- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Scholastic Teaching Resources (Teaching (November 10, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0545806178
- ISBN-13: 978-0545806176
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.2 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 19 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #335,203 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Raising a Rock-Star Reader: 75 Quick Tips for Helping Your Child Develop a Lifelong Love for Reading Paperback – November 10, 2015
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
" Raising a Rock-Star Reader is a must-have for every parent, grandparent, caregiver: all who love and nurture a child! This wonderfully warm yet truly brilliant book
provides practical and accessible tips and exercises to actively engage all children in becoming lifelong readers and writers, right from the start."
- Pam Allyn, Literacy Advocate, Author and Founder of LitWorld
About the Author
Amy Mascott M.A., Reading; B.A., English Education; Founder and editor of Teach Mama
Amy Mascott is the creator of teachmama.com, as well as a reading specialist, writer, and literacy consultant. Her work has been featured on dozens of online and print publications, including Scholastic Parents, PBS Parents, readwritethink.org, PBS Digital Studios, and more.
Allison McDonald B.A., History; B.Ed., Elementary Education; Founder and editor of No Time For Flash Cards
Allison McDonald is a preschool teacher and founder of the popular early education website notimeforflashcards.com. Her creative lessons can be found on many sites, including PBS Parents, where she is a regular contributor. Passionate about laying the groundwork for learning to read, Allison began writing the Raise a Reader blog on Scholastic Parents in 2012.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are a few things that I love about Raising a Rock Star Reader...
- Allie and Amy explain reading and their reading strategies using easy to understand language... not professional jargon!
- All of the activities are simple and don't require very many materials.
- The book is thin, quick to read, and the table of contents is so easy to use!
- Allie and Amy included book lists for different ages of kids!!! I love book lists because I am always looking to add new awesome books to our family library that are recommended by people I respect and admire!
- The back of the book includes some literacy apps and websites to check out! I think it is hard to sift through all of the different apps out there, so love that Allie and Amy are sharing their favorite resources with us!
- The book is so comprehensive and useful! The activities and ideas are so creative yet practical too! I love that there are 75 of them (and probably even more). You don't have to be a professional educator to be able to figure them out!