Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 22, 2009
This could have been a great product but to me it has a lot of drawbacks. First of all unless you are using at least a half bottle of powder it just is overkill. The melting pot is quite large and seems to me to be for very large applications.

Secondly the pouring lip is waaayyy to wide. If you are trying to pour into a small silicone mold you just end up with it everywhere but where you need it.

Be aware that the pot itself is not detachable - it was really a pain for me to have to grab the whole mechanism and pour it into small molds. Plus the cord always gets in the way. Because it is so bulky is not easily manuverable for smaller applications.

I ended up having to put parchment paper in the pot and letting the powder melt but that is a problem too as the parchment doesn't want to lay evenly flat.

If I had the bucks I would devise a small system of small pouring vials that set on a warming plate. The trouble there is that warming plate of a kitchen nature only reach 175 degrees.

Forget trying to use it for melting soap - it takes forever to clean up.
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2011
Melting pot is great for what I need it for which is melting wax for batik watercolor painting. It keeps the wax just at the right temperature and melts the wax quickly. I especially like the fact that you can control the temperature. The only con I would say would be that it is a little pricey for its size. However there isn't anything else out there like it.
on July 10, 2012
I have used the melt pot before and wanted another one, because sometimes I melt 2 different colors and much easier when I have 2 pots. Very easy to use and have never had a problem when used per instructions
on July 24, 2016
I ordered this a couple of years ago to melt UTEE in. I was aware that it would also melt beeswax and other products but I wanted to work with UTEE first. Upon arrival I noticed that the melting pot did not come out and knew that would be an issue, but I went ahead and used it. Sure enough it was hard to pour the excess out and hard to clean - so I ordered a melt art project pan to solve the problem.
The melting pot does come with a lid which is nice. It has an adjustable heat setting range that starts at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, goes up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and a separate UTEE setting. You can see the temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. It has a light that shows you it is heating and a separate on light. I really like that.
I have used mine quite a bit over the years I have owned it and not had an issue. I never use anything in the pan that could scratch it and I do use a non-stick pan liner. Yes, it takes longer for the UTEE to melt but the cleanup is much easier. I consider it a trade off.
Now this does not hold a lot of material at once so if you are looking to do large projects this might not be the best choice, but I mainly use my UTEE for jewelry. It is a perfect size for this and I find I can make several pieces before I need to add more UTEE to the pot.
I am very happy with my purchase and do recommend it.
Disclaimer: I ordered multiple items and did receive a super saver discount which was not for a review of any of the products purchased. I paid cash for the items. All opinions are my own.
on April 13, 2013
This device is well made, great thermostat, Teflon coated angled melting pot area with spout (did I mention it comes with a very nice heat resistant spatula?) and handles to conveniently hot pour soap.... meriting it a well earned solid almost-five-star-review BUT the size... It is so small!!! I was forewarned reading an earlier review remarking "only use this melter for tea-light making," or tarts, or some small thing... I have used it myself, more than once now, it has a MAXIMUM fill line of 3.5-4 oz. Once you get your M&P, and a few oils/butters, & f.o. in... You are barely making one nice size bar. Barely.
Overall it is not a bad little melting pot- but did I say "little"? :-/
on December 26, 2011
This thing takes my creativity to a whole new level. I'm still finding new things to do with this pot and UTEE. Well worth the price.
on April 16, 2013
You can do soooo many things with this melting pot. You can also buy colors made for this melting pot, or you can use alcohol inks eg. Put UTEE in a paper or plastic cup, add any color alcohol ink, stir, let dry. IMPORTANT!! Make sure the UTEE is dry before adding it to the melting pot
on January 11, 2014
I am trying to melt and pour utee! It melts ok at the back of the pot. But when you pour, it cools down to fast to self level in the mold. You end up with globs in the center and the edges empty. After you pour the pot has hard cold utee at the pour spout and about 1/3 back. Only the very back the deepest part stays liquid. I can not pour a thin layer on the table either. It cools down to much and just makes a blob. I have tried filling an area by moving around but it just cools and makes a lumpy surface. It is not self leveling!

Dose any on out there know if this is the nature of the product or is my unit just not getting hot enough?

It is a great idea. I think the pot size is good. It could be smaller so you can change the color and stuff often. But if you were dipping stuff in the pot, it is probable a good size. I have a extra pan but I don't think it will get hot enough. I will have to get back to you on that one.
on April 3, 2013
Unless your just making tea lights, look on ebay for a presto pot wax melter. You will get so much more for the money
on December 18, 2013
I used this and it works great better then an electric skillet,takes up less space and does a great job with friendly plastic!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.