Raise Up, Heart Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- "Raise Up, Heart is a one of a kind read, thrilling and captivating in style and tone. A phenomenal story of the lengths a heart will go to for the person it loves." - Kate Hawthorne, author of the Secrets in Edgewood series
- "Unique. Compelling. Masterfully written. Raise Up, Heart is wholly original and superbly spellbinding, you can't miss this." - EM Denning, author of the Desires series
- "In Raise Up, Heart, Leta Blake has created a dark, dreamy story about a love that transcends impossible odds. Well worth the read!! - Liv Rancourt, author of Hours of the Night series
- "Leta is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. She's kinda dirty. Kinda kinky. And she's not afraid to take risks." - Bibliophile's Reviews
- "[Raise Up Heart] gives a whole new meaning to 'second chances' and love above anything else." - Stephanie, ARC reader
- "This book is what Leta Blake is all about. She has a power in her words that is very rare. I was blown away by Raise Up, Heart. My advice: keep an open mind because this novella, though short, packs a punch." Layla, ARC reader
- "From the very first paragraph, this author set the stage for a spingle-tingling and chilling romance unlike anything I've ever read." - Emily, ARC reader
- "I absolutely loved this second chance, gothic romance. As with all Leta Blake's books there was so much passion! I was genuinely mesmerized by the author's ability to tell this beautiful story. It's perfect for this time of year too!" - Rachel, reader
- File Size : 2237 KB
- Publication Date : October 5, 2020
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 136 pages
- Publisher : Leta Blake Books (October 5, 2020)
- ASIN : B08K18KYVJ
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Language: : English
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Simultaneous Device Usage : Unlimited
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #39,536 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Leta Blake has left me stumped for words with this book. It’s a different take on second-chance romance.
Going in, I thought I could predict how the story would go. Guy gets heart transplant. Guy falls in love with donor’s boyfriend. But I was wrong!!! So very wrong!!
From the first chapter, this book had me intrigued. Very intrigued!! The story is unique and had me on the edge of my seat.
If you are looking for a dark romance with a plot you didn’t see coming, I definitely recommend Raise Up, Heart
I thought the choice to have Alex's narrative in second-person present was fantastic. I've never reacted to a prologue so intensely, but every unexplainable and subtly horrific thing that happened to Alex felt so terrifyingly real that I almost couldn't stand it. A darkly curious part of me wanted to dig deeper into his torment and find out more about exactly what happened, but I think it's for the best that some of my questions were left unanswered. Even without knowing every last detail, I was absolutely captivated by the promise of what was coming next.
The majority of this book is about Cole and Damon coming to terms with their new reality and figuring out if there's a path forward for them to be together. It would have been easy for Cole to get lost in the fantasy of having Damon back in his life, but I really appreciated that he questioned what he was seeing and dealt with the harsh truth of what happened. There's definitely something twisted about how stoic Damon and Cole were about it all, but it also showed how powerful and greedy their love truly was. I could never get fully invested in the steamy moments in this book, because I was still reeling from just how dark the reality of their situation was, but I certainly can't deny that Damon and Cole are meant to be together.
**I voluntarily read an ARC of this book. This review expresses my honest thoughts and opinions.
This is a perfect read for the spooky season. Leta Blake acknowledges the authors that inspired this story and I think she did a wonderful job setting a gothic eerie feel. One thing that I thought really added to it was writing Alex and Damon in the second person.
The story explores just how deep the heart can love and here, that devotion does amazing and gruesome things - there is no on-page gore, but the references to what occurs make it clear that things did not happen without a cost. This is a second chance story that really goes above and beyond that really takes that theme to its limits!
This novella was so close to perfect for me. The story was well-paced and played out fully, though I would have been happy reading a full novel of this story. I was very invested in both Cole's unrelenting struggle with his grief and in Damon's story - even Alex's struggle was all-consuming even though we saw very little of him on-page.
I suspect this will become a regular Halloween season read for me!
<Possible spoiler below>
The only thing that kept me from full 5 stars is that I felt there was a lot of sex in the last part. I get it -- the two men needed to feel that it was real and make up for things they never had before, but I was soooo invested in the characters that I wanted to get right back to their other interactions with each other and the outside world so I found myself skimming some of them. Maybe on a 2nd read I won't notice it as much though.
Great characters full of emotion and kept me guessing, wondering what’s next. Fascinating read.
The kickstart I needed to bring me back to reading books again.