Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,970 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,073 reviews
on April 27, 2016
Rainbows are my favorite brand of flip-flops. Hands down. I have been buying them since college (10 years ago) and will keep buying them into the future. I am back in college, in grad school, and studying abroad this summer and ordered a new pair so I would be able to walk around comfortably this summer.

Whenever I get a new pair it takes a few days to break them in- so I encourage you to allow them time to mold to your foot. I got a blister, as I did with the last pair, from how the band rubs against the top of my foot. But - it quickly heals and the shoe becomes perfect, fits great, super comfortable.

This time I ordered double thickness, which is a few dollars more, I think it is worth the extra few dollars.

My dad gave me a pair of rubber Rainbows for Christmas this year. They are okay, super comfortable also, and will probably last longer, but I still like the leather ones better. The leather feels nicer against the skin.

They have a lifetime warranty if the strap breaks. But that is not really going to happen. Because the warranty is null and void if the bottom or top wears through first. I have never had a pair of flip flops from any decent brand where the strap broke before there was some noticeable wear.

I live in Florida- so we wear flip-flops a lot- it is part of our culture. I live in the panhandle- so we prefer to be barefoot- if I am outside of work, church, or 'the club' - and I have to wear shoes these are the ones I want to be wearing.

I have some friends who refuse to pay $50 for a pair of flip-flops. Obviously, I disagree. These shoes are a great value for the dollar.

I am reviewing these shoes in an effort to help other Amazon customers by relaying my experience with the product and providing any insight I garnered. I would really appreciate that if you found my review helpful, that you would please indicate so below by clicking the YES button below.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2016
If you're new to the wonderful world of rainbow, you won't "get it" right away. These sandals come stiff as a board. They're uncomfortable and make you think people spending $55+ for flip flops actually are nuts. I bought these for my bf hoping he would come to understand my love of this shoe. Give them a week or two, and you'll be a new member of the people that are nuts for rainbows crew. They are hands down, the best all terrain, walking, hiking, biking, beach, city, shorts, pants, anything shoe. It can be 100 degeees, or 40 degrees, and you'll be reaching for your rainbows. They will mold perfectly to your foot and endure just about anything. As the years go by, you'll know it's time to order another pair, or retire them out of circulation, but yet somehow you'll still find yourself reaching for your beloveds. I'm partial to the brown family (waaay too many colors to list) when it comes to this shoe, but happy to say, another rainbow success story here!
on June 8, 2015
I normally wear 8.5 in women's dress shoes and 9 in women's sneakers. I think I have "wide" feet because I had ordered these in the women's large and they were definitely too small and narrow. I then ordered these in a men's medium and I'm really pleased with the fit. I like having a little bit of extra room in case I bump the sandal, my toe doesn't get hurt. I could also probably wear a small if I wanted a more form fit.
review image
on January 18, 2017
I'm a Rainbow fan for life. I've had three pairs of the double layer Rainbows over 11 years and clearly by that duration shows how durable and long lasting they are. Admittedly, the break in period is about as enjoyable as taking a power sander to the top of your feet, but once you've broken them in, they form to your feet and only improve in comfort over time. I've never had a strap rip or break and I've been very happy with their longevity. I did have the toe of one pair start to de-laminate from the rubber bottom, but I caught the front really hard on cement and caused the split and they were already past their lifetime warranty (rubber was worn through on the heel).

