are really good, its just the width that is unacceptable.
on July 26, 2016
This is my 4th pair of Rainbow sandals. They are perfect in size, and, as always, give excellent arch support and all day wearable comfort. The only problem with this order was that the description on Amazon stated that they are the premier leather finish (a more matte, soft leather) and they arrived as the classic leather (a more hearty, shiny looking finish of the leather). Not a terrible thing, but if you're paying $50 for a pair of flip flops, you want what the description says and receive what you order. They are a fine looking sandal, don't get me wrong, but I thought I was getting the premier leather (hence, the 4-star in lieu of the 5-star rating.)

I contacted Island Surf, and they replied with "Unfortunately, as this is an Amazon.com order and fulfilled by Amazon, we are unable to process any issues with this item." Amazon offered a refund. I don't want a refund, but simply an exchange for the item that I ordered. Will update with any info. that comes along.
review image review image
on April 18, 2017
I'm not a fan. Love Rainbow's but these are too narrow. I was under the impression the straps were narrow, which they are... But so is the whole "sole". I have a wider foot, so they fit the way I expected.
on March 15, 2017
These seem small. Ordered that same size Rainbows that I usually wear. Although I still haven't broken them in, the leather seems different than my past Rainbows, like they are knock-offs or something. I'll have to wait and see if they get soft like they are supposed to.
on September 14, 2013
Growing up in Orange County, rainbows have always been "the" sandal to own and people love them and you know I feel like I should own them if I am so say I am a southern Californian. The last pair my dog ate, so I bought another pair and I just don't love them. They are "long" enough to fit but there is like an inch of extra toe room because I have stubby toes and my heel comes right to the edge. So I feel like they look stupid on my feet. There is definitely no love of them. I bought a pair of $9 Airwalk sandals at Payless that I love more, but they make my feet black, which I don't love.

Anyway, I wont return them because I wore them and I am hoping that maybe in time they will grow on me, although I am thinking about taking them to a shoe place to see if I can get the top inch taken off...
on June 22, 2016
The MOST comfortable pair of flip flops I've ever owned. Granted it does take a day or two to break in, but after that, I never want to wear anything else! Great support and high quality material. Highly recommend! I've been wearing these for about a month now and they are the best!
on August 24, 2016
These sandals also support my arch,so can wear them all day. I like the way they look, classy,yet understated.
on March 20, 2016
I assumes that with the shoe being the size 7.5-8.5, it would be fine with an 8.5 sized foot. Unfortunately was not, foot nearly hung off the shoe. Had to return.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.