Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rainbow Sandals Women's Flirty Braidy Single Layer Classic Leather Sandal
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 14, 2014
This is an excellent Flipflop. As stated in other reviews, they need to be broken in before a long wear. They are initially stiff but after wearing them around the house after work/evenings for 3-4 days they are perfect. I was concerned about the size, I am a 7.5, but the medium (6.5-7.5) was perfect.
on April 17, 2015
I love rainbow sandals and I have no problem with the actual product however on this page it lists the large as a 7.5-8.5 and rainbow actually sizes their large as a 10 (photo attached). So I was pretty disappointed to receive my 7.5-8.5 flip flop and realize it was way too big. Will return for a new pair that fits- just a heads up to be cautious of the sizing listed on this Amazon product.
review image
on March 20, 2012
I love rainbow sandals but as a girl, I dont really enjoy the standard design with the really thick straps. Ive owned the this straps before and now that Ive found the braided design, Im in love! The only complaint I could come up with is that one of the sandals sends to twist a little at the base of the braid so I have to fix it every once in a while, but otherwise, very cute and of course, very comfortable. I love Rainbow sandals.
on October 13, 2015
I'm a 7.5 a little wide but my mediums fit great tight at first but you gotta break them in then the straps loosen just a bit, also your foot begins to indent for a perfect fit. Great lasting sandals ADDED PLUS they don't make that flapping noise sandals make at all!!!! Smooth bottoms!
review image review image
on April 6, 2016
Anyone who has a pair of Rainbows knows that it's a bitch to break them in, but once you do, they are YOURS AND YOURS FOREVER.

That's why I was hesitating so long on buying new ones when ONE of my previous pair went missing a la Cinderella. I kept waiting for Prince Charming to bring it to me. When the prince came but I remained without a left shoe, I bit the bullet. Breaking these shoes in SUCKS. Just like any leather shoes (looking at you Sperrys), get them hot and wet and wear them in. You'll hate life for a bit but it makes it way easier in the long run. Basically you want to jump in a pool with them on and wear them around all day after and let them dry around your feet in that shape.

After a few weeks, once you get over some blisters, you will have your favorite shoes that are lovely and nobody understands why they're awesome. Then you protect them forever so you don't have to buy them again.
on April 28, 2015
Little rough breaking them in, the braided strap rubbed the sides of my feet raw which are now healing
review image
on August 17, 2014
They changed the sizing on Rainbows some years ago and I hate it. Large is considerably too big and medium too small. And I have a really common sized foot, a size 8. The large is supposed to be 7.5-8.5 but runs way big. It's a bummer but they are still the best flip flops so I run around looking a bit daft anyways!
on June 17, 2014
I have been a loyal Rainbows wearer since high school. I like my latest pair a lot. The braided strap is very cute. They fit as expected- I normally wear a 7.5 and went with the medium, a good fit. Like all Rainbows they are kind of painful to break in, but once they're broken in, they're the most comfortable shoes you'll own
on June 2, 2015
I'm definitely happy with this purchase. Always nervous to buy shoes on the internet but was satisfied with the fit and size of the shoe based on the recommendations. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone! It is a very comfortable shoe once "broken" in after a few wears. Don't get them wet but able to wear with any outfit and on the beach. This type of flip flow is pretty narrow. I have yet to see any larger widths unless you purchase the rainbows with the wider straps. Those tend to have a wider fit. But altogether I am very happy with this purchase.
on June 27, 2016
I got my new Rainbow's in the mail this week. Initially I was worried to spend $50 on flip flops, but I was sick of paying $15 for a new cheap pair every summer. So I bit the bullet and shelled out $50 for these Sandals. After a week of wearing them this is what I can tell you.

The look - They are super cute! the braid on the side is a nice touch, they are simple enough to wear with shorts and a tank and dressy enough to wear with a summer dress/skirt. I live in NC and lucky enough to work in a casual atmosphere, so I'm in Flip Flops all summer long so I needed something that was appropriate to wear for work and play, to dress up and down and that was going to be comfy on my foot all day.

The comfort - As most of the reviewers on here say - these sandals are not comfortable right out of the box - they are a bit stiff and the thong is a bit tight but i'm sure since its leather it just needs to be broken in. The quality seems to be very good. I'l update the comfort factor in a month or so once they've broken in. Like a good pair of leather boots needs to be worked in - i'm sure once they're formed to my feet they'll be great.

The size - I bought a Medium in this sandals and they are a bit narrow, thankfully i have a narrow foot so this is a non-issue for me, but use common sense, if you wear a wide width shoe most of the time, you're going to need a wider sandal - and this is not it. From the most wide part of the sandal (near the balls of your foot) it measures 3.75 inches and from the most narrow part (near the arch) it measures 2 13/16ths of an inch. In regards to sizing in general, if you visit Rainbows website you can view the sizing chart for how long the sandal is, so you'll know what size to buy. I normally wear a size 6.5, my foot is 9 inches long, I went with a Medium because "Medium Rainbows - 6.5-7.5 shoe size - 10" long" according to their website. When I measure the sandal, it is 10 inches long, but it is from the most round part at the top very edge most round part at the bottom edge (usually not space your foot is going to occupy). I'd say this is more of a 6.5-7 size shoe, not sure a 7.5 would fit, you might want to go to large for that shoe size.

So far I'm happy with this sandal - I rated only 4 stars because they are not super comfy yet - if/when they break in properly, I'll come back and update this post.