Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 574 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 621 reviews
on December 1, 2016
The good: Rainbows are hands down the BEST sandals you will ever invest in. I wore my last pair every day for the last 5 years, and only decided to buy new ones because the old ones were starting to look a little raggedy (they are still entirely wearable and very comfortable). They won't be very comfortable (and might give you blisters) for the first week or so of wearing them, but once they've molded to your feet they are absolute heaven.

The bad: The color 'dark brown' is not dark brown, it is light brown. The color of my last pair was 'espresso' (shown on left in photo), so I expected 'dark brown' to be somewhat similar, but they are very light (shown on right in photo). Its not enough of a turn off to return them (and I assume they'll darken with use), but for anyone thinking of purchasing the dark brown, you might want to spend the extra few bucks and buy the 'espresso' color.

Sizing: They do run a little large. I normally wear women's size 8.5-9.5 in shoes, but the Rainbow size 'Large / 7.5-8.5 B(M) US' fits me like a glove. My feet are slightly wide and the new sandals are a bit narrow and snug, but the straps stretch and the bottoms spread out when you break them in, so it's nothing to worry about.

Overall I love Rainbows and I'm happy with these sandals, and if not for the unexpected color this would have been a solid 5 stars.
on July 1, 2016
I've always loved Rainbow Sandals and was very sad when my puppy chewed up my favorite color. I finally managed to order a new pair and I couldn't be happier! I think I own 4 pairs of Rainbows now and I don't think I'd be happy with any other brand. I love the wide straps and these longevity of these sandals is phenomenal! I think one of the pairs I own is over 8 years old and still looks amazing. I can't wait to break this pair in more. These are definitely my go to sandals for summer!
on July 12, 2017
These are very comfortable but do need a little breaking in as the straps were a little tight and it took a few wearings before they stretched out enough for my foot to slide all the way up to the thong. Once they fit they were fine, but then I made the mistake of wearing them a lot one day (about the fifth time I wore them) and I got a painful welt below one of the straps (from cutting off circulation I think) that lasted a couple of days. So just make sure you wear them several times to really stretch them out. I like them a lot though and feel I can wear these to summer parties, etc.
on July 21, 2017
I was looking through some past orders and saw my order for these shoes in the Sierra Brown for FIVE years ago. They are still holding up pretty well considering how much they have been through - two summers at camp, a semester travelling, all four years of college, etc. All in all, if you're on the fence about them, don't be! It's well worth the money and they just get more comfortable over time. I was debating buying another pair this summer, but mine are still in decent shape, so hopefully I can squeeze in another summer or two!
on September 13, 2016
When I was shopping for a basic leather flip flop I knew I had to try the infamous Rainbows. But they are actually very good quality and definitely fulfill their reputation! I am an avid sandal wearer and these have become an essential wardrobe staple for my Californian feet. The only thing to consider is that when they are brand new they WILL BE TIGHT on the straps - honestly I forced myself to endure the dull pain on the tops of my feet for about a week or two but after that they mold and stretch perfectly to my foot. If you worry they are too small, look at the sole length, not the straps, as they WILL STRETCH with wear!
on March 12, 2016
This is my 6th or 7th pair of Rainbows. I buy a new pair every year because they tend to get dirty eventually especially because I wear mine 24/7 and in very dirty conditions. They keep their clean, simple look for a long time. These came in the mail very quickly. My feet can't tolerate many types of footwear. Rainbows allow me to look good while also letting my feet breath, providing arch support and being resistant to everything I do. I have walked around cities, hiked, sailed, and pretty much anything else you can think of and they have stayed together. I would recommend this product a million times over. The thick straps are my favorite as I tend to tear and eventually break the thin straps that are on some of their other models.
on August 18, 2015
I received the double rainbow strap in the darker brown (im not sure the color name) as a christmas gift last year and they hold up really well. I wear them almost every day and have not had a problem. The first couple times wearing them are uncomfortable, but they're new. Its just like every other shoe. You're going to get blisters so dont be surprised. They WILL be tight. My shoe size is 8.5 and i have the XL which is 8.5-9.5 and they're the perfect size. You're gonna think they're too small because they're tight but THEY WILL GET LOOSE. i had to shove my foot in the first few times. But they are a good flip flop. I just purchased the thick strap in sierra brown and hopefully they arent knock offs like some of the reviews have stated.
on April 2, 2017
Love rainbows but do not follow the suggested sizing chart. I normally wear 6.5 so I ordered the small and they fit my exact foot length so I would order half size up. Hope this helps!
on July 9, 2016
This is my second pair of rainbows. I had the same exact pair before for two years. I wore them all of the time and they probably looked half their age. They wear nicely in terms of how well they look even after being worn for years. Unfortunately, my dog thought they might be a great snack. Womp womp... $50 later I secured my second pair.

The worst part about rainbows is that they take a while to break in. I bought my first pair right before a vacation to hawaii. Unfortunately, I wore them only a few times in two weeks because the first time was so painful. When my first pair was destroyed, I was more upset about having to break in a second pair than I was about having to fork over the money for another pair. When they arrived, I started wearing them around the house like slippers and then gradually took them out of the house for longer and longer stretches. Once they are broken in, they will immediately become your favorite, most comfortable, go-to pair of flip flops. It is worth the time investment. (and financial investment too for that matter)

The pair shown here is about 3 months old, with daily use.
on September 13, 2016
Love these. I'd been wearing the thinner strapped dark brown Rainbows for over a year and they started turning almost black and were cracking. Time for a new pair. Love these in the Sierra brown color; more feminine in my opinion. Love the velvety feel of a brand new pair. No problems breaking them in. I just wish I had bought them back when they were only $30 on Amazon!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.