Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 593 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 633 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 15, 2015
So when you open the box and slip these on, they'll be hard, tight and you'll wonder why you bought them. But don't panic! Once they mold to your feet they're incredible. Wearing them in the shower a few times does wonders to speed up the process (I did wipe them dry after just in case the water would damage them, but I've also worn them in the rain since then with no issues so I really wouldn't worry about it)

Yes they still seem expensive when you could probably buy fairly comfortable flip flops for $5, but more than comfort you're really paying for quality. I wore them for months and months while working abroad in some pretty crappy terrain, and through it all not a single stitch came loose. Meanwhile, I had a few pairs of cheap (albeit comfortable) flip flops with me and not a single pair lasted more than two weeks. The Rainbows not only lasted me the rest of the trip, but they're still the only flip flops I wear.

When these fall apart (in a decade I'm guessing?) I will definitely buy another pair.
on July 19, 2016
They feel very soft but the cut seems sub-par for this brand. Never had rainbows before but I would think they would be cut better. Please correct me if I am wrong, other buyers.
review image review image review image review image
on March 28, 2017
This is my second pair of rainbows, the other pair I had had for over 10 years. These are a little wider than my previous pair and I feel like I have more room in my toe area but I am a fan of rainbows as a whole and am excited for another decade with these. For the price you cannot beat it.
review image
on March 20, 2017
My feet have no arches, and over the past few years was also struggling with plantar fasciitis. Living in AZ, my go-to foot gear are flip flops, but at the end of every day my feet were always killing me. One of my friends suggested I give the Rainbow double layer sandals a try - SO GREAT! These provide a nice arch support, and the extra cushion provided by thickness of the soles is amazing. I'm already buying a second pair & am a customer for life!
on March 17, 2017
I received legit rainbow sandals. No complaints - they are exactly what I wanted. I really like the double layer sole, it makes these flops super comfortable and supportive for all day wear. like every other pair of rainbows i've ever had, it took ~1.5 weeks of intermittent wear to breakthem in. I had some chafing and a scab on my big toe, they were actually pretty uncomfortable for that first week. But once they were broken in, perfect.
on July 27, 2016
In the past couple of years, I have grown really tired of drug store flip flops that last a summer season at best. Last year I began to buy "high end" flip flops in the $30-$50 range. Even with some of these flip flops, I have found that they flatten over time. I started out with the Teva Mush but I wanted a pair of leather flip flops that go with everything. I was researching another brand, but when I found these. I really like the way they look.
My initial impression is that these flip flops, over time, are going to fit like a pair of wonderfully aged leather boots. When I first put them on, I honestly believed they would be too small. I have been wearing them for the past couple of days and they seem to have stretched out a bit. I am a perfect 8.5, size 39. Width is medium. I bought the size L and these fit pefectly! I think that if I had bought the XL, the leather would stretch too much. Something else I noticed is that this shade of tan makes my feet appear to be more tan than with black or blue flip flops. The arch support is more than sufficient.
When I add up all of the $8 flips flops I have bought over the years and thrown into landfill, I can absolutely justify this purchase.

UPDATE, it's been about 2 weeks. These flip flops are now more comfortable than my Dansko clogs.
review image
on March 30, 2017
What I love about these sandals is the lovely high arch that feels so good on my neuroma-ed foot. What I dislike is that the strap between the toes is very hard and rough edged and has caused my toe joints to be very sore. I read another review here before I bought them that said one had to wait to get them broken in, so that's what I'm doing. Hope I don't have to wait too long.
on June 16, 2015
If you've never had rainbows, before purchasing, please keep in mind that they do require a break-in time, but that's what makes them so comfortable. As a wearer of rainbow sandals for about 10 years, I've always worn them for a week or two every time I shower. The water helps to soften them up, and make them formfitting.

Another thing to keep in mind, if you have a wide foot like I do, you may want to consider getting a size larger than you normally wear.
on December 7, 2011
I love rainbows. I own a couple pair and want to add to that immediately. The 2 problems you will encounter with your first pair of rainbows is this...#1 they are a &$@?/ to break in! I recommend wearing them everyday, even through the blisters. Just put on band aids. Also, get them soaking wet and wear then until they are completely dry. That will form them to your feet. That brings me to #2 don't buy a size bigger than you think. They will stretch! As silly as that sounds, they are leather and it stretches. When I first purchased my large 8s for my 7.5 normal foot, they fit fine and then they didn't. I still wear them but I have extra leftover at my heel and it's probably not noticeable to anyone but me, but I notice. Oooh and the white fades pretty significantly. I still like them, but I love my tan ones. Enough said.
on October 8, 2012
I had heard excellent things about Rainbow Sandals, including their superior comfort and durability. I had also noticed in some Amazon.com reviews that these particular sandals take some time to "break in" to your actual foot shape. Before purchasing, I heeded the sizing recommendations on Amazon.com, as well as those on the Rainbow Sandals website, and even measured my foot to ensure that I was making the most ideal selection. I typically wear women's size 8.5 or size 9, so I opted for a women's large in this sandal. After trying them on, the fit was rather tight and my feet were apparently too wide for the sandal base. I compared the women's large to my boyfriend's size medium in men's. The men's size was just the right width, so the fit was fantastic. I returned the women's pair and bought a men's medium instead (same color, same wide strap, same double layer as the women's). The sandals, as far as I can tell, are essentially unisex, so I have no qualms about wearing a pair of sandals technically designated for men.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.