Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 17, 2017
For anyone saying that these aren't authentic, or that they are cheaply made.. please look into the brand you are buying first.
These are 100% authentic Rainbow sandals. Anyone who has owned a pair knows that they will be uncomfortable for a short period until broken in. Rainbows are purposely made to fit snug at first and will eventually loosen up and form to fit your feet perfectly. Upon receiving them in the mail Wednesday, I wore them around the house for an hour or so and like others have said, wore them in the shower once to help the break in process move a little faster. I brought them to work on Friday to wear around the office and although they still weren't broken in, I had no blisters. On Saturday I wore them out to go walk & fishing with absolutely no discomfort. By Sunday they were broken in and were once again became.. THE MOST COMFORTABLE PAIR OF FLIP FLOPS I OWN. The leather and hemp WILL darken or appear shiny over your foot print and straps as you break them in. I personally like the espresso color most which is much darker than the picture shown in the description so make sure to look up the colors on Rainbows website before ordering so you receive the color expected.
As for the sizing, I recommend ordering your true size. I wear a 6.5-7 and ordered medium (6.5-7.5) and they fit perfect. They may be a bit more snug if you are a 7.5 but they will form. Width is average, not too narrow or too wide. I added pictures so you can see the fit... one with my camera flash and one without. The pictures shown is after 5 days of wear. Hope this helps!
review imagereview imagereview image
on July 1, 2016
I've always loved Rainbow Sandals and was very sad when my puppy chewed up my favorite color. I finally managed to order a new pair and I couldn't be happier! I think I own 4 pairs of Rainbows now and I don't think I'd be happy with any other brand. I love the wide straps and these longevity of these sandals is phenomenal! I think one of the pairs I own is over 8 years old and still looks amazing. I can't wait to break this pair in more. These are definitely my go to sandals for summer!
on December 1, 2016
The good: Rainbows are hands down the BEST sandals you will ever invest in. I wore my last pair every day for the last 5 years, and only decided to buy new ones because the old ones were starting to look a little raggedy (they are still entirely wearable and very comfortable). They won't be very comfortable (and might give you blisters) for the first week or so of wearing them, but once they've molded to your feet they are absolute heaven.

The bad: The color 'dark brown' is not dark brown, it is light brown. The color of my last pair was 'espresso' (shown on left in photo), so I expected 'dark brown' to be somewhat similar, but they are very light (shown on right in photo). Its not enough of a turn off to return them (and I assume they'll darken with use), but for anyone thinking of purchasing the dark brown, you might want to spend the extra few bucks and buy the 'espresso' color.

Sizing: They do run a little large. I normally wear women's size 8.5-9.5 in shoes, but the Rainbow size 'Large / 7.5-8.5 B(M) US' fits me like a glove. My feet are slightly wide and the new sandals are a bit narrow and snug, but the straps stretch and the bottoms spread out when you break them in, so it's nothing to worry about.

Overall I love Rainbows and I'm happy with these sandals, and if not for the unexpected color this would have been a solid 5 stars.
review image
on April 9, 2015
I have been a longtime fan of Rainbow flip flops. I wore my last pair out this past winter and needed a new pair stat now that it is warming up. I decided to order my 5th (yes 5th) pair via Amazon to get the color and size I wanted without the hassle of shopping around the East Coast to find them.

I have never had any issue with Rainbows, even the pairs I bought from the outlet in San Clemente. These are definitely a little tighter than usual. I am sure it is just a fluke. I have stretched them out a bit and they are starting to get that nice cozy worn in feel that I have come to know and love. These flip flops just mold to your feet while still giving you good arch support for a sandal.

I don't enjoy the breaking in period, but it is oh so worth it. The quality of the material is very high. they are pricy, but nothing comes close to them. They last for a long time, so you don't have to repurchase or break in a new pari often. I usually like to keep two pairs at a time so I can have different colors to match different outfits.

If you are on the fence, give them a go. With regular wear, they will feel like the home your feet always wanted after about a month.
on October 30, 2016
I love these. I have heard many good reviews of them previously and was eager to get my hands on them. I have wide feet so naturally I was a bit apprehensive to buy and thought half my foot would hang out but in fact they fit perfectly. I wore them on a recent 4 day vacation to the beach and they held up really well even while getting wet. They did wrinkle a bit from the water but thats my fault, nothing in the design. As far as breaking in, I didn't have any issue. Only once did I feel a bit of tension on my right foot by the toe divider but that was it. I see people who have cuts and scrapes from them and thought I would too but I was lucky enough not to. I thought this would definitely happen since I do have wide feet but I did not exhibit anything. Will definitely purchase more of these in the future. Love them and I wish I would have given in to buying a pair sooner.
on July 12, 2017
These are very comfortable but do need a little breaking in as the straps were a little tight and it took a few wearings before they stretched out enough for my foot to slide all the way up to the thong. Once they fit they were fine, but then I made the mistake of wearing them a lot one day (about the fifth time I wore them) and I got a painful welt below one of the straps (from cutting off circulation I think) that lasted a couple of days. So just make sure you wear them several times to really stretch them out. I like them a lot though and feel I can wear these to summer parties, etc.
on August 2, 2016
These are my second pair of Rainbows - ever - because that's how long they last. I purchased my first pair 8 years ago, double layer, color Sierra Brown. I took really good care of them, never wore them when it was raining, and tried to avoid getting them wet (they can acquire water stains on the leather straps if you get them wet too much.) I still have my first pair although the edges of the double layer are all worn down in the back. I love how these sandals mold to your foot. They are extremely comfortable and provide good arch support. After I had owned my first pair for about 3 years, I wore them to Busch Gardens and walked around all day with no foot pain. They are as comfortable as sneakers and last even longer. Worth the money - there's nothing like Rainbows.
on September 13, 2016
When I was shopping for a basic leather flip flop I knew I had to try the infamous Rainbows. But they are actually very good quality and definitely fulfill their reputation! I am an avid sandal wearer and these have become an essential wardrobe staple for my Californian feet. The only thing to consider is that when they are brand new they WILL BE TIGHT on the straps - honestly I forced myself to endure the dull pain on the tops of my feet for about a week or two but after that they mold and stretch perfectly to my foot. If you worry they are too small, look at the sole length, not the straps, as they WILL STRETCH with wear!
on July 21, 2017
I was looking through some past orders and saw my order for these shoes in the Sierra Brown for FIVE years ago. They are still holding up pretty well considering how much they have been through - two summers at camp, a semester travelling, all four years of college, etc. All in all, if you're on the fence about them, don't be! It's well worth the money and they just get more comfortable over time. I was debating buying another pair this summer, but mine are still in decent shape, so hopefully I can squeeze in another summer or two!
on January 31, 2018
I bought these for my wife and she complained about them being too tight during the break in stage. I had to keep telling her to wear them to break them in. She like the cushy comfy sandals like Sannuks. She would only wear them when I asked her to try. I had her walk in the ocean with them and after that she loved them.
Buying a gift that need an explanation is not the best.
We both have slightly wide and slightly flat feet.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.