Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Wonderstruck PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 19, 2011
I have owned one of these "fillet" knives (7½") for many, many years. Recently I decided that I would give one as a gift. Unfortunately, my knife was at the cabin, and could not remember the brand. I searched online and found it! Rapala brand. The "personal signature, hand-ground stainless steel, and made in Finland" engraved into the blade confirmed that it was indeed, the knife I was searching for.I was thrilled. I placed an order with Amazon.com and in a few days the knife arrived, perfectly packaged and in excellent condition.

As I checked the knife, I was absolutely thrilled with the quality. My old knife was one of the best knives that I have ever owned (It was thrown into tackle boxes, shop drawers, under pickup truck seats, and in kitchen knife holder. It was used for butchering deer, cutting fish bait, filleting fish, and used in the kitchen - works great for slicing tomatoes, potato-chip thin), etc, The new one is almost a carbon copy of the old - and still comes with a leather case. AND, surprisingly, it arrived "sharp enough to shave!"

If you want an excellent all-around, fillet knife, I would highly recommend this one!
Enthusiast: Fishingon November 28, 2016
Not as flexible as I like but still a nice knife. I used an oil stone to give it a better edge then used the sheath as a strop. Now it easily slices a piece of heavy paper. Also ordered the https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L9GH3M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1Rapala Fish 'N Fillet Superflex Knife (7 1/2-Inch). I have the 4" version already and it has a very nice flex.
on March 21, 2014
The reason I purchased this knife was to replace one just like it that I simply wore out. I received that one as a Christmas gift from a friend in in the 70's. A simple knife to be sure but a no frills product that does what its supposed to do. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
on December 4, 2016
Absolutely amazing knife and super, super sharp. I just finished filleting a couple salmons with it, and what a joy it was! Way better than my old crappy knife. Slices through like butter. I can now remove way more fish meat from the bone without wasting it. The knife is beautiful too.
on January 16, 2016
If you have a fisherman in your family sure enough one of the old knives that he uses for file the fish is a Rapala. This is exactly like the old one just new and shiny. Is still made in Finland and the blade will rust so you have to give it some love and oil and clean it regularly. Great knife and the holster is good to.
on June 19, 2015
Very sharp right out of the box my only complaint would be the handle design is just a tad small for my hands. I wear a large glove to give you an idea of the size.
on January 25, 2016
I love this knife, almost to death. No, really... I almost sliced my hands off with this amazing tool. BE VERY VERY careful with it as the handle is extremely slippery if working with slimy or fatty fish. Or, if you're clumsy, like me. Gawd, I almost lost my fingers multiple times and sliced my wrist once...
I recently used this knife to clean and filet some trout. Very solid, strong, sharp blade. It cut thru my trout with ease. I like that it comes with the sharpening tool. Overall, good knife.
on September 5, 2017
Good qaulity knife but the sleeve insert doesn't prevent you from putting the knife in upside down - which instantly dulls the entire blade.
on December 28, 2016
great filet knife that holds it's edge

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.