Other Sellers on Amazon
DVD & Digital Copy Included
DVD + Blu-ray + Digital
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Get ready to tango with Rango, a winner with critics and audiences that’s “like nothing you’ve ever seen before” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone). Johnny Depp is spectacular as Rango, a kooky pet chameleon who gets tossed into a wild and raucous town in desperate need of a hero. Refreshingly original with eye-popping animation, Rango is “loads of fun and genuinely funny” (Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times). And now you can get more Rango in the Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack with Digital Copy featuring the never-before-seen ending, 10 deleted scenes and exclusive interactive Blu-ray features including picture-in-picture storyboards and an interactive field trip to Dirt, and so much more.
NOTE: The Digital and/or Ultra Violet Copy that is included is not on a disc. An Activation Code can be found on a sheet of paper inside the product case, with instructions on how to redeem the code to receive the Digital or Ultra Violet Copy.
- Uncover 10 Deleted Scenes
- Meet the Real Creatures of Dirt (HD)
- Filmmakers’ Commentary
- Watch with Storyboard Reel Picture-in-Picture
- Go Behind the Scenes with Cast and Crew (HD)
- Take an Interactive Trip to Dirt
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
* The dialogue: Our hero talks like George Clooney talking like Clark Gable in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" so pay close attention!
* Homages to classics from "Star Wars" to "Singin' in the Rain."
* The music has everything from yodeling during a chase scene (with toilet paper trailing from a shoe) to Ride of the Valkyries during an aerial attack.
* The Spirit of the West (in an Alabaster Chariot) is a serape-clad Clint Eastwood in a white golf cart with a bunch of Oscars tossed in the back.
* The line dance of the townspeople on Main Street is done to Cool Water by what sounds like the Sons of the Pioneers.
* A Greek Chorus/Mariachi Band which explains the action, consists of four little cactus owls.
* The hawk that terrorizes the town has a partial silver beak, a la Lee Marvin in Cat Ballou.
* One of the townspeople has a crackly voice like Pat Buttram from the old Roy Rogers movies.
* The snake is waaaay too scary for children even though it is clearly patterned after the one from the "Harry Potter" franchise.
* Much of Hans Zimmer's music seems inspired by Ennio Morricone of Spaghetti Western fame.
The voice work is exemplary:
* Johnny Depp ("The Tourist") is our hero, a scrawny little chameleon. He articulates, he projects, he emotes! This little lizard is an out-of-work actor with delusions of adequacy who is accidentally dumped along the Interstate near a town in the throes of a drought.
* Isla Fisher ("The Lookout") is the spunky little gecko who is trying to save her daddy's ranch.
* Abigail Breslin ("Zombieland") is the sweet little possum who believes in our hero.
* Ned Beatty ("Toy Story 3") is the land tortoise who is mayor of that little burg.
* Timothy Olyphant ("Deadwood") does a bang-up job voicing Clint Eastwood.
* Bill Nighy ("Valkyrie") is that evil rattlesnake.
The list of voices goes on and on, with each and every one of them inspired by a great goofy script from John Logan ("Gladiator") and direction by Gore Verbinski ("Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise). The animation is excellent, while everything from the music to the dialogue feels young, energetic and very funny! My DVD from Amazon is a favorite.
You'll like it a lot if you like movies. I laughed more than most of the audience because I'm afraid many of the older references went over their heads. I hope you give this classic Western a shot...smile...
* Bring out Classic themes: A pet who pretends to be different characters...
* Exploration: In this case~ it explores the nature of reality, and even morality...
* Humor: Old vs. Young, Newcomers vs. Familiar Community Members, Outsiders and Insiders....
It's not a film that I would recommend for small kids, but is a film I would recommend for kids 9+
It's a great film ~ both classic, in it's ability to be real, strange, and questioning.
The film is about a pet chameleon that accidently fell out of his owner’s car during a car accident. He was scared and stranded in the middle of the dessert, where there is not even a drop of water. He walked hopeless until he reached the town of Dirt, and they were in desperate need of a sheriff. Rango saw this as an opportunity to fit in. Since Rango considered himself a thespian, and has a need to fit in, he created an impromptu story. After earning the trust from the town folk, they made him sheriff. He suddenly found himself in an adventure, which will eventually lead to the truth about the town mayor.
The film is very visually stimulating and realistic for an animation, and the story line will keep the children entertained for hours! Not only is the film visually stimulating, the story line also has good life lessons, about honesty, truth, and loyalty. The voice acting in the movie is exceptional with Johnny Depp bringing life to the main character, the cowboy chameleon, Rango. Another cool part about the film is that the character animals are very unique! The movie’s Western theme is also unique to animation films of recent history, which adds another dimension of fun and diversity to the movie!
So grab your children and find a cozy spot on the couch, and enjoy the family fun night with Rango.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials