YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Valentines Day STEM Book House Cleaning JustAddMagic JustAddMagic JustAddMagic  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 569 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 608 reviews
on October 8, 2012
I had heard excellent things about Rainbow Sandals, including their superior comfort and durability. I had also noticed in some Amazon.com reviews that these particular sandals take some time to "break in" to your actual foot shape. Before purchasing, I heeded the sizing recommendations on Amazon.com, as well as those on the Rainbow Sandals website, and even measured my foot to ensure that I was making the most ideal selection. I typically wear women's size 8.5 or size 9, so I opted for a women's large in this sandal. After trying them on, the fit was rather tight and my feet were apparently too wide for the sandal base. I compared the women's large to my boyfriend's size medium in men's. The men's size was just the right width, so the fit was fantastic. I returned the women's pair and bought a men's medium instead (same color, same wide strap, same double layer as the women's). The sandals, as far as I can tell, are essentially unisex, so I have no qualms about wearing a pair of sandals technically designated for men.
on December 7, 2011
I love rainbows. I own a couple pair and want to add to that immediately. The 2 problems you will encounter with your first pair of rainbows is this...#1 they are a &$@?/ to break in! I recommend wearing them everyday, even through the blisters. Just put on band aids. Also, get them soaking wet and wear then until they are completely dry. That will form them to your feet. That brings me to #2 don't buy a size bigger than you think. They will stretch! As silly as that sounds, they are leather and it stretches. When I first purchased my large 8s for my 7.5 normal foot, they fit fine and then they didn't. I still wear them but I have extra leftover at my heel and it's probably not noticeable to anyone but me, but I notice. Oooh and the white fades pretty significantly. I still like them, but I love my tan ones. Enough said.
on April 5, 2008
These sandals shipped quickly and are in new condition. I love the double stack arch. I can walk all day in these and not pay for it with low back pain or aching feet the next day. I ended up buying them in three different colors. Worth every cent. I highly reccommend them if you want sandals that are as good to your feet as sneakers.
on February 7, 2014
I have several pairs of rainbow sandals - many of which I purchased straight from the manufacturer. These were fakes & were returned - stitching was different, tread on the bottom of the shoe was vertical instead of horizontal, the rainbow label was different & the rainbow logo imprinted on the shoe was different. If that wasn't enough, the quality was obviously that of a knock-off. This is an expensive sandal & it is horrible that Amazon allowed this to be sold through their website. Make sure you purchase through an authorized dealer!
on January 11, 2016
Considering I just ordered my fourth pair of Rainbows- I really can't think of anything negative to say about these sandals. I will recommend one thing- pay the extra money for the double-layer arch support. It's well worth the $5-$10 difference. Stupid me, I wanted a "cheap" pair of flip flops and decided to go for the single layer last time. Big mistake. The arch support can't even come close to the double layer sandals. I'm not sure what else I can add, aside from yes- it does take a week or so to break these suckers in. I really didn't think getting them wet would expedite the process, but it does. I now take my single layer ones to the pool and I get the soaked all the time- they are indestructible. I shower with them (at the pool showers), and they still won't get old lol. Anyhow, the double layer sandals have amazing support- very comparable to Birkenstocks (but look a lot cooler). I have a high instep, so it takes me a bit longer to break them in- but once they are broken in, they literally feel like silk. I've also found that certain colors break in quicker- the Expresso brown is softer and will break in the quickest, followed by medium brown and sierra brown. The black, for some reason, feels the stiffest to me. Maybe you've had a different experience, but the black ones definitely have a stiffer feeling leather. Lastly, for reference, I wear a solid size 8- sometimes 8.5 with narrow shoes (as I have wide feet). I wear an 8 in Vans and a 38 in Brikenstocks, and I take a women's size MEDIUM. It fits me perfectly- like with not one iota to spare. I have wider feet with short toes and a wide toebox. And my foot does hang over the sandal widthwise, but for some reason, it doesn't look bad at all. I don't write many reviews, and I doubt I can really add that much to a sandal that is reviewed so much, but I just wanted to add my two cents. Buy the double layer and enjoy!
on November 17, 2016
I have owned probably 2 or 3 pairs of these double layer leather rainbow sandals for the last 12 years, which gives you a good idea as to how well these last. I wore them daily in the spring/summer/fall months throughout my junior and senior year of high school, then college, and then every weekend when I began my career. I love these sandals, and am so disappointed that it appears that Rainbow has discontinued this line. I bought 3 more pairs to last me another decade. There are few thong sandal brands that are so comfortable and long-lasting and seemingly go with every casual outfit.
on January 21, 2017
These flip-flops actually have arch support! They're a little stiff so I'm breaking them in in the house before summer arrives. The wide straps hold them on securely but the thinner straps would probably be more comfortable. The toe stem feels thick, now I see they are modifying it. I'll probably buy a pair of the new version.
on July 25, 2016
The straps dug into the tops of my feet for the first FEW 2-3 WEEKS (yes, weeks) of wearing. I had the same experience with my previous Rainbow pair. Just have to break these in before they start to get comfy.
on April 30, 2016
I bought my first pair of rainbows when I was in highschool which was about 14 years ago. I had that pair for about 7 years and they still looked great! My little sister decided to wear them out to our pool, got them soaking wet with chlorine water and left them in the sun until I found them a week later and they looked like a U. I've only bought 2 others and I still swear by them. I wear them until they can't take it any more!
I am extremely flat footed and have a terrible time trying to find shoes I can spend all day in. Once you get these broke in they are the most comfortable thing you will ever wear! My back doesn't hurt wearing them!
on July 27, 2016
In the past couple of years, I have grown really tired of drug store flip flops that last a summer season at best. Last year I began to buy "high end" flip flops in the $30-$50 range. Even with some of these flip flops, I have found that they flatten over time. I started out with the Teva Mush but I wanted a pair of leather flip flops that go with everything. I was researching another brand, but when I found these. I really like the way they look.
My initial impression is that these flip flops, over time, are going to fit like a pair of wonderfully aged leather boots. When I first put them on, I honestly believed they would be too small. I have been wearing them for the past couple of days and they seem to have stretched out a bit. I am a perfect 8.5, size 39. Width is medium. I bought the size L and these fit pefectly! I think that if I had bought the XL, the leather would stretch too much. Something else I noticed is that this shade of tan makes my feet appear to be more tan than with black or blue flip flops. The arch support is more than sufficient.
When I add up all of the $8 flips flops I have bought over the years and thrown into landfill, I can absolutely justify this purchase.

UPDATE, it's been about 2 weeks. These flip flops are now more comfortable than my Dansko clogs.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.