Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 1, 2016
I've always loved Rainbow Sandals and was very sad when my puppy chewed up my favorite color. I finally managed to order a new pair and I couldn't be happier! I think I own 4 pairs of Rainbows now and I don't think I'd be happy with any other brand. I love the wide straps and these longevity of these sandals is phenomenal! I think one of the pairs I own is over 8 years old and still looks amazing. I can't wait to break this pair in more. These are definitely my go to sandals for summer!
on April 9, 2015
I have been a longtime fan of Rainbow flip flops. I wore my last pair out this past winter and needed a new pair stat now that it is warming up. I decided to order my 5th (yes 5th) pair via Amazon to get the color and size I wanted without the hassle of shopping around the East Coast to find them.

I have never had any issue with Rainbows, even the pairs I bought from the outlet in San Clemente. These are definitely a little tighter than usual. I am sure it is just a fluke. I have stretched them out a bit and they are starting to get that nice cozy worn in feel that I have come to know and love. These flip flops just mold to your feet while still giving you good arch support for a sandal.

I don't enjoy the breaking in period, but it is oh so worth it. The quality of the material is very high. they are pricy, but nothing comes close to them. They last for a long time, so you don't have to repurchase or break in a new pari often. I usually like to keep two pairs at a time so I can have different colors to match different outfits.

If you are on the fence, give them a go. With regular wear, they will feel like the home your feet always wanted after about a month.
on July 21, 2017
I was looking through some past orders and saw my order for these shoes in the Sierra Brown for FIVE years ago. They are still holding up pretty well considering how much they have been through - two summers at camp, a semester travelling, all four years of college, etc. All in all, if you're on the fence about them, don't be! It's well worth the money and they just get more comfortable over time. I was debating buying another pair this summer, but mine are still in decent shape, so hopefully I can squeeze in another summer or two!
on September 13, 2016
When I was shopping for a basic leather flip flop I knew I had to try the infamous Rainbows. But they are actually very good quality and definitely fulfill their reputation! I am an avid sandal wearer and these have become an essential wardrobe staple for my Californian feet. The only thing to consider is that when they are brand new they WILL BE TIGHT on the straps - honestly I forced myself to endure the dull pain on the tops of my feet for about a week or two but after that they mold and stretch perfectly to my foot. If you worry they are too small, look at the sole length, not the straps, as they WILL STRETCH with wear!
on March 12, 2016
This is my 6th or 7th pair of Rainbows. I buy a new pair every year because they tend to get dirty eventually especially because I wear mine 24/7 and in very dirty conditions. They keep their clean, simple look for a long time. These came in the mail very quickly. My feet can't tolerate many types of footwear. Rainbows allow me to look good while also letting my feet breath, providing arch support and being resistant to everything I do. I have walked around cities, hiked, sailed, and pretty much anything else you can think of and they have stayed together. I would recommend this product a million times over. The thick straps are my favorite as I tend to tear and eventually break the thin straps that are on some of their other models.
on August 18, 2015
I received the double rainbow strap in the darker brown (im not sure the color name) as a christmas gift last year and they hold up really well. I wear them almost every day and have not had a problem. The first couple times wearing them are uncomfortable, but they're new. Its just like every other shoe. You're going to get blisters so dont be surprised. They WILL be tight. My shoe size is 8.5 and i have the XL which is 8.5-9.5 and they're the perfect size. You're gonna think they're too small because they're tight but THEY WILL GET LOOSE. i had to shove my foot in the first few times. But they are a good flip flop. I just purchased the thick strap in sierra brown and hopefully they arent knock offs like some of the reviews have stated.
review image
on April 2, 2017
Love rainbows but do not follow the suggested sizing chart. I normally wear 6.5 so I ordered the small and they fit my exact foot length so I would order half size up. Hope this helps!
This is my second pair of rainbows. I had the same exact pair before for two years. I wore them all of the time and they probably looked half their age. They wear nicely in terms of how well they look even after being worn for years. Unfortunately, my dog thought they might be a great snack. Womp womp... $50 later I secured my second pair.

The worst part about rainbows is that they take a while to break in. I bought my first pair right before a vacation to hawaii. Unfortunately, I wore them only a few times in two weeks because the first time was so painful. When my first pair was destroyed, I was more upset about having to break in a second pair than I was about having to fork over the money for another pair. When they arrived, I started wearing them around the house like slippers and then gradually took them out of the house for longer and longer stretches. Once they are broken in, they will immediately become your favorite, most comfortable, go-to pair of flip flops. It is worth the time investment. (and financial investment too for that matter)

The pair shown here is about 3 months old, with daily use.
review image
on September 13, 2016
Love these. I'd been wearing the thinner strapped dark brown Rainbows for over a year and they started turning almost black and were cracking. Time for a new pair. Love these in the Sierra brown color; more feminine in my opinion. Love the velvety feel of a brand new pair. No problems breaking them in. I just wish I had bought them back when they were only $30 on Amazon!
on August 10, 2017
I love rainbow sandals, they are pretty much the only sandal I will wear anymore. The first couple pairs hurt at first util they were broken in but more recent pairs have been much more comfortable from the beginning. The double layer adds just the right amount of cushion.