RapidBath Deluxe Dog Bathing System
- This item does not come with any adapters nor hose and those are sold separately.
- Bathe your dog in 3 minutes or less!
- Patented InjectAir technology automatically draws shampoo and oxygen into the water
- Requires no pre-wetting and no hand scrubbing
- Provides a relaxing massaging action spray your dog will love
- Provides a bathing experience pets and owners will love
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
On the upside, having the shampoo mix with the water, etc. is a nice idea. It works better than the wet, lather, rinse method. However, there are other products available which performs the same function as this one, for half the price.
Buy it if they drop the price to below forty, but be aware that you'll still have to pay 3USD per shampoo cartridge. They claim you can wash several dogs with one cartridge - that's true only if you have very small dogs. One cartridge is good for 1.5 labradors.
I've a got a standard poodle that can be hard to wash when he has a longer coat. After retrieving in the mud or running blinds in the water, his coat is filthy. The old system was wet him down, try to soap him up, and spray with more water because the shampoo was to thick. I found the water diluted the shampoo, and I reapplied more shampoo to try to penetrate the thick hair. The cycle was wet, apply shampoo, wet, apply more, and maybe do it again. (Remember, he is filthy. It's a good thing retriever training is fun.)
This unit dispenses a small amount of shampoo while washing. I don't excessively dilute the shampoo I've applied, and don't need to reapply shampoo.
The amount of shampoo it is designed to apply internally isn't enough needed to was my dog effectively no matter how short his coat.
Another nice feature is the type of fitting it uses. It is for hose bibs. You can use it in the backyard, or use the supplied attachment for the shower. When the weather is warmer, I use the hose bib fitting at the training grounds and connect it to a hose to wash my dog in the field.
The manufacturers won't like to hear this, but I'm still using the original shampoo cartridge that came with the unit 1 year ago. I don't want to use their shampoo. When the cartridge was empty, I use a cooking syringe designed to inject meats. The diameter of the blunt needle supplied is narrow enough to slide inside the cartridge opening, and I fill it with a shampoo I like. The syringe is the type one would buy to inject meat with vegetable oils when cooking.
At some point I'll need to buy another shampoo cartridge, but this one is still going strong.
This item does have room for improvment though:
1. Price for cheaply made plastic. I paid $60 at petsmart (yeah, buy on amazon) and after a few weeks the clip that holds the shampoo cartrige just popped off in 2 pieces so I have this velcroe strap to wrap around the handle to keep it shut. Without that all important cheap plastic clips, the cartriges won't dispense shampoo properly, so this is a pretty important piece to just break with normal use.
2. The shampoo cartriges are expensive when you have big dogs. Being stingy with shampoo I can bathe both dogs maybe twice per cartrige. Maybe.... Also the ultraclean formula dried my dog's skin out so if your pooch isn't extremely greasy all the time I'd opt for the hypoallergenic or more mild selections.
3. I do think the nozzle could work better with water pressure, sometimes it doesn't spray as hard as I'd like it to and the water pressure is pretty good in my home.
It's a good product but has room for improvement. Even knowing what I do now I would still purchase and use the product just for the covinience factor and time saving. Especially when the "kids" are covered in mud :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The idea behind this product is the same as what is used in most large scale grooming installations. Basically, combine the shampoo/conditioner into the stream of water. Read morePublished 1 day ago by C. Brauer
This bathing system worked really well. I liked the nozzle, it has a good spray pattern and does a good job dispensing the soap as well as rinsing. Read morePublished 3 months ago by R. Judy
I love this system! Works great and is very easy to bath my 75 pound dog in under 5 minutes with great results! Saves a ton of money with grooming as well!Published 6 months ago by Claudia
Loved this. Dog loved it too. No more jumping out of the tub.Published 10 months ago by jennifer day
I have beagles and they HATE the bath. I attach this to the laundry tub faucet and use warm water, and they instantly relax. Read morePublished 13 months ago by K. Fuller
Spray reaches down into coat of dog for a great cleansing!Published 20 months ago by Patricia L. Knapp