A suggestion for making the break-in process more tolerable. For the first month, only wear them for short durations. If you know you're going to be out of the house all day, choose a different footwear until they're stretched out and molded to your foot. I've even had friends tell me that they wore them in the shower for a couple weeks to get the leather to stretch (although usually leather and water aren't a great combo).
on April 30, 2016
I bought my first pair of rainbows when I was in highschool which was about 14 years ago. I had that pair for about 7 years and they still looked great! My little sister decided to wear them out to our pool, got them soaking wet with chlorine water and left them in the sun until I found them a week later and they looked like a U. I've only bought 2 others and I still swear by them. I wear them until they can't take it any more!
I am extremely flat footed and have a terrible time trying to find shoes I can spend all day in. Once you get these broke in they are the most comfortable thing you will ever wear! My back doesn't hurt wearing them!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 15, 2015
So when you open the box and slip these on, they'll be hard, tight and you'll wonder why you bought them. But don't panic! Once they mold to your feet they're incredible. Wearing them in the shower a few times does wonders to speed up the process (I did wipe them dry after just in case the water would damage them, but I've also worn them in the rain since then with no issues so I really wouldn't worry about it)

Yes they still seem expensive when you could probably buy fairly comfortable flip flops for $5, but more than comfort you're really paying for quality. I wore them for months and months while working abroad in some pretty crappy terrain, and through it all not a single stitch came loose. Meanwhile, I had a few pairs of cheap (albeit comfortable) flip flops with me and not a single pair lasted more than two weeks. The Rainbows not only lasted me the rest of the trip, but they're still the only flip flops I wear.

When these fall apart (in a decade I'm guessing?) I will definitely buy another pair.
on November 27, 2016
Ah, rainbows...the best flip flops on the market, and I am very comfortable making that statement. It took me a few years of wearing out other leather flip flops before I found rainbows, and since doing so I have become a loyal customer who will never go back to the Reef flip flops I burned through back in the day. I have yet to actually break a pair of these! I have worn them so long that my toes start to form deep impressions in the leather, eventually wearing away the top layer or two, but we are talking years of heavy use to get to that point. I'd say you should get (at least) a good 2 or 3 years out of these before considering whether you want a new pair. Like a really good pair of leather boots they take a little while to break in, but once they do they will have conformed to the unique shape of your foot and at that point become the best flip flops ever.

Cushioning on these is just right. I was worried it would be too high, but they wear in just right and all the extra foam does is give you a bit better support once they have molded to your feet.

Don't hesitate to buy rainbows, you won't be disappointed.
on December 2, 2016
I absolutely love rainbow flip flops. I have tried to buy cheaper, or more "fashionable" flip flops, but none compare. Either they break too quickly, are made with cheap material, or are gnarly uncomfortable.

I have been wearing rainbow for years, i love the fit. They're pretty much true to size. If you have "thick" feet, they may be a little hard to get on at first. If your committed to keeping them get them wet and force them on and walk around for a bit.
They are a little stiff at first, but they're leather and are made to form to your feet. Getting them wet is the besg way to help break them in. I have high arches, so i buy the double layer for extra support. I love that rainbow has that option, because a lot of flip flops have terrible arch support and i have a huge problem wearing them for extended periods of time. I have gone to many a theme park in these :).

As for aesthetics, i think they have a classic CA Surfer vibe to them. I wear them with dresses, skirts, pants,shorts. Obviously not everywhere all the time, but i live at the beach so they're always on hand.

P.s. My very first pair of rainbows lasted 4 years. How's that for longevity? Break it down overtime and that's a little more than $10/year for the $54 - $60 you pay per pair.
on September 25, 2016
Everyone knows Rainbow sandals. I'm just glad to have them again. I had1 pair years ago and they lasted FOREVER. I would still have my old ones but my mom started wearing them in the garden and doing "garden" stuff and yeah, they're pretty beat up. These provide so much comfort. I am flat footed so the arch support is not necessary, however, I never buy any footwear that has a high arch because it bothers my feet, but with these, I really don't care. These do need to be broken in though, but if I remember correctly, once broken in, they're like molded to the contours of your feet and they feel great. They're still surprisingly comfortable and they have so much cushion. Never leaving Rainbow again.
on March 28, 2017
This is my second pair of rainbows, the other pair I had had for over 10 years. These are a little wider than my previous pair and I feel like I have more room in my toe area but I am a fan of rainbows as a whole and am excited for another decade with these. For the price you cannot beat it.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.