Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 26, 2013
OK OK OK .... purchased this book the day it dropped because I LOVE Michael Baisden ! In my little head somewhere he is my imaginary father/uncle (but I digress). This book is the truth. Period. Don't go reading this book now if you not trying to look in yourself and get rid of some junk (and we all got some) ! This is a book with stories from your auntie, girlfriend from work, brother and companion. I love how he incorporated the stories and opinions of his fans. Chicken Soup for the Grown Folks Soul 7.0 ! He offers us his perspectives and provides a very insightful look into things we face daily that we need to improve upon and pay attention to . If Baisden preached this on a Sunday Morning , the offering plate would be running over and people would be falling out. HOLD on to your wigs ! Michael laid the truth on thick! A MUST READ before the New Years. Don't want to go into 2014 with no Mess. Thanks Uncle Michael ! LOL. GREAT READ !
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on April 16, 2016
Of all his books, this and Men Cry in the Dark are windows into the heart of a man we came to know and love on the radio. His laughter with George Wilbourne, activism and true desire to help us have enriching relationships, has always been appreciated.

Always!

It is nice to see a real man recognize that all relationships are not enriching. The comments from his followers were poignant but none were more poignant than near the end of the book when he wrote, "Time is something you can't get back. Once it's spent, that's it! You can't go back in time to change what you said or did."

No, sir we cannot.

It was a sad day when I listened to the final re-runs before MB was no longer on the radio. I felt like I was just getting to know MB and wanted so much to meet and speak, like so many millions of his fans. I am so delighted he shared the sensitive Michael Baisden with all of us and am looking forward to "Raise Your Hand if You have Issues 2"

BRAVO Mr Baisden!

Bravo!

(You are loved and terribly missed..thanks for being exceptional!)
review image
on February 23, 2014
As a fan of his radio/TV show, I did enjoy how he took the mallet and hammered serious issues that not only affected African Americans, but everyone. I did at times, though, get tired of his show on some sexual issues and nasty comedy stands. They were OK, but annoying at times. Then again, I'm not really a radio person. I listen to my music or pod casts on my iPod and read lots of books.

Baisden's book is a first class, first rate book for all people, especially black folks. Why we have not learned yet to stop having babies that we cannot take care of, still baffles me. Baisden also has an issue with men who cheat on their women and the dumb women who take it. We all have issues, but in 2014, damn, we need to learn and get with the program or something.

How many more "Toxic" people are we going to cling to? If you have a dream to start a business, you need a mentor and good friend, not a dream killer. Why cheat on each other? Do you really think you are not going to get caught? Of course you are, you are stupid. What's wrong with being single? Isn't it better than being with a nut case.

Get the book. Get it now. This is how we should live, without crazy and unfocused issues and facing the truth. You can be some body. You can raise great children. You can survive an economic downturn. You will get married to the right person. Stop blaming others and look in the mirror. You are beautiful and You are smart, especially if you buy this book. Last chapter of the book - Finding Your Purpose. Find it.

on July 9, 2014
I remember in the Spring of 2013 when Michael Baisden was writing this book, he would post on his Facebook fan page - Baisden Live - questions related to everyday life experiences and ask his followers to provide their insight into each of the topics he was including in his book. The questions were deep, and the responses were real talk from real people in real life. When I read this book, I was moved by the awesome testimonies of so many people who shared their stories about the issues that each of us have faced, are facing, or will face at some point in our lives. This book is not his opinion on relationships or issues, while he does share some, and makes some outstanding arguments about issues in today’s society, this book is a real inside look at real life experiences through many perspectives of real live people living in this world today. There is much that can be gleaned by reading the stories of others, which is why I enjoyed the book so much. If you do not get anything out of this book, you are either in denial, or six feet under. As with another of his books, great to pick up and reread from time to time just to remind me of some things. Read it, you’ll be glad you did.
on January 30, 2014
I like Baisden's easy, breezy writing style; it works well for me while I work on becoming an avid reader. I liked the way he weaved his own comments with the comments of his Facebook family. This made it easy to compare my own perspective to a variety of perspectives and to find my own comfort zone. I would recommend this book to anyone who thinks relationships are important. Although some concepts as discussed in the book are outside the boundaries of Islam, I would still recommend the book to Muslims. Too many ideas about the roles for men and women in marriage were dragged into Islam by way of unauthorized scholarship and, as a result, Muslim relationships are suffering. What I didn't like was the section on swingers, which, curiously, included a few sweeping statements about religion. Though the hypocrites may outnumber the true believers, God's religion belongs to the true believers. What the hypocrites lose, is their loss. What the believers gain, is their gain. And just one question: Why would a swinger read a book about relationships? Building trust seems a wasted endeavor if we've agreed that we're both free to sleep with others. And maybe we could write a book for gay relationships but I don't believe this is that book. A fundamental problem in relationships is that men and women have different perceptions of each other and they each enter a relationship with needs that might be compatible but very different. My next read: "Men Cry in the Dark".
on November 24, 2013
Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! If I could give it 10 stars, I would. I highly recommend this book to anyone who knows how to read and who've ever dreamed big and were discouraged or too afraid to bring their visions to life, those who want to be in relationships, are in relationships, or have been in relationships. I recommend it to those who are parents, would like to be parents, and those who get involved with potential mates who already have children. I have always been a fan of Michael Baisden's, but this book just might be the best book I've ever read that forced me to take a deep look within and stop lying to myself!!! Thank you Mr. Baisden... I'm still a work in progress, but at least I can "see" clearer now and have a better perspective on why and how I've been doing a disservice to myself in pursuit of my dreams and relationships!!!
2 helpful votes
on December 22, 2013
Hi my Name is Yasmin Harris from Chicago,

So here I am on Facebook minding my own business and I see this men with an article about being single. I was like hey let me check this out!

I ending up buying three of his books and this book and this one stood out, Raise Your Hand, If you have issues, because I knew I did. I receive my books posted them on fb book and this past Saturday, I begin my reading. By page ten Carolyn's had me laughing, by page 54, I was thinking did I ever have an affair. Lets not talk about page115, I was ready to come down to Florida and give you a piece of my mind, lol just kidding. I was just going to asks for an autograph. wink wink! long story shor,t at page 305 I was very stratified with this book. It felt great to see I had your next recommended book handy. My conclusion was, I have a purpose and one day my dreams will come true, with much needed hard work off course! Soon You will see me donate to your cause because I love your mentoring program. Keeping God first and keep living life to the fullest!! signed by Yasmin
on February 15, 2017
I can't wait to read this book, and it came in better place than expected condition!
on November 17, 2013
Read this book (Kindle version) in 5 HOURS! Couldn't put it down~ Eye-opening, honest, real, to the point. Some of us don't have time to waste time. You will NOT waste your time with this book! All races, all genders, all religions, all people will get something out of this book! Thank you, Mr. B!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on December 17, 2014
There was too many testamonials, for me. I thought there would be more advice... still a good book love Baisden on facebook.
2 helpful votes