Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 26, 2011
Pros:
- Viewability is not effected.
- Easy to put on
- Snug fit. Looks like dust won't be getting in there. I would still recommend taking it off for a cleaning once every few weeks.
- Also easy to take off if needed. Makes cleaning very easy.
- Easier to tilt the screen up and down. Something I didn't expect, huge + for me.
- This thing seems way more resistant to fingerprints then the screen on the Nex-3. Another big +, fingerprints are annoying!

Cons:
- Mine came with light scratches on it, but its a screen protector...so I can overlook this.

Overall i'm very happy. Not only does it give you piece of mind, you actually get more usability out of your camera since the screen is easier to manipulate. Definitely buy this over the semi-hard plastic stickers you get from Sony.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on August 24, 2012
The plastic itself isn't the best material, it scratched in the few days I've had this over the screen already but it does its job and I'd rather the plastic be scratched up than the actual screen.

It fits perfectly into place on your NEX (I have it on my NEX-5) and if you examine the hard plastic around your screen, you'll notice indentations on the top and bottom (2 top, 2 bottom) and that is how this protector latches onto the screen. I was skeptical since I did not know before purchasing how it would attach but it does work perfectly fine.

Be considerate about your carrying case though; I have one of the leather Sony branded cases attached to the camera via the bottom tripod mount and the leather barely clears the screen and with this protector on it gets caught sometimes, that's why I wouldn't give it a 5 star rating since I am sure the plastic could have been made with better quality and thinner, it would have been perfect with a coating as well since there is a bit of glare in the sun but overall for this price, I honestly cannot complain.
on August 10, 2013
I purchased this for use on my Sony NEX-5 camera, and it did fit as advertised. However, it fit rather loosely and fell off often, which rapidly became a hassle as I found myself bending over to pick it up quite often. The protector does adequately protect the screen, which is important, because the Sony LCD panels are well-known for deteriorating rapidly when subject to physical abuse. Ultimately I replaced this product with RainbowImaging LCD Optical Glass Screen Protector for Sony NEX NEX-5 NEX-3 camera, which adheres semi-permanently to the camera and forms a water and debris-resilient seal with the camera. This alternative is not easily removable however; if that is important to you, I would recommend a product similar to this despite the poor fit.
on May 30, 2012
This cover fits perfectly and tightly and I've seldom had an issue with it falling off even with heavy use of the swivel on the screen. It's very quick and easy to remove and put back on which means cleaning is an absolute breeze.

The protector is quite thick plastic and can take a lot of abuse. I bought a spare in case my first one gets scratched up but haven't needed it yet. This thing is like a seatbelt to me now; I don't feel comfortable using my camera without it attached.

__Making friends with other attachments__
I also have the LCD Viewfinder Extender V4 f SONY NEX-3 NEX-5 NEX3 NEX5 which I use when I shoot in bright sunlight. This is an item that screws into the bottom of the camera and puts a metal ring around your LCD viewfinder that can use to attach a magnetic eyepiece (albeit while losing the tilt ability of the LCD viewfinder). The extender fits fine even with this screen protector attached.
on May 26, 2011
When I got the NEX-3. I was shocked at how crisp the screen looked. I know Sony makes a Hard LCD shell like this, but was never able to find it at my local Sony Style store. I was skeptical at getting a aftermarket one online because I feared it wouldn't be a perfect fit. but it does fit perfectly.

You do need to be very careful when you put this on or take it off because the four parts that clicks into the slots on the camera can scratch off paint or metal(NEX-3 is paint, not sure if NEX-5 is magnesium alloy on the LCD bezel also). so be gentle with it and bend it a little as you push in that last clip.

Also for a tighter fit and added protection. I stuck on a clear LCD film protector on the camera LCD first, then put on the hard cover. This reduces the chance of dust getting trapped between the two. If you do see dust between your LCD and cover, remove it as soon as you get a change because if it gets too out of hand those dust particles moving around may leave tiny hairline scratches.

I love having this added protection.
on February 3, 2013
It protects the screen well, but it makes it difficult to use the touch screen, unless you press very hard. My LCD protector pops off too easily when I don't want it too, and that can waste precious moments when I try to click it back into place. It arrived quickly and it was pretty cheap. I still keep mine on my NEX-5n's screen because it offers good protection to the LCD, and I would recommend it to any body who doesn't mind NOT using the touch screen.

Pros:
Protects the screen
Inexpensive
No glue, adhesive, or anything (it just snaps on).

Cons:
Makes the touch screen less responsive to touch.
Falls off easily when tilting the LCD up
on December 25, 2012
It does not fit the nex-5R and even if it does, the snap on process is too tight and will probably damage the pull out screen with repeated snap on-off. As the Nex 5 is a touchscreen camera, the hard screen protector blocks access to the functions. My original purpose to use it when i'm transporting the camera in my bag to protect it against other sharp objects tumbling inside at the same time but since the snap on ability is too tough it defeated my purpose of purchasing it in the first place
on December 29, 2011
I don't think I was suppose to take off the plastic screen on the cover itself (am I wrong?), so some dust and finger prints got on the cover. I resolved that problem by taking some microfiber item, in my case I used some cosmetic wedges, and wiped the cover. It got the dusts and finger prints off good!

Pros: Easy to put on, as described, and it fits perfectly on my Nex 5N!

Cons: Saw a little chipped dent on the bottom of the cover (definitely not my fault), but I'm still keeping it. Caught some light scratches already, but HEY! that means it's working.
on March 7, 2011
It protects the screen perfectly, but creates glare. The glare makes it a bit difficult to see if something is focused correctly under direct sunlight. I recommend this for anyone who prefers to clean the protector and protect the screen rather than clean the screen directly and risk getting a few scratches. The protector fits nice and tight, at first I thought that it would interfere with some of the camera's sensors but it didn't. The only problem that I have with this is the glare that it causes and once its on, it becomes a little difficult to take it off. (I installed it on the NEX-3 model)
on January 28, 2011
I've only had this for about a week now but it fit perfect on my Sony NEX-3 screen. It snaps on very easily and is clear plastic so there is no visualization problems when you are trying to take pictures or reviewing pictures. Not sure how well it will keep out dust but it fits snug and doesn't allow fingerprints which this screen seems to be a magnet for. No use in dealing with those cheap plastic covers for the same price when they eventually bubble up and needs replacing anyways.
2 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.