Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 725 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 754 reviews
on June 27, 2016
I got my new Rainbow's in the mail this week. Initially I was worried to spend $50 on flip flops, but I was sick of paying $15 for a new cheap pair every summer. So I bit the bullet and shelled out $50 for these Sandals. After a week of wearing them this is what I can tell you.

The look - They are super cute! the braid on the side is a nice touch, they are simple enough to wear with shorts and a tank and dressy enough to wear with a summer dress/skirt. I live in NC and lucky enough to work in a casual atmosphere, so I'm in Flip Flops all summer long so I needed something that was appropriate to wear for work and play, to dress up and down and that was going to be comfy on my foot all day.

The comfort - As most of the reviewers on here say - these sandals are not comfortable right out of the box - they are a bit stiff and the thong is a bit tight but i'm sure since its leather it just needs to be broken in. The quality seems to be very good. I'l update the comfort factor in a month or so once they've broken in. Like a good pair of leather boots needs to be worked in - i'm sure once they're formed to my feet they'll be great.

The size - I bought a Medium in this sandals and they are a bit narrow, thankfully i have a narrow foot so this is a non-issue for me, but use common sense, if you wear a wide width shoe most of the time, you're going to need a wider sandal - and this is not it. From the most wide part of the sandal (near the balls of your foot) it measures 3.75 inches and from the most narrow part (near the arch) it measures 2 13/16ths of an inch. In regards to sizing in general, if you visit Rainbows website you can view the sizing chart for how long the sandal is, so you'll know what size to buy. I normally wear a size 6.5, my foot is 9 inches long, I went with a Medium because "Medium Rainbows - 6.5-7.5 shoe size - 10" long" according to their website. When I measure the sandal, it is 10 inches long, but it is from the most round part at the top very edge most round part at the bottom edge (usually not space your foot is going to occupy). I'd say this is more of a 6.5-7 size shoe, not sure a 7.5 would fit, you might want to go to large for that shoe size.

So far I'm happy with this sandal - I rated only 4 stars because they are not super comfy yet - if/when they break in properly, I'll come back and update this post.
on June 25, 2016
I never believed in spending over $50 for a pair of flip flops but after getting a gift card from a friend to Amazon I decided to invest in a pair of rainbows before I went to college. I've had my pair for a week and even though they're not worn in completely get and it hurts a little, they're still very comfy and feel very sturdy compared to flip flops I've bought in the past that will probably last a few months at the most before they break. They're also very versatile and I can wear them with almost anything without feeling like I'm just a bum going to the beach.
review image
on March 2, 2016
These flip-flops are wonderful! They provide excellent support and are soooo cute! They do take a little bit to break in but I feel like I had a much easier time breaking them in than some others who reviewed them. I never got blisters--the worst that happened for me was that 1) in-between my toes felt a little bruised after my second day wearing them (because I haven't been wearing flip-flops for a long time because we're just coming out of winter now where I live) and 2) where the arch support is is almost too much support for me. I have flat feet though so if you have arched feet at all I'm sure they would be great. And even for my flat feet, I can tell the shoe is conforming to my specific foot and the tiny bit of discomfort I felt there initially is wearing off. I definitely recommend these!
on August 30, 2013
Rainbow sadals newbie here. I've heard about them a lot in previous years & how they hurt at first. Also about how they're durable (although our dog chewed my bf's sandals one time) So I finally decided to get a pair after seeing an ad in an O.C. Food* magazine, the Ferrari in the background was a sign these puppies were for me. I like the unique braided leather but I couldn't find the full-strap braid versions (where the top strap is all braid) so I got these.

At first, it was tight on my initial try-on but like every shoe, it gets better with age! So you gotta wear it as much as you can & then it gradually becomes very comfortable & easier to wear. Regulary, I'm a size 8 in sandals but 8.5-9 in sneakers so I opted for the "large" & it fits great. I have wide feet & didn't find it narrow at all, my whole feet fit just fine inside of them.

The combination of your foot's oil/perspiration/dirt (I'm assuming) will gradually rub onto the leather soles, so you will see a dark pigmentation of the outlyning of your foot after your 2nd-3rd week of normal wear, so just keep that in mind (esp if you get the lighter colored ones.) which is why I went with the choco color but now im thinking that I should have gone with the tan color. Oh well! Love them still! Definitely worth it's price.
on April 17, 2015
I love rainbow sandals and I have no problem with the actual product however on this page it lists the large as a 7.5-8.5 and rainbow actually sizes their large as a 10 (photo attached). So I was pretty disappointed to receive my 7.5-8.5 flip flop and realize it was way too big. Will return for a new pair that fits- just a heads up to be cautious of the sizing listed on this Amazon product.
review image
on September 22, 2016
I love rainbow flip flops, but my old ones were finally wearing out (after probably 10 years!!). I bought these to replace them and they're much more girly/cute than the others I had. The best way to break them in (which is necessary and time consuming if you don't use this trick!) is to wear them in the water. Shower, pool, fountain, whatever. Do this 2-3 times and wear them around until they dry. They'll be broken in in no time!
on July 10, 2015
A couple years ago I would've eaten my own foot before spending $50 on flip flops. But I broke my foot a few months ago and my doctor said from here on out I needed sandals with good support. These rainbows are perfect. I'm not going to lie - they were horrible at first. But like everyone says, you have to break them in before you love them. I started by wearing them around my apartment for an hour or two and that helped. I had a few blisters at first but for the most part they are awesome now. Wearing them in water reeeeeally helps break them in - I wear mine to the pool and in the shower and they have perfectly molded to my feet after about 3 weeks. I will definitely be buying more rainbows now that I know how to break them in. Highly recommended for good arch support and cuteness.
on August 1, 2016
These are the flip flops that all the cool kids, who lived at the beach all summer, wore when I was in high school. This year I treated myself because I was feeling nostalgic and I wanted to be cool. These Rainbows are well made with substantial leather, have a great arch support, and look great. They are getting more comfortable as my feet settle into the foot bed. With time, they will become uniquely mine. Rainbows are a great value compared to other comparably priced flip flops because of quality materials and craftsmanship.
on August 28, 2016
My daughter was due new sandals and insisted on another pair of Rainbows. She wore her first pair until they were almost embarrassing, and loved the look of the these with the braided strap.

She did make the mistake of going for a mile long walk in them before allowing them to break in, which gave her matching blisters on her left and right feet. After that, she allowed them a break-in period and kept her long walks minimum at first, with no more problems. Now she wears them all the time with no issues.
on May 9, 2016
My daughter purchased sz med. as she wears a 7.5. I am a true 8.5 and my foot is at the very end of hers. So much so that I could feel the end of the shoe under my heel (barely). I chose to purchase the Lg (stated 7.5-8.5) and it is A LOT bigger than the med. There is a good half inch, probably, behind my heel. I do fee they will be comfortable (this is my first pair of Rainbows), but I wish there wasn't such a drastic size difference between the med and lg. Oh well... They were very tight at first but I followed the advice on here. I wore them wet for about an hour (I just submerged in water quickly and wiped sole off), and wore them for a few hours each day. They feel great now!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